Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Anyone have a HP spc2110xi working in Vista??? by skon
I've tried everything. I installed the latest XP drivers from HP for the psc 2110xi and it does not work. Tried 8 or 10 'simular' drivers in Vista's list of HP drivers with no success. I am running: Vista RC1 Build 5600 32-bit On a: Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz, 2GB RAM, Seagate 200GB HD (C:) IDE, Western Digital 160GB HD (E:) IDE, Memorex 8x DVDR etc. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
October 23rd 06 04:15 AM
by skon Go to last post
0 471
Anyone have any info of HP Vista support for 5470C scanner? by Barry Watzman
Title says it all: Does anyone have any information on what support there will or will not be for the HP 5470C scanner (and 5490C ... same scanner with ADF)? Also, the HP Photosmart 7350 inkjet printer?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 06 03:55 PM
by Barry Watzman Go to last post
13 825
Apple Drivers - Missing from Vista !? by Daniel
I'm trying to add a printer (that is normally listed as standard with XP, but isn't with Vista): Apple LaserWriter IIf I have tried searching online, and nothing comes back at all (as it is normally a Windows provided driver). Any ideas ?
November 25th 06 10:35 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
6 647
Apple LaserWriter printer by Patrick W.
I used an AppleLaserWriter Pro 630 laser printer on a previous Windows XP clone computer without any problem. The XP OS included printer drivers for many of the popular LaserWriter printers (long since out of production). The new Windows Vista Home Basic does not appear to provide any drivers for the LaserWriters, and the Apple and Adobe versions of drivers will not install under Vista. Do...
May 10th 07 07:11 PM
by yoderjm Go to last post
4 217
Applicationswon't print to shared printer by Wes
I've a HP CLJ 1600 printer shared between two Vista Business machines. On the local machines everything works fine. On the remote system I can print a test page, but nothing will print from applications such as Word or even Notepad. When a job is sent, it spools to the printer and the job status shows as printing but nothing happens. The only other thing that seems strange is that the...
July 23rd 07 04:42 PM
by Wes Go to last post
0 194
Are x64 print drivers only offered on x64 system? by Clark[_6_]
I was just wondering, on an x64 install, if the print drivers offered in the wizard during an add printer sequence, are only x64 bit ones. If not, is there a way to tell the difference? Thanks, Clark
February 9th 09 10:00 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 191
ARRRGGG!!! Can't Install Network Printers by Tim
When I go to "Add a Printer" dialog box, if I select "Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer", Windows Explorer crashes, restarts, and my add printer dialog box disappears. It doesn't do this if I select "Add a local printer." I just recently upgraded from XP. Anyone else ran into this? Thanks!!! Tim
June 5th 07 08:59 AM
by SteF Go to last post
7 237
ASCII or TBCP by IT News[_2_]
The data format default setting for some PS drivers is ASCII and for some other ones is TBCP. What are the advantages of using one over the other, please? Thanks!
March 22nd 09 08:08 PM
by IT News[_2_] Go to last post
4 299
Associating USB device with generic print driver (Virtual USB printer port) by mindy1701
I have Vista problem. I need to know how to associate a USB device with a Generic Print driver on a Virtual USB port. In XP (been using for years) it allow you to go through the step of connecting the device to the generic driver. Vista on the other hand does not seem to allow that, it wants a driver. If I remember correctly on XP you create the virtual USB printer port, then when the device...
July 21st 08 05:34 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 303
Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server by Art Billings
Hi all, Need some assistance if possible. I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet that I am trying to fax out, using the fax server on my 2003 SBS domain controller. I have set the print area, but when I click the print button, it attempts to send a fax that's 405 pages. I've always been able to cancel the job prior to it reaching the server. I was wondering if this is a Vista incompatiblity...
February 19th 07 08:38 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
7 337
Attempting to install hp photosmart 3310 by Mate
Attempting to do the above install on PC, running Vista evaluation get "Access denied" to Registry message. I know there is a an "HP Tool (AccessDeniedUtility_1_3_4.exe" for XP Systems, will this work on Vista, or do I have to wait ? Thanks, in advance, Mate ________________
February 2nd 07 04:10 AM
by Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT] Go to last post
1 554
Attic Air Conditioner by [email protected]
DeLonghi PAC C120 Portable 12,000-BTU Air Conditioner Price:$908.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001RTER9S Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001RTER9S
December 16th 09 05:26 AM
by jainkelly Go to last post
1 538
Automatic fax account creation for WinVista WFS to use Win Server2003 Fax Server? by RJT[_2_]
Client Workstations: WinVista Fax Server: Win Server 2003 R1 For each user of each workstation, an admin user has to approve the fax account creation process in order for it to be fully completed. Totally stupid. There must be a better way. Is there some way (GPO, FusionInventory, wpkg, opsi, unattended.sf.net) to push out WFS settings to all users for all machines joined to the domain? ...
June 4th 10 06:59 PM
by RJT[_2_] Go to last post
0 1,031
Automatically forward a received fax by email by Arend
How can I Automatically forward a received fax by email using Windows Fax and Scan in vista. Better yet-- how can I make the Symantec winfax to work with vista? Thanks and regards, Christos
May 19th 07 01:37 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 162
Availability Printer Driver HP Color LaserJet 4550 by IndiaAlphaNovember
Does somebody now the availability date for the Vista printer driver HP Color LaserJet 4550? Best regards Ingo
March 9th 07 11:42 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
2 188
AVG 8 by Jr
Has the print problem with AVG 8 been fixed?
June 19th 08 10:19 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 750
B&W Laser Photo Printer Recommendation by SF Bay'er
I am about to buy a new inexpensive (hopefully) B & W laser printer. I need one that will produce good quality B & W photos. Most of the reviews I have looked at don't discuss photo print qualities. Anyone have a recommendation? I am replacing a Brother HL 1440 which only does an OK job with photos. Thanks for any ideas. Tom
November 24th 07 03:47 PM
by SF Bay'er[_2_] Go to last post
1 410
Belkin F5U002 alternatives by Accolade83
Well after a bit of research I've found that my Belkin F5U002 USB Parallel Printer Adapter cable is, from what I can tell, not compatible with vista. So my questions are 1. Is this absolutely true that it is incompatible? 2. Is there anything I can do to make it compatible? 3. If not, can anyone suggest a comparable item that is compatible?
January 19th 08 09:46 PM
by Accolade83[_2_] Go to last post
2 178
belkin Print Server & Windows vista by miguel leon
I print with 2 laptops with windows xp in a belkin print server F1P0001. I buy a Gateway laptop with windows vista. after install the software (belkin print server), i donĀ“t print any document with the Gateway. What is the problem? Thanks in advance for your reply. Miguel Leon
January 17th 08 03:30 AM
by miguel leon Go to last post
0 178
Bidirectional communications by KevinH
I have an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 & when I try using the status monitor to get infomation back on the printer while it is printing I get an error stating that Bidirectional communications must be enabled for this device. In the printer setting bidirectional communication is checked. Is ther a setting in Vista that must be turned on?
February 2nd 07 10:31 PM
by Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT] Go to last post

From The