Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Canon has finally released the drivers for Vista by Jerry P
These drivers took care of my problem. I wished they would have released beta version a long time ago. Jerry http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct
December 12th 06 02:31 PM
by Jerry P Go to last post
0 569
Vista Explorer 7.0 How to Print to Adobe Acrobat Professional by Dwight
Hello, I can't seem to get past a problem printing from the browser in Vista (RTM). I am in Protected Mode (the default) and when I try to print to Adobe Acrobat's printer driver Protected Mode interdicts the job to the pseudo temp folder and tells me: "If you trust the program and want to allow it to run on any website, select the Always allow websites to use this program to open web...
December 12th 06 05:00 PM
by Dwight Go to last post
0 500
another can't connect to printer error by MAC Dierkx
There are other can't connect to printer error topic's in this newsgroup ,but from what I understand it are all network printer error's Now I am having the same error ,only my printer is directly connected to my PC by USB port Im using Vista Netherlands edition and I got Vista to understand the XP drivers of the Lexmark printer (last driver from Lexmark) (run driver as XPSP2 driver an as...
December 13th 06 11:49 AM
by MAC Dierkx Go to last post
0 508
Printer prints in non-MS programmes - HP LaserJet 1022n by Gibby
Following install of Vista Business I am unable to print to the above network printer at work - other printer seem ok - I can print to the above in some instance e.g. from within Acrobat but not from any Office products - these will print to other machines - the status message is ready and drivers have apparantly updated successfully (as they have not with some printers I can still print to)...
December 13th 06 09:51 PM
by Gibby Go to last post
0 535
Does anyone have a Dell Wireless All-In-One Printer 966 & using it with Vista? by Jason
I am considering getting a new printer and the price with all the features looks pretty good. -- Jason Windows Vista RTM MS Office 2007 RTM
December 14th 06 05:49 AM
by Jason Go to last post
2 560
Scanned Fax page is garbled by Doug
I can scan just fine from the WFS tool. However, when I try to to scan a page to fax it, the fax is unreadable ...even in my "preview". Its not the scanner sicne I can scan just fine .
December 15th 06 02:46 PM
by Jan Ilacqua [MVP] Go to last post
3 539
Faxing with Vista RC1 by Yves Thiery
Each time i try to fax a doc from Word 2007 I receive the message "Failed to create empty documents" If I click on "Windows fax & Scan" i get the same message. I have never parameter the fax as i cant get to it. I use Agere Win Modems, reconized and installed as well as sucessfully tested under the Control panel. ??????? Anybody have an answer? Thanks
December 18th 06 10:39 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 550
Anyone have any info of HP Vista support for 5470C scanner? by Barry Watzman
Title says it all: Does anyone have any information on what support there will or will not be for the HP 5470C scanner (and 5490C ... same scanner with ADF)? Also, the HP Photosmart 7350 inkjet printer?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 06 04:55 PM
by Barry Watzman Go to last post
13 824
Printer Prints Areo Shadow by Richard 378
I have a HP Officejet 5610 and when I print the print is bold like and has a shadow with every character I print from Microsoft Word 2003. I have tried other programs like Stamps.com with the same result. What is the shadow and how do I stop it? Also, how do I stop the bold if possible? I am using RC1 Public.
December 20th 06 11:00 PM
by Jan Ilacqua [MVP] Go to last post
5 665
Happy Holidays '07 by Jeff
Hi Everyone, Happy Holidays :-) Jeff (P.S. just figured out how to post to multiple groups-lol- watch out now!!!) jk
December 24th 06 06:11 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 604
Corrupt Printer by Markctpr
The print driver for my HP3330 printer seems to have gotten corrupted. It was working fine but now I can't print to it, check the printer properties, or remove it. Whenever I try to do something to it, the print spooler crashes and I get an error saying the operation can't be completed without the spooler. I can re-start the spooler easily enough but I still can't print because that...
December 30th 06 05:50 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 675
Can't print to HP Officejet 6210 from Internet Explorer by Will
Hey All, I am having trouble printing from Internet Explorer. when I try to print, I get the message "This action is restricted. For more information, please contact your system administrator." I am logged in as administrator. What can I do to fix this? I can print fine elsewhere, just not from IE. Here's my system info: Vista Ultimate RC2 build 5744 Intel Pentium D 820
December 30th 06 10:27 PM
by Will Go to last post
0 526
Can't print from IE7 on RC2 by PA Bear
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan via crosspost. (Haven't they fixed this /yet/???) -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) Will wrote: Hey All, I am having trouble printing from Internet Explorer. when I try to print,
January 2nd 07 12:52 AM
by PA Bear Go to last post
0 590
Must turn firewall off to print by Tony
I have an HP 7400 network printer attached to my desktop running Vista Ultimate RC1. If I want to print from another computer to that printer, I have to turn the firewall off on the desktop. In other words, other computers can not see my desktop or the printer attached to it without turing the firewall offg. Any help?
January 3rd 07 09:30 PM
by Tony Go to last post
2 3
Shall we expect that HP will have drivers/softwares for their AIO products on Vista release? by mlai
Judging by their past history and their absolute silence on software and drivers for their printers so far...... Shall we expect that they will provide drivers when Vista is released (or shortly afterwards) at all? I am concerned that when Vista is released, HP's stance will change to something like "Vista has just been released and our developers needs time to develop drivers/software on...
January 6th 07 05:22 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
6 706
VISTA HP7410 driver has a bug by bob
I have two HP laptops (a ZD8000 and a DV9000) both were customized by HP and has BlueTooth and Wireless and came with WindowsXP. I had no problems printing to my HP Officejet 7410. Both laptop were given a clean install of Vista Ultimate (RTM). When I added a printer to each it found the 7410 using Bluetooth/wireless and loaded the software, but not the HP manager/director. When I attempted...
January 10th 07 01:43 PM
by bob Go to last post
7 644
Manually Changing Printer Drive on Network Pinter by TR
I have a printer hooked up to an XP machine in another room. I am attempting to access the printer from another computer with Vista x64. Vista automatically installed the HP Photosmart 2500 series drivers (it is a 2510xi). Those drivers don't work with Vista x64. I need to install the 990c drivers on the Vista machine, but the advanced options in the preferences (after running the prefs...
January 10th 07 07:48 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 540
View a Print-To-File File by ajmplanner
I have stored many dozens files on my hard drive using the Print-To-File option from the standard Print Dialog Box . I need to save these files for auditing purposes but I don't need to print all of them at any time. I know how to print them but I would like to view the files before I print them as I only want to select certain ones for printing based on their content . Anyone out there...
January 11th 07 02:47 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
4 532
Print-To-file by Tim Turner
How do you print a Print-To-File item? -- Timothy J. Turner
January 12th 07 09:31 PM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
6 511
Lexmark Printer by Kathleen
I've installed my printer drivers with Vista, and although they installed, I can't get my printer to communicate with my computer. I know that the cords are all plugged in and functioning properly, so this seems to be a computer issue. Any ideas?
January 15th 07 02:18 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post

From The