Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
HP Photosmart 385 and OfficeJet 5610 printing install problem by Zabetprof
I have both of the aforementioned printers. According to HPs website, the 385 drivers are supposed to be included in Windows. However, during the device installation, I get the following error: Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it: Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printern driver package. I get...
May 31st 07 04:23 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 199
HP Photosmart 6130 is lost from available printers by RayS
My friend is running Vista Home Premium and has an HP Photosmart 6130 printer connected wirelessly. About once a month it disappears from the list of available printers. My son is running Vista 64 Ultiamte with an HP Photosmart 7XXX printer, also connected wirelessly, and has the same issue. If you run the HP driver install it says the printer is there. If you run the uninstall it says the...
August 3rd 07 04:38 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 211
HP Photosmart 7180 by Mark
Hello. I purchased a laptop with Vista on it for my son. We loaded the Vista driver for the printer. It works fine right away, but then goes off line. I'm unable to bring the print driver back on line and the only way I've been able to get around it is to delete the offline driver and reinstall the printer. Why is this going on and how do you bring the printer on the pc back on line. I...
November 4th 07 02:36 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
3 337
HP Photosmart 7350 by Mike H
I can not find my photosmart 7350 when I go to rint but when I installed the drivers it was successful, any ideas?
June 27th 07 03:28 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 205
HP Photosmart 7760 by Jose Luis Mateo
Buenas tardes: Perdonad si escribo en castellano (español), pero en ingles me defiendo muy mal. El tema es que tengo una impresora HP Photosmart 7760 que en Windows XP me funcionaba perfectamente y ahora no xonsigo hacerla funcionar en el Vista de 64 bits. A pesar de haber descargado los archivos que me han dicho los de HP.
May 16th 07 06:53 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
1 236
HP Photosmart 7960 by Jeff Thomas
Has anyone successfully gotten the HP Photosmart 7960 working in Vista. I used the XP drivers that came with the printer and when I go to print something it prints only text. I.E. If I go to print out a PDF file that contains text and images, it will only print the text. Is there a driver out there that is compatible with Vista? Thanks, Jeff
November 1st 06 03:12 PM
by swiftflo Go to last post
5 646
HP Photosmart 8250 and Vista by CdLSRN
I wanted to set up my HP Photosmart 8250 to my new Dell XPS 420 with Windows Vista Ultimate and My new laptop (HP). I bought a small Server to make it a wireless connection to the laptop. But I never got that far. I put the CD into the Windows Ultimate and it would not run. It tried to update and it has all the updates that HP put out. It said it was up to date. Is there a way to make this...
August 28th 08 04:46 PM
by CdLSRN Go to last post
0 371
HP Photosmart 8450 problem printing tables by Bluebonnet
Overall, my 8450 is working *okay* with Vista, except that there's a problem printing docs that are set up as tables. The print previews always look perfect, but in one case I was printing a calendar from a pdf and the lines came out, but no text. In another case, I was printing a monthly menu from IE7 (again, a calendar) and all the text printed, but no lines. (When I say lines, I mean...
March 28th 07 07:46 PM
by Bluebonnet Go to last post
1 189
HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem by atharsagri
Hi, I was using Win XP Prof. SP3 and the above printer. Everything was OK. After I shifted to Win Vista my printing problem started. While installing the printer in Vista, it detected automatically and installed with limited feature. When I wanted to print photos in wallet size on A6 card it is not printing and displaying paper size error. When I checked in the printer properties, it is...
September 7th 09 07:14 AM
by atharsagri Go to last post
0 232
HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem by atharsagri
Hi, I was using Win XP Prof. SP3 and the above printer. Everything was OK. After I shifted to Win Vista my printing problem started. While installing the printer in Vista, it detected automatically and installed with limited feature. When I wanted to print photos in wallet size on A6 card it is not printing and displaying paper size error. When I checked in the printer properties, it is...
September 7th 09 07:32 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 403
HP Photosmart 8750 over network by TheBigDog
Hi all, I have an HP Photosmart 8750 printer that I have connected to my router and assigned an IP. Vista sees the printer and is able to print to the device, however once I hit print the printer starts printing the document out. After about 10 seconds I get a blue screen from Vista and then the system reboots and the print stops. I can print to this fine through my Windows XP machine so...
February 15th 07 06:07 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 271
HP Photosmart C3180 by Shirl
Prints fine but how do I get the scanner to work
February 17th 08 08:57 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 278
Hp Photosmart C3180 Problem by dazed&confused
Hi I hope someone can help. I received a HP C3180 as a gift and just tried to install the cd that came with it. It says Vista doesn't support this software...what do I do now?? :confused: Can anyone offer any help please? I'm not the most technically minded person ever. Thank you D&C
March 23rd 08 09:36 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 303
HP Photosmart C4200 All in one by sally
Hi, I can't print nothing from my computer, the printer said the USB is no connected. I don't known what that means. Thank you: -- sally Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
June 17th 08 09:18 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 414
HP Photosmart C4200 All in one Instalation Cd problem by ericiko[_2_]
I go crazy, there's no way something could go right for me. The other day I bought an HP Photosmart C4200 All in one and for a reason or other the Instalation Cd doesn't work. Tryed in any possible way just won't read it. Brought it back to the store and there it worked. Could anyone give me some tips, pleeease!:mad: I have Vista but it should be compatible with it. Heeeeelp
June 29th 08 05:13 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 321
HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier by jaz33063
I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does anyone have a fix for this? -- jaz33063
August 18th 08 03:18 AM
by harisn9000 Go to last post
7 359
HP Photosmart C6180 by RRR
I just bought a new computer with Vista Windows on it. I will not let me install my HP Photosmart C6180 all in one. Do I need a patch? If so where do I find it and how do I apply it. I would appreciate any help I can get for this problem. Thank You RRR
March 7th 07 10:05 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 235
HP Photosmart D5160 by Thomas M. McDonald
I have a D5160 printer that prints on CD and DVD. You can get the regular printing on paper to work by using the deskjet 990c driver. Has anyone been able to get it to work the CD/DVD printing? When I had RC1 installed there was a driver from microsoft called 5100 Series. When I installed RC2 that driver was no longer there. Any ideas other than to wait for HP?
May 3rd 08 11:46 PM
by Bill Krohn Go to last post
4 1,750
HP Photosmart printer problem fixed by HB
FYI... The problem was in the Port IP Address. I went into the printer setup menu (using printer keypad) - network - network settings, to find the IP address (I printed it). Then I right clicked the printer icon under Control Panel - printers. Went into Configure to find that the IP addresses did not match. I changed it to match what I got from the network settings. Printer has been...
July 27th 07 06:00 PM
by HB Go to last post
0 326
HP Photsmart C6100 series & MS Off. & Image Writer by HB
-HP Photosmart C6150 All-in-One printer (we are wireless) -HP Pavilion dv6000 Laptop -Vista Premium 32-bit -IE7 In March my husband installed our printer getting a driver from the HP website because the driver that came with the printer didn't work with Vista. Everything was working fine. I was able to print from my laptom with no problems. A couple of days ago I tried to print and...
May 7th 07 05:15 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The