Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Win98 printer share is perpetually offline after rebooting Vista by SlickRCBD
For years, I've had an HP DeskJet 812C connected to the parallel port on my Win98SE computer. The printer is shared, and I've had no problems printing from Windows XP. Enter Windows Vista. I set up Vista to use client-side rendering by adding a local printer and having it point to the port for the printer. Everything works fine when I set it up, until I reboot the Vista computer. When that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 09 03:00 PM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post
10 829
Unable to Print or Print Preview from IE7 on Vista Home Premium by Poppy
I've been struggling with this for some time now. The computer is a Toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium. It prints to the USB connected Brother printer with no problem from Word, Excel, Firefox, etc. However, it is unable to print HTML documents from either IE7 or Outlook (plain text emails in Outlook do print fine) There is no response when I select "Print" in IE7. No error, no document...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 09 12:44 AM
by gadgetlover[_2_] Go to last post
10 828
vista fx error: media is write protected HELP by ra
Hello, Every time I try to send a fax, the following error message appears: "The message could not be sent. The media is write protected". Can someone help me out on this issue? Thanks in advance, Sander
September 8th 06 11:57 PM
by ra Go to last post
0 825
Anyone have any info of HP Vista support for 5470C scanner? by Barry Watzman
Title says it all: Does anyone have any information on what support there will or will not be for the HP 5470C scanner (and 5490C ... same scanner with ADF)? Also, the HP Photosmart 7350 inkjet printer?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 06 03:55 PM
by Barry Watzman Go to last post
13 825
Dell 3010cn - Can't install drivers!! by Paul
I am having a weird problem tring to install the drivers for my Dell 3010cn printer. After installing the Dell CD, autorun displays the welcome screen with serveral install options (local, network,). No matter which I select, the welcome screen just disappears for a second or two, then re-displays again - having done nothing at all. Has anyone else has problems installing Dell drivers? --
November 23rd 06 01:36 PM
by Paul Go to last post
7 823
error 0x00000057 by tkahrs
I installed Vista Home Premium a few days ago and now I can't get my (USB) Epson Stylus PHOTO 820 to print. The driver installs but when I start to print I get the 0x00000057 error code. Called Epson for help but they said it is Windows problem. Purchased RegCure and ran it but printer still does not print. I read several articles that pointed to the spooler or the registry as a problem but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 09 11:22 PM
by anco Go to last post
11 821
Do I Need to Install the Canon MP610 Printer Application Software? by Jim K[_3_]
I'll be helping a neighbor set up a new Dell with Vista Home Premium. She bought a Canon all-in-one MP610 printer with lots of application software on the CD - MP Navigator, Easy-PhotoPrint, ScanSoft OmniPage SE, Easy-WebPrint, and ArcSoft PhotoStudio. I know i need to install the OCR software, but wonder about the rest. Do I need the MP Navigator for this printer to work? Will the Navigator...
April 13th 10 10:06 AM
by oliverlnrd[_3_] Go to last post
7 820
Vista & Dell All in One (AIO) printer by CJ
I recently upgraded my laptop to Vista Home Premium. Now I can not print to my Dell 922 AIO. I have downloaded the latest Vista drivers from Dell. The driver install appears to work fine; however, when I try to print the queue stacks up and I get a message about not being able to communicate with the printer, please check the cable, restart, and other trouble shooting suggestions. No...
September 10th 09 02:40 AM
by cnrogers Go to last post
4 819
Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files by Mills Architect
I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many historical SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several times. I am noticing that I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 07 10:11 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
17 815
Canon IP5200R by 2pods
"2pods" wrote in message ... Has any one had any luck installing the above wifi printer ? TIA P Have given up (at least until rc1). It seems to install, then says the network driver needs to be reinstalled. I try that, there is an amount of disk access then nothing.
September 1st 06 03:16 PM
by 2pods Go to last post
0 800
Excessive logging to SpoolerETW.ETL by Dave Nuttall
The print spooler generates a set of 3 log entries (example below) about every 0.25 seconds. These go to SpoolerETW.ETL in the Windows\System32\Spool directory. This behaviour exists on one of three "identically" configured systems, and is triggered by a user login (but not by the Admin login). The printers set up on this system are a minimal subset of those available (in order to try and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 08 01:29 PM
by 8086 Go to last post
13 797
How does one change the "Windows Fax and Scan" to use a different folder by Daniel L. Lieberman
The Windows "Fax and Scan" program appears to operate only when the current user Documents folder is in a particular location. How can that be reconfigured? TIA.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 07 09:53 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
11 796
Printer problem printing from vista to XP by Jollyjoker538
i have a problem with printing from my Vista system to a XP Machine. My printer is installed on the XP Machine witch hangs on the local network. When i instal the printer trough the network on my Vista system it doen't work. I can complete the instal but when i try to print nothing is happening? Can someone explane me how to instal the printer so that i have no problems with any security in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 08 06:15 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
15 790
HP LaserJet CM1015 MFP re-install will not work by hannibee14
I have been using a HP LaserJet CM1015 MFP on my '07 Dell inspiron 1520 with Windows Vista Home Premium addition since August '07 with absolutely no problems. A few weeks ago, strange things started to happen. First, I received a message about the computer not being able to find the printer. The printer was no longer listed as my default printer for no apparent reason. I fixed this. The next...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 08 09:16 AM
by SpecZX Go to last post
11 788
Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message. by Shaz42
I have bought a Lexmark X1270 All In One Printer, but despite endless emails and phone calls to Lexmark they are still stating that it is compatible with Vista, i bought this product as it stated that it was. I have used the Vista clean to uninstall any old files of Lexmark then used the Download link for this Printer from their website and yet still there is a problem with the install, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 07 02:31 AM
by Greg Go to last post
14 787
Drivers HP Laserjet 28xx by Hans
Hi, Anyone succeed in activating the scan function of the HP Laserjet 28xx, which is placed in a network ? Printing is working fine. Thx
December 8th 06 03:08 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
5 786
Sending Docs by Vista Fax stopped working by traveller_agr
Hi, I have been 'happily' using Vista(32) fax to send word docs and pdf's. Tried today and got this message when trying to send a word document. "This fax cannot be sent at this time. Please launch the compose form from Windows fax and scan and click on New Fax to attach this document to send out as fax." Polite and simple, so I tried it. And got "The message could not be sent. The data is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 23rd 09 08:46 AM
by Archie Holton Go to last post
14 778
Citizen printer PN48 by leotheman
I have small notebook printer Citizen PN48. The driver is available in windows XP, but not in the list in Vista Home Premium. I was told, that the driver that works with NT will work with Vista. I need to get "inf" printer file for PN48, but I couldnt find one. Whatever I tried to get from Internet, was without "inf" file and I cant install it. Please help me, I do not wish to spend $200-300 for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 6th 08 03:49 AM
by leotheman Go to last post
14 777
Bug in HP OfficeJet d145 in Vista RTM by Yuval Rakavy
After a week of horror (seperate story...) I was able to upgrade my computer to Vista RTM. There is a bug in the HP Office Jet D series printers. When printing in landscape, the printer just spits out empty pages. Printing in portrait seems to work. Best regards, Yuval
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 08 10:33 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
17 775
All in one printer need scanner HP2610 by Neal
I have a HP 2610 and with the new RC1 build from Beta 2 I have a great working printer now. The only thing I do not have is a working scanner. I have it on my network I am just trying to figure out if there is any way to get my scanner working for vista RC1. Thanks
September 11th 06 11:09 PM
by Neal Go to last post

From The