Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
FAX Installation on Vista by Simon Raihani
I am experiencing a problem installing my local fax modem in the Windows Vista FAX & Scan Programme. The symptoms are as follows: 1. When I try to add my local modem to the list of accounts I get the following message: "an error has occured. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator" Clearly I tried over and over again re-starting etc but always with the same error. When I...
December 4th 09 08:25 AM
by peterf Go to last post
2 237
plug and play printers have disappeared by bfjplt
cannot print to my printers because they are not recognized in any program - they are plug and play printers so when I go to control panel and printers it will not allow me to install the printers because it says they are plug and play and should be automatically recognized. i've used this computer for over a year and all of a sudden the printers disappeared - i didn't install anything new...
December 3rd 09 06:49 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 295
plug and play printers have disappeared by bfjplt
cannot print to my printers because they are not recognized in any program - they are plug and play printers so when I go to control panel and printers it will not allow me to install the printers because it says they are plug and play and should be automatically recognized. i've used this computer for over a year and all of a sudden the printers disappeared - i didn't install anything new...
December 3rd 09 06:36 PM
by bfjplt Go to last post
0 117
Vista-Lexmark USB Communication Failure by Castagnola
Hi, I have an HP Desktop PC that has had a Lexmark X3650 All-In-One (not wireless) attached via USB for almost a year now without problem. The PC has auto Windows Update and an HP driver update switched on. On either 26/11/09 or 27/11/09 the PC had done a windows Update and reboot. My next attempt to print on 27/11/09 was met with a "Cannot Communicate" error, the print queue shows the request...
December 3rd 09 01:40 PM
by Castagnola Go to last post
0 134
is it possible to share the printer only? by [email protected]
When you turn on file and printer sharing, both file and printer sharing are turned on. Is there a way to turn on printer sharing only? by default, c$ is always shared on windows XP pro, I am not sure about vista/windows 7 home premium. So there is some security risk with file sharing, while there is less risk with printer sharing. The PCs are behind the firewall, however, there is a...
November 29th 09 07:03 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 147
Vista x64 TCP/IP Printing Issues by conagan
Greetings, I have been searching for some time for an answer for this issue but i have not yet been able to find a fix. PROBLEM: I cannot add a TCP/IP Printer attached to my network. System Information: Gateway 6860 Laptop Windows Vista Home Premium x64
November 29th 09 05:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 349
SNMP not allowed by NewIT
Logical printers on Server 2003 showed off line immediately after hardening the network. XP PCs work just fine. Disabling the SNMP on the port configuration of the driver is not an option because the driver is setup to print to a queue and certain application need the SNMP to monitor the print jobs. What is the security setting that won't allow the SNMP communication between the driver on the...
November 29th 09 04:24 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 256
Reinstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Vista by Gnavicks
How do I reinstall the Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Vista if it was deleted from the Printers folder as well as deleted from the Drivers tab on the Printer Server Properties? I've tried using the drivers in the "C:\Windows\System32\spool\tools\Microsoft XPS Document Writer" folder on the XPSPort but I get "Printer driver was not installed. Unable to find a core driver package that is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 29th 09 03:03 PM
by jcmunioz Go to last post
26 673
Where did my faxes go? No sent items? by Jerry
I do remember this was an issue when I switched from XP to Vista. I solved it then, but don't remember the solution. Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard and the issue is there again. All my received faxes are in My Documents/Fax/Inbox and those that I sent are in My Documents/Fax/SentItems. When I run the Windows Fax and Scan app, I can see all the faxes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 09 08:50 AM
by Jfrm Go to last post
16 437
SNMP not allowed by NewIT
Logical printers on Server 2003 showed off line immediately after hardening the network. XP PCs work just fine. Disabling the SNMP on the port configuration of the driver is not an option because the driver is setup to print to a queue and certain application need the SNMP to monitor the print jobs. What is the security setting that won't allow the SNMP communication between the driver on the...
