Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Connot print from Internet Explorer by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Forwarded to Vista Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.net/ Happygolf wrote: When I go to print from Internet Explorer the following error message appears. Cannot find
January 30th 08 04:29 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
0 213
Printer appears in "Printers" window, but not in File Print dropdown list by Charles Blaquière
I've had a terrible time reinstalling drivers for a Laserjet 3015 on a Vista system. I thought I had it right the other night -- I can print a test page from the Printers window Properties for that printer Print Test Page. However, the printer doesn't show up in the File Print Printers window Name dropdown list! How can that be? Thanks for your help. Charles
January 30th 08 02:42 PM
by Frenkie Go to last post
2 188
Printing Contact sheet of multiple jpg photos by luke
IN Vista when you print a contact sheet of photos vista automatically figure out the best way to orient each photo (potrait or landscape) so that if you print a contact sheet some photo on the sheet are portrait and some are landscape. This didn't happen in XP. Progress is measured in small steps - but does anyone know how to stop this. Kind of useless that Vista decides what's best for...
January 30th 08 12:49 PM
by luke Go to last post
0 215
Registry hack to change the modem init string? by Man-wai Chang ToDie
Seems that there is no option for specifying my own modem commands via Vi$ta's Fax and Scan center..... -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24 ^ ^ 16:11:01 up 3 days 21:45 0 users load average: 0.04 0.04 0.00 ºî ´©...
January 30th 08 08:18 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie Go to last post
3 268
Prtr Install Error 0X000003eb by Sibuan
My desktop PC o/s is Vista Ultimate and tried to install latest Universal PCL5 Drvr for my HPLJ1200 using USB port. I encountered the following error msg: "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0X000003eb)" 1) this printer is not shared and is a local printer; 2) running fine with previous version of Universal PCL5 printer driver in Word and Excel 2007 as well...
January 30th 08 07:40 AM
by Sibuan Go to last post
2 1,232
Scanner Freezing by Farmer Scott
My CanoScan 4200F keeps freezing for no apparent reason - it works for a few scans and then it gives a communication error then a twain error, I then have to reboot everything to get it started again, sometimes more than once. It did it on my old computer with Windows XP but it now seems to be worse with Vista Home Premium (on a new Dell Inspiron). My previous Canon 5000 scanner gave me a...
January 30th 08 05:23 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 261
intalling pixma mp210 PRINTER on gateway gm 5664 vista machine by Rickster
For some reason vista does not like the driver supplied by canon. Can some provided step by direction I've spent a 7 hours on this issue. Thanks Semper fI -- Rick
January 30th 08 05:20 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 264
Vista Printing - Question/Researching by KimSMMH
I was wondering if anyone knows if setting up a network printer in Vista is profile specific. I know currently with XP, if you setup a network printer it only shows up for the user that is logged into the pc. To get around that currently, we setup a local print port and point it to the print server. Was wondering if this changes with Vista or if setting up printers on a PC is still user...
January 30th 08 03:17 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 309
HP Color LaserJet 5M driver in Vista. by BigBillSD
There is only a postscript driver included. HP doesn't put drivers that are supposed to be in vista on their website. I see that XP includes the driver. Any ideas where I can find this.
January 30th 08 03:13 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 306
color laserjet 5m missing from Vista by BigBillSD
Its there in XP and the HP site says its only available inside vista. But there is only a PS driver there. Any ideas where I can get the vista one?
January 30th 08 02:28 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 234
Opening Scanned Documents by cheryl
I scanned documents from my Lexmark scanner and sent them to a folder under Documents. Now when I try to open, it tells me Microsoft Works Word is unable to open. This also happens to docs saved from Print Artist which is compatible w/Vista I can open the docs under Corel Snapfire,but I am only a trial period with them. --
January 30th 08 02:28 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 274
unable to retrieve cover pages associated with the selected accoun by Curly_Money2006
I keep getting the following error message when trying to start a new fax "unable to retrieve cover pages associated with the selected account" I have added new cover pages, but they are not accessible. Any ideas. Windows Vista Business.
January 29th 08 11:40 PM
by Curly_Money2006 Go to last post
0 225
Windows Vista Print Spooler (under Services tab) "Failed to read D by Ryno
HELP! I am have issues with my Sony Vaio with Windows Vista. I have done a lot of research and read other post regarding printing issues and I can not find a resolution for my problem. Under the Services tab (the location to "restart" the Spooler), I have went to restart the spooler and I receive the error code, "Failed to read Description. Error Code 2.). When double clicked it doesn't...
January 29th 08 06:15 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 498
hp psc all in one half print by Casey
My printer is printing out half of the one page. It stops prinhting in the middle of a page and goes to the next page. It stops printing after only finishing the top half of a sentence. I got it to work once. I'm also having an issue with my mouse and keyboard. The mouse will sometimes click a second time and the keyboard will get stuck on the last key for like 3 seconds. help me I have a...
January 29th 08 04:58 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 5
No fax in Home Premium by Man-wai Chang ToDie
I am surprised... is there a free fax tool for 32-bit Vi$ta Home Premium? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24 ^ ^ 22:03:01 up 2 days 3:37 0 users load average: 1.64 1.88 1.84 ºî ´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
January 29th 08 02:57 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie Go to last post
2 229
connecting a printer by DogmaDot
I have an INSPIRON laptop with VISTA. I am trying to install an HP 460 printer. My granddaughter will use this in high school as she has learning problems. The computer is ours, but the school provided the printer. I have installed the printer with some difficulty. When I try to print a word document, I get an error. I successfully installed the same printer to my Dell PRECISION 6300 and...
January 28th 08 11:31 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 253
XP print jobs on vista sit in spooler by Matt
I have an HP 1020 laserjet shared out on a vista ultimate system. I can see the printer from an XP system (in the same workgroup), connect to it, print to it, but the job never prints. It sits in the spooler. If I cycle the spooler service, it prints when the service restarts. I can print local jobs fine from the vista system (TSed into it), just not jobs from the XP system. I've made sure...
January 28th 08 02:01 PM
by sabbycat7 Go to last post
6 248
Fax & Scan by mchjr01
I am a newbie on Vista. How do I setup my Fax functionality as one of my printer. I have a land line connected to my dial up modem on my desktop and I would like to receive and send faxes through my desktop running Vista Ultimate. Can you direct to a web site maybe where I can get the step by step instructions in setting it up. Thanks,
January 28th 08 12:14 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
6 307
"Standard TCP/IP port" gone missing by Jimbo[_2_]
I am also missing the standard tcp/ip option for printers. It was working fine last week and for whatever reason the option has disapeared and all the previously defined tcp/ip printer ports are gone as well. I followed all of the suggestions in this thread to recreate the keys in the registry and the option still doesn't display in any of the interface dialogs. Is it possible that the dll files...
January 27th 08 09:45 PM
by Jimbo[_2_] Go to last post
0 262
Vista Business - extremely SLOW printing on network printer by axjul
Printing from my Vista Business laptop to Canon LBP5000 network printer in any application takes 130 seconds to start when the Windows firewall is ON. When I disable the firewall the same job prints instantly. I have the newest Canon driver and all the Windows updates are current. When I print the same job to the same network printer on my other laptop running Win XPSP2, also with the...
January 27th 08 03:15 PM
by axjul Go to last post

From The