Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Certified HP C7280 driver by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
Anyone found it? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2 ^ ^ 14:48:01 up 18:11 1 user load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 ºî ´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 08 05:41 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
13 707
Excessive logging to SpoolerETW.ETL by Dave Nuttall
The print spooler generates a set of 3 log entries (example below) about every 0.25 seconds. These go to SpoolerETW.ETL in the Windows\System32\Spool directory. This behaviour exists on one of three "identically" configured systems, and is triggered by a user login (but not by the Admin login). The printers set up on this system are a minimal subset of those available (in order to try and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 08 01:29 PM
by 8086 Go to last post
13 797
Printer always offline by Goldie
Hi - I recently set up a Brother MCF 665CW on a wireless network with an HP laptop running on Vista. Initially everything worked fine but a few days later (the next time someone tried to print) the laptop showed that the printer was offline. I have tried the following: - made sure "use printer offline" was set (or whichever way around its supposed to be; I did check this with Brother) - pinged...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 09 02:06 PM
by Bob Headrick [MVP] Go to last post
13 1,159
Windows Fax and Scan: Preview or scan images as separate files by Ilene M
hello- I am trying to find out how to enable "Preview or scan images as separate files" for a new or existing scan profile. It is currently greyed out and reguardless of the options I choose, I cannot make that box available to check. Goal: scan several documents so that each document is scanned in as an individual pdf file. OS: Windows Vista Business edition Scanner: HP Officejet 6310...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 16 10:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
13 8,787
Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ? by Warren[_2_]
Hi everyone. I have an HP Deskjet 722C hooked up to my Windows 98 machine through a parallel port. I'm thinking of building a wireless network and installing a wireless printserver to the printer (plugs directly into parallel port). My question is will I be able to install the print drivers on my new Vista machine so I can print to my Deskjet 722C from the new Vista machine ? Thanks in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 08 06:25 PM
by larry3754 Go to last post
13 561
windows fax and scan by 周瑜
I upgrade my XP PRO to VISTA, and I can's use "windows fax and scan" on vista now. It appears that "Windows fax and scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder.Please ensure that windows fax and scan can access that folder". Because I had changed my documents folder's position to "D:\", I guess it was reason. I try to give my account the max permission of my documents folder,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 08 09:42 AM
by gocat2005 Go to last post
13 321
Cannot print from IE browser by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one? Is Vista SP1 installed? =just a question, not a suggestion or recommendation! -- ~PA Bear jf1 wrote: vista business, yes default browser
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 29th 09 01:47 AM
by Don Varnau Go to last post
13 552
Print wizard differences by Charles Shapiro
Hello. I am trying to get a Vista Laptop to print to a XP desktop. It appears instead of setting it up as a network printer, I install as local printer and use UNC naming(\\computername\printername) to connect to the printer. The problem I have it that Vista isn't consistent in it's add a printer wizard or there is something wrong with this laptop. On my Vista Ultimate when I go to add a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 08 12:03 AM
by Charles Shapiro Go to last post
12 881
WFS fails to start by Tom
Until several months ago, I was able to scan in Vista Ultimate (SP1). Recently, however, when I start WFS.exe, nothing happens at all. I don't see the application in my task list or on the screen. Any suggestions on how to get it working? T
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 08 03:51 PM
by Tom Go to last post
12 380
HP F380 printer drivers won't install!! by [email protected]
I am trying to reinstall the printer and the device manager advises: "The drivers for this de3vice are not installed (Code 28). Windows found driver software for your device but encountered anerror while attempting to install it. The rquired section was not found in the INF." It would be great if someone could advise me what to do to install the printer. Ican be contacted at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 07 11:06 AM
by Confused in UK[_2_] Go to last post
12 975
Printer Keeps reinstalling... by gmaof3
I have an HP4200 series all in one at home and the same printer at work. I use a laptop with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Most of the time my computer tries to reinstall the printer when I move from one printer to the other, or if I disconnect from one of the printers and then reconnect, it does the same thing- tries to reinstall. Sometimes I end up with 3 or more copies of the same printer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 08 11:45 PM
by soozie Go to last post
12 767
Network printer. by dave
I have a home network on XP with two desktop computers, each with their own printer... both HP's. I now have a new notebook with Vista. When I try to print to either of the printers ... the page is printed backwards. HP says they can fix it ... for a service charge. Me thinks MS should be responsible since this is a Vista problem. Regardless, I need my new Vista computer to print. Any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 07 05:55 AM
by Kelly Leurck[_2_] Go to last post
12 459
Slow sppoling/printing by youngjan
I've just loaded the Vista printer drivers for a Canon LBP5200 laser from the Canon site. Printing from all the applications I've tried so far works, but it takes 3-4 minutes to load the status monitor & then start printing. The print speeds are much slower than they were with XP. I'm using Vista Home Basic on an Intel Core2, 2400 MHz with 2408MB RAM. Printer is not networked. Hope someone can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 07 11:54 AM
by Jorge Go to last post
12 569
pasting scanned docs by tcseacliff69
I have an HP pavillion w/ windows premium. seems new computers see no need for floppy discs any more. I have a scanner. when i scan my resume. i cannot seem to format it properly to put it on other websites. I returned my hp scanner,was impossible to use, now have a canon all-in-one works great but i stll cannot save and send my resume properly. I can save it as a text doc, save it with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 8th 07 01:39 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
12 315
printer by Marky
i have win vista home why cant i in stall my printer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 22nd 07 11:37 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
12 294
Dell 960 all in 1 printer and vista 32 bit by tmr
new computer with vista 32bit, will not allow dell all in 1 960 printer! It "sees", has power, and i downloaded new vista drivers, but i cannot get it to go "online"-the choice is shaded out, and printer says "offline". cannot print test page. tried deleting and re installing, same problem. any ideas are appreciated!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 07 12:20 PM
by J F D Go to last post
12 524
Adding a network printer by cwilcoxson
I have a brand new (out of the box two days now) Fujitsu Tablet and I'm trying to get it setup for use here in the school I work in. So far, I have updated Vista, installed Anti-virus, Google Pack, Firefox; and setup a student account. I am trying to add a network printer under the Administrator account and I keep getting this error: Printer driver was not install. Operation could not be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 25th 07 04:02 PM
by Jason#2 Go to last post
12 469
HP Officejet 7310 software by tkyle
I bought a new HP officejet 7310. It would not allow me to install the software that came with the printer. I am stuck with an all-in-one machine that will basically only print. I can scan but it will only import as a ..tff. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 07 01:32 PM
by Dennis Brothers Go to last post
12 401
compatible fax programs for vista home premium by trndispr
Since home premium does not have the fax program in it..just wondering if there is one out there that will work with 32 and 64 bit...changing to 64 bit soon as the dvd gets here
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 07 11:21 PM
by Gerry Cornell Go to last post
12 569
Importing Fax Files from XP Backups by Mills Architect
I have used the fax function in Windows XP for years. I routinely backup the sent and received files. I would like to import these backed up files into Vista Fax but cannot figure out where they should be copied. It appears it should be c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WindowsNT\MSFax\Inbox or SentItems. I have copied my old file to these folders, but they are not visible in Vista Fax. What am I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 06 08:25 AM
by MalcMacQ Go to last post

From The