Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Control Panel/Printer/Windows Aero/Personalize Error by Andrew
I discovered this problem when I tried to print a document. It would tell me that i could not print. The computer was not able for whatever reason to print to my printer although it was obvious that it could still see it. Not much later i found that when i clicked the control panel a blank screen would open for a second and then disappear. I searched on the internet and found this forum,...
October 22nd 07 05:17 AM
by skEwb[_14_] Go to last post
3 265
printer problem by Andrew
My printer is connected to the computer but it doesnt print anything -- by Andrew
June 15th 08 01:41 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 330
OfficeJet 7300, no toolbox by Andrew Rossmann
I cannot get the HP toolbox or other utilities to work with my 7300 and Vista. I am using the drivers downloaded from HP, along with that unofficial patch so the duplexer works properly. If I try to 'Service this device' from Printing Preferences/Services, I get a popup that says 'Unable to perform the operation', with a title of 'Help with Printer Lights'. (?!?!?!?!) If I try to use...
January 10th 09 04:06 PM
by Andrew Rossmann Go to last post
1 313
Printer Preferences by Andy
When I select printer preferences. from the print menu, the preferences menu briefly flashes on the screen then disappears. I can't change my preferences. I have tried deleting the printer and re-installing it but it doesn't make a difference.
March 11th 07 09:43 PM
by Andy Go to last post
4 196
System Won't Detect Lexmark 3100 All-In-One by Andy D
I have a brand new Inspiron 531 that came with Vista and when I installed the printer (plugged into USB) it doesn't detect it. However when I go into Printers it shows the printer there and says it is operational. But it won't respond when I tell it to print a sheet or anything, I don't understand. Is this a Vista issue because it worked fine on my old computer with XP. I'll appreciate...
August 28th 07 03:06 AM
by Akbar Mian Go to last post
3 237
Media Player 11 Problem w/Vista by Andy D[_2_]
Suddenly my video tracks are playing opposite, like a flipped negative. The video is upside down and the letters are reversed. Just last night they were playing normally. How do I resolve this problem?
November 15th 07 05:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 277
Any Known Issues with Lexmark X8350 All-in-One by Andy D[_2_]
I just ordered one of these yesterday, I looked it up and confirmed that it is Vista compatible, just wondering if I should be aware of any problems to look for when I go about installing it to my computer. Thanks in advance-Andy
November 21st 07 06:12 PM
by rnrdude Go to last post
3 355
Unable to print to Shared Printers on Windows XP Pro PC by Andy P
I have a Home Workgroup consisting of a Dell Vista Home Premium PC and a Sony Vaio XP Pro PC which has 2 shared printers attached to it. I have mapped my Dell Vista Home Premium PC to my XP Pro shared HP Laserjet 1300 & HP PSC 2400 by using the UNC and not the Printer Wizard (It didn't work at all). At that point the XP machine sharing the printers shows up in the Network folder. I then...
June 10th 07 07:12 PM
by Andy P Go to last post
0 174
Printing problems from shared XP printer to a Vista PC by Andy P
I have a Home Workgroup consisting of a Dell Vista Home Premium PC and a Sony Vaio XP Pro PC which has 2 shared printers attached to it. I have mapped my Dell Vista Home Premium PC to my XP Pro shared HP Laserjet 1300 & HP PSC 2400 by using the UNC and not the Printer Wizard (It didn't work at all). At that point the XP machine sharing the printers shows up in the Network folder. I then...
July 2nd 07 11:21 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 255
Network printing from XP SP2 to Vista by Andy Webb
Hi, Hope some one can help. I have an Epson Ink jet printer connected to my Vista machine and this prints fine, but I can't print to it from my networked XP machine. XP see the networked printer fine but wants to install a print driver, I've downloaded the
February 28th 07 12:57 PM
by Tammy Go to last post
3 199
consulta by andylopez
Hola, me compre una multifuncion photosmart hp c3180, quisiera saber si es compatible con windowa vista? porque he probado de todas formas y lo unico que funciona es la fotocopiadora. El scanner ni noticias, y la impresora quedan todos los datos guardados en la cola de impresion. que mas puedo hacer? sera el puerto de la impresora, porque es cable usb la compulos lee rebien Bueno me despido...
August 29th 07 02:13 AM
by andylopez Go to last post
0 143
Problem installing Lexmark x4650 - error 0x000006be, Print Spooler, Add Printer by AndyW68
I have had problems for the best part of a week now trying to install a brand new Lexmark x4650 printer onto my 6 month old Compaq Laptop running with Vista basic. I have tried other printers (HP and Dell) and have had similar problems. The printer seems to install fine (both using the provided disc and after downloading the latest drivers from the Lexmark website). However once installed I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 28th 08 08:09 AM
by AndyW68 Go to last post
10 2,402
Printing Problem by Angel D
I have Vista on a laptop with an HP Laserjet 1320 connected. I log onto remote computer running XP Pro via remote desktop. The printer I have connected to my laptop is not in the list to select when I try to print something. My other laptop which runs XP Pro works fine. I can see the printer on my Vista running laptop, I can print documents directly from my Vista running laptop to the...
June 1st 07 01:21 PM
by Angel D Go to last post
0 138
Fatloss computer program by Angel vasquez
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com
October 15th 07 11:31 PM
by Angel vasquez Go to last post
0 162
lexmark x1270 all in one by angel76
i have vista and have downloaded the diver from the lemark site now my printer prints but i am unable to scan or photo copy does anyone know how to get it to work as i have asked lexmark and they sent me a list of checks to do and still no luck help!!!!!! -- angel76
November 11th 07 10:37 PM
by Tye M Go to last post
4 310
compatability with Vista by Angels3bmd
I am buying a Laptop and would like to get Vista on it but I am worried that it will not be compatable with other computers without it or my printer (Lexmark 4300 all in one). Previously my scanner was not compatable with XP.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 07 05:58 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
13 495
Mulitipule pictures on one page by Anna
Does anyone know how I can print more than one picture of the same size on the same piece of paper without having to put the same piece of paper in over and over?
March 20th 08 04:43 AM
by SF Bay'er[_2_] Go to last post
3 250
Installing the printer by AnnB.
I have Windows Vista and I was trying to install my current printer. Its an HP Officejet 4315 all in one. Everytime I try to install it; it gets halfway and then it comes up with an error message telling me that I cannot use the 'run as' to install this program. I knew that the Windows Vista has a new download that you have to use in order to install the printer, but I can't find it...
October 11th 07 05:44 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 217
real and virtual printers by anne
Last week, I got a new Dell XPS for home, running Vista Home Premium. My relatively new HP all in one 31800 doesn't have a Vista specific driver yet. Loading the barebones one downloaded from HP provides some but not all functionality. My old but reliable HP 4L required a parallel/USB converter to work but I'm not sure I've got the correct driver for the converter. After a brief flurry of...
February 22nd 07 07:20 PM
by anne Go to last post
0 200
Can't add a network printer by Annegy4859
I am running vista home premium and get am error message when trying to add a network printer. It says I don't have enough memory. I have 2 gig of some kind of ram. Please help. Thank you. -- Annegy4859
July 31st 08 02:38 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post

From The