Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
the column of owner in printer properties by steven
when i do printing to the network printer (attached to pc01), why the column of owner of printer properties cant display the real name of my computer (pc02), but display 'guest'. please help me. tq
November 25th 06 12:25 PM
by steven Go to last post
0 508
Nec SuperScript 1400 by Ivanoff, Alex
I am looking for drivers for NEC SuperScript 1400. Windows Vista x64 RTM. Any help? Alex
November 25th 06 03:57 PM
by Ivanoff, Alex Go to last post
2 550
HP Officejet R40xi scanner/printer (parallel port) ? by RPESQ
Hi, Does anyone know ~for sure~ whether there is basic functionality for BOTH scanning and printing with older HP Officejet's (R40, R80, etc...)? These are parallel port, circa 2000 vintage. We have a bunch of these R40xi Officejets that we want to keep in service, and our determination of whether to move to Vista will be based upon whether we can still use them for both scanning and...
November 26th 06 02:54 AM
by RPESQ Go to last post
0 580
XPS Viewer not working` by cpawiz
I am using Windows RC2 that has IE 7 built in. I cannot get the XPS viewer to work. When I print a document to the XPS document writer, it seems to save the document correctly. But I am unable to view the documents. When I click on the document, I get an error message that says XPS viewer stopped working. I tried opening the XPS viewer directly but it would not open. I am thinking I...
November 27th 06 07:08 AM
by gxdata Go to last post
1 608
Windows Cannot Connect the printer by Mijo
Windows cannot connect the printer The specified printmonitor is unknown This is message I geting every time I try to install network printer Printer is HP DeskJet 9800 and running on WinXP Pro SP2 on USB port I use Windows Vista Ultimate RC2 Help
November 28th 06 05:05 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
1 651
ACER scan 620ST scanner driver install problem with Vista RC2 5744 by James Lynch
I have an Acer SCSI scanner 620ST which works fine with XP but Vista RC2 reports that it finds the driver but cannot install it. Has anyone found a workaround for this problem yet? If I upgraded to Vista in its current state I'd lose use of both my scanner and printer Samsung CLP-500) which is too much to consider.
November 29th 06 10:52 PM
by James Lynch Go to last post
1 576
canĀ“t connect to a printer by Hikaru
Hi, I have a X73 lexmark printer managed by a computer running windos XP Home Edition when I run the add printer wizard on vista, I get the following message Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied The Version of windows vista that I running is Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600
November 30th 06 03:31 AM
by Hikaru Go to last post
0 626
Import XP faxes by Simone Chemelli
Dear all, how can I import my ols send/received faxes in Vista RTM ?
December 1st 06 09:53 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 641
to MSFT: Does Vista RTM Support ANY Printer Servers? by kevin forsythe
has anybody actually gotten a stand alone printer server (not a PC sharing a printer on the network) to work under Vista? is there any offically supported Printer server devices that have the Vista certification from MSFT) I've not seen any drivers for linksys, netgear, dlink etc. all I want to do is share a printer on my network.. I've tried the Netgear WGPS606 (wireless printer server...
December 2nd 06 06:28 PM
by Sean D. Casey Go to last post
4 758
HPPhotosmart 7660 Error by hobbsieoz
I have just installed the new Windows Vista operating system. But now my HP Photosmart 7660 printer is working incorrectly. It will not print any lines, and some graphics, i suspect a driver error. When i try installing the driver again, it stops after a certain amount of time saying 'Element not found'. So, is there a new driver for Windows Vista, or a workaround to install it...
December 3rd 06 04:36 PM
by hobbsieoz Go to last post
0 617
vista x64 - XPhome x86 Canon printer problem by c.dennis
My printer is hooked up to Vista RC1 x64 and is shared. I can see the printer that is hooked up to Vista RC1 x64 on my parents XPhome x86 computer. But when i try to print from the computer running XPhome x86, in my home network it doesn't work. I get a message that says something like; the server for the printer Canon Inkjet i965 doens't have the right printerdriver. I've already tried to...
December 5th 06 12:18 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
6 596
Ref print spooler services in Vista Ultimate by Cosmin Tudor
Hello , I have Windows Vista Ultimate install on my desktop . The problem is I can't print or make print preview in Office Aplications . When I want to make a print the spooler service crash and after many tries I make a print . In event log I have : Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b734, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp...
December 7th 06 08:25 PM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
2 570
Windows XP shared printer by Craig
I have a printer connected directly to my Windows XP pro machine which is not part of any domain (i.e. workgroup). I have a couple of vista machines which are part of domains and would like them to connect to the shared printer where everything is on the same lan and subnet. I was able to do this when my vista machines were xp pro via ip address. I've tried this with vista but it doesn't...
December 7th 06 08:59 PM
by Craig Go to last post
0 561
Drivers HP Laserjet 28xx by Hans
Hi, Anyone succeed in activating the scan function of the HP Laserjet 28xx, which is placed in a network ? Printing is working fine. Thx
December 8th 06 03:08 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
5 786
HP Printer / Scanner driver availability question by Barry Watzman
Does anyone know if the following devices will be under Vista: 1. HP Photosmart 7350 inkjet printer 2. HP 5470C / 5490C scanner The 5490C is simply the 5470C with an automatic document feeder replacing the scanner lid. Note, I need full scanner support (e.g. currently HP Precision Scan Pro, or more or less equivalent replacement software), not just minimal TWAIN drivers. The 5470C was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 06 07:34 PM
by Stuart [MVP] Go to last post
10 932
Possible to add a network scanner? by James Welch
My roomate in the dorm room has the HP PSC 1610 printer, scanner, copier. We are networked and I have his printer installed as a network printer. I was wondering if there is any way to add his scanning capabilities as a network scanner so I do not have to be on his computer to scan something. I am using Vista RTM.
December 10th 06 01:23 PM
by James Welch Go to last post
2 588
Can't install network printer driver on Vista RC2 5744 by James Lynch
Hello there, Corey, I have the same printer Samsung CLP-500 running as a network printer and have exactly the same problem. However, opening an XP window in Microsoft Virtual PC, there is no problem installing the driver.As far as I'm concerned, it is the most serious defect of Vista and I'm running Vista RC2 version 5744. It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had problems...
December 10th 06 08:48 PM
by Dimpz Go to last post
3 525
December 11th 06 02:46 PM
by retired fire Go to last post
0 564
Internet Printing Protocol by Blair
Does anyone know how to setup IPP on Windows Vista RTM? I need to connect to an IPP enabled print server but all I can find in the Vista printer wizard is straight TCP connections. Thanks, blair P.S. the printer works fine from XP using an Internet Port.
December 11th 06 04:46 PM
by Blair Go to last post
0 482
Printers issue with images by Simone Chemelli
Hi, I found a stupid but quite annoying bug in Windows Vista print pictures dialog ( the one opened for example from Windows Photo Gallery ). I received a TIFF image that is a portrait A4 format .When I open it it shows correctly but when I print it get printed in landscape and stretched. No way to force it print in portrait other than using the two photo per page template but this will...
December 12th 06 08:10 AM
by Simone Chemelli Go to last post

From The