November 26th 09 02:03 PM
by NewIT Go to last post
0 153
Windows Vista Printers all gone, can't do "Add Printer" bc no spoo by Kai
Hi, I have a Vista Home edition. One day, I try to print a document, the popup screen have no printer for me to select. I go to Control Panel and click the printer icon, All my printer driver are gone. So I click the "Add Printer" button to add new driver, but then it pop up a warning message saying that my printer spooler is disable and tell me to reboot the computer. I reboot it and...
November 24th 09 03:07 AM
by formalized Go to last post
6 212
old postscript printer removed by Gilles Vollant
hello somes old postscript printer (hp laserjet 4, hp color laserjet 4500), are in standard vista list but no win7 do ou known easy way to activate them, using their ppd file?
November 22nd 09 08:56 PM
by Gilles Vollant Go to last post
4 359
HP 7960 - Workgroup Printing not sharing by David B[_2_]
Hello! Using HP Photosmart 7960 as shared printer off of XP Pro SP2 machine. Works great for the other XP machines that share it. Tried to connect (via network share) my (new) 64Bit Vista Home Premium box to this printer. Of course, it asked for the Vista printer drivers, which do exist. So, the challenge - the drivers won't install on the XP machine, as they are Vista drivers and error...
November 21st 09 03:14 AM
by terry2s Go to last post
6 390
HP 6200 disappears from Vista by TommieVtwin
I've been experiencing a very annoying problem with an HP 6200 series. The printer is connected via a USB HUB to my VISTA PC. Regularly I have to connect this printer direct to another PC, which cannot be networked with the VISTA PC. Now here's the weird part: Sometimes (most of the time) the printer will disappear from the Vista PC, but not always. When it does disappear, it re-installs when...
November 20th 09 12:46 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 218
Epson R340 Printer acting up by canuck
Just registered and second post. Have searched unsuccessfully for a fix to my problem. My printer worked well for a few years until yesterday when whenever I tried to print something the results were eg.: !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W#C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" and on for several pages of similar but different characters which make no sense to me. I've uninstalled the printer, reinstalled...
November 19th 09 09:40 PM
by canuck Go to last post
0 267
Epson R340 Printer acting up by canuck
Just registered and second post. Have searched unsuccessfully for a fix to my problem. My printer worked well for a few years until yesterday when whenever I tried to print something the results were eg.: !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W#C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" and on for several pages of similar but different characters which make no sense to me. I've uninstalled the printer, reinstalled...
November 19th 09 09:40 PM
by canuck Go to last post
0 158
Umax 5600 astra not working by irfan
I was using Umax Astra 5600 scanner with my old system but now when I upgraded my pc to 64 bit it stopped working ///// \ pleasee give me a solution .... iffu
November 18th 09 04:36 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
2 328
Umax 5600 astra not working by irfan
I was using Umax Astra 5600 scanner with my old system but now when I upgraded my pc to 64 bit it stopped working ///// \ pleasee give me a solution .... iffu
November 18th 09 03:41 PM
by irfan Go to last post
0 158
Vista spooler keeps stopping by Jan
Environment: Vista preminum 32-bit Printer: Toshiba eS451c, it is a network printer shared a few people in the office. Other people do not have the problem. Problem: The spooler keeps stopping without any reason. Restart the spooler. can initiate print once (prints OK) then it stops again. Check the spooler's properties, they a Startup type: Automatic
November 18th 09 04:20 AM
by Jan Go to last post
6 405
Espon R200 Photo Printer by Alberto Vitiello
I have this printer from some years and I'm happy with it. Now the problem is with Win Vista. There is not a specific drive for this Printer under Vista. The printer print ok, no problem for this, the problem is the Printer Monitor that can not see the inks status. So I can not know if a cartridge is out of ink. Tried to contact Espon for new driver but no chance. Any Idea? TIA
November 17th 09 12:26 PM
by AshleyLewis Go to last post

From The