Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Fax program by Maelmoro
Looking for a program to send fax from my Windows XP/Vista/Seven through my modem. Can someone suggest one? It seems like there isn't.. :O Max
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 10 02:59 AM
by Americano Go to last post
12 1,533
Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error by Drew
Hi A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the printer list. This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or administartor. 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error 0x000006e6'
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 4th 10 08:12 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
12 1,055
Files and Printer Sharing by ColTom2[_3_]
Hi: I know that I have addressed this posting to some Vista Newsgroups even though my computer in question is a Toshiba L455-S5980 running Windows 7 Home Premium, but hopefully someone can help me or direct me otherwise. I have a wireless network with a Linksys WRT160N router connected to a Sony desktop running XP MCE(2005). In addition, I have another Toshiba laptop running XP Home...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 10 08:02 AM
by experttechiealicejefferson Go to last post
12 1,447
Problem with sharing a printer in VISTA by Opsimist
I have a PC and a laptop in a wireless homenetwrok. the PC is directly connected to the router and to a printer. and the laptop is connected by wireless connection. I set file and printing on. I can share files easly, but when I try to share the printer it says "not enugh memory". I tried to set it as a local port ("\\pcname\printersharename") but it says "access denied". I'm the admin on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 08 06:18 PM
by Patrick C Go to last post
12 702
Cannot print wide format HP CP1700 by tep
Good evening, With Vista, I cannot print A3 with that printer. With XP I can ! There is no help on the HP site or via google. Who has the solution ? Thanks, Roger
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 09 06:41 AM
by harrystaab Go to last post
12 689
NON AVAILABILITY OF FAX OPTION IN WINDO VISTA BASIC by jay sureka[_2_]
For Mr. Bill Gates. I feel it is down right cheating that Vista Basic don't have faxing facilities where as all older editions had faxing facilities. I request that free down load is given to all vista basic buyers jay sureka ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 28th 08 11:55 AM
by bjr Go to last post
12 584
How can I scan? by Scott Eveland
I'm new to Vista and I can't find how to scan from anywhere. My HP PSC1600's scan button won't work, and HP says that the drivers are incompatible with Vista, and to use the "Microsoft Fax and Scan" program. I cannot locate any such program on my computer, so I assume it must not come with the home OEM version of Vista I have. So, I have a scanner I can't use and no workaround with Vista? ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 10 03:50 PM
by nannefaye Go to last post
12 986
Vista Business - extremely SLOW printing on network printer by axjul
This is what the Canon tech support suggests: "If you didn’t already try, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver so that you have the antivirus software and firewall off while installing." I guess the implication is that the printer should be installed while all antivirus and firewall software is disabled... so much for making things easy for the consumer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 08 01:12 PM
by Kokopelli Go to last post
12 334
DOS Printing: System Error 66 by Jimbo
I just replaced a WinXP laptop with a WinVista laptop. I was able to print from DOS programs to a network printer on the XP machine via 'redirecting' LPT1 via the command NET USE LPT1 \\servername\printername password /user:username Using the same script on the new Vista laptop, however, gives me the System error 66 has occurred The network resource type is not correct
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 27th 08 07:21 PM
by karrah2303 Go to last post
12 596
Vista Printing and Print Server on Router by jasinwa
Here is my issue: Using Vista Home basic, I can not get the pc to print to a print server printer. The data seems to spool and then just sits there, nothing ever happens, no print, etc. C88 Epson, using Vista driver for it. I have a USR wire/wireless router with a built in print server (printer connects to a USB port on it). Model of router is USR 5461.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 09 10:03 PM
by Rabid1 Go to last post
12 517
Missing HP Drivers by Peter Ellison
Vista Home Premium New computer, clean install by manufacturer. Printer HP940c Ink Jet. "HP" is not given in the list of available printers, even after checking Windows Update. The list presented in the "Add Printer" dialogue box, under the heading Manufacturer, jumps From Gestetner to Imagistics. Have contacted HP, who have given up on me.............. they suggest that
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 4th 08 07:12 PM
by Jercro Go to last post
12 577
Scanner driver by Rex
I got a Plustek OpticPro S28 scanner. Vista seems to have problem to work with this driver; it does not allow driver program installation. I check the manufacturer's site where there is no updated driver for Vista available. What should I do? I cannot use the scanner after installing Vista. Pls help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 7th 07 03:39 PM
by Dave Cal Go to last post
11 758
Sharing Printers from Vista to XP by ToKE
I have a Canon i865 shared on a Vista Ultimate x64 system. using the unbuilt drivers. i can see the printer fine on my XP MCE laptop but the Vista Drivers are not supported under XP. i have tried installing the XP drivers manually on the XP machine but it rejects them, i also cannot install non-Vista drivers when trying to install drivers for previous operating systems when trying to install...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 07 07:32 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
11 357
HP scanjet 4570C by Huib
Hi, Has anybody any experience installing it on Vista. I do not succeed on it. On first view the installation from the CDrom is succesfull. Trying to execute it, i got an error telling me that the relared maps do not exist? On top the DVD-drive is hanging and after deleting the program and restarting the drive is again visible?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 07 09:17 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
11 630
fax mail transport does not work by sildar
hi I have a client vista business with outlook 2007. the server is sbs 2003 se sp2. When, on the client outlook 2007, I try to add the fax mail transport I receive the following error message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work properly until re-configured correctly". Then the only option is "cancel". can anyone help me? Thank you very much silvio
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 07 10:56 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
11 436
Samsung Scanner produces unreadable for Vista TIFFs by Joerg
I bought a CLX-3160FN multifunctional device from Samsung. When it scans images to TIFF, the TIFF cannot be opened with any program in Vista (no viewer, fireworks or whatever will do the job). If I open the file over the network with an XP-machine, it displays well. Obviously, Vista does not support the compression type of the TIFF. Anyone has the same problem, or a even solution? Would be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 07 09:55 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
11 432
Cannot print with UAC enabled by lofty
Printer : Konica/Minalta 2530DL Vista 32 drivers USB conneted to computer. OS: Vista Home Premium 32 bit UAC enabled, log on with Amin privileges. All Vista updates installed as of this post. Problem: Pinter drivers succesfully installed but test print will not print, job just sits saying "printing". Can print "Test" from printer properties page if I seclect "run as administrator". If I try...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 07 07:24 PM
by lofty Go to last post
11 591
HP L7580 Printer Fax and Scanner Driver Installation Problems by mmeche
I downloaded and installed the 8.0 software for the L7580 All-In-One Printer and cannot get the fax driver to install. The printer is a network printer and I have tried both static and dynamic addresses. I can ping the printer and run the web based fax and scan utility with no problem. I am running Vista Home Premium. During the install, if I try to add a device, the install software sees...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 07 01:11 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
11 544
Linksys Wireless Print Server by cclem
I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista. I can not print to my Linksys wireless print server (WPSM54G). I can ping the server but can not print. I have a desktop and another laptop on the network using XP and I have no printing problems with them. According to Linksys there is additional drivers required. Does anyone have a solution?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 25th 07 06:20 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
11 436
How does one change the "Windows Fax and Scan" to use a different folder by Daniel L. Lieberman
The Windows "Fax and Scan" program appears to operate only when the current user Documents folder is in a particular location. How can that be reconfigured? TIA.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 07 09:53 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post

From The