Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
HP printer trouble by tdguetig
Whenever I change my print page size in the control panels it never works. I go in, save it, go back to my document and it's not there. I've had Geek Squad out here to make sure I have the correct printer driver for Vista installed but it's still giving me the same problem. Can anyone help???
January 24th 08 12:08 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 326
Programs don't detect my scanner. by Super Nova
I can see my scanner in the scanner and camera list but none of the programs (like windows fax and scan) don't detect my scanner. What should I do?
January 23rd 08 11:38 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 241
Faxing by Dale
Hi: I have an HP dv6500z notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I would like ot create & send a fax but cannot figure out how. The notebook has a built-in faxmodem, but I cannot find any application to run to create & send a fax. Any ideas ? Also, do you know if there are other software applications that come on the notebooks that are still "uninstalled" and need to be installed...
January 23rd 08 11:03 PM
by Dale Go to last post
2 224
Fax...Initial Setup by Dale
Hi: I have an HP dv6500z notebook running Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit. This laptop cames with a buil-in fax/modem. I am trying to use the faxing capability but cannot find any application to run. Windows is suppose to have this. HP told me to downlaod/install SoftPaq 37725. I have a successful install, but I still do not have any fax program to run. Please advise... Thank you...
January 23rd 08 11:02 PM
by Dale Go to last post
4 334
Scanner stopped working by chas638
I just bought a Western Digital 1TB World Edition netwok drive. After I connected the drive and installed Mionet WD software on my Vista, I can no longer use my Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. The computer states it's available and working fine but when I try to open it I get an error that it can't be started. It has been working fine for over a year with Vista and if I switch OS to XP...
January 23rd 08 09:49 PM
by chas638 Go to last post
2 312
Print driver by [email protected]
I have XP pro and I can print successfully from word but not from publisher, when I try to print from publisher a window pops up that says "cannot load printer driver", I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Chris
January 23rd 08 08:04 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\)[_25_] Go to last post
1 283
HP 6310 will not read photo cards by pixelm
After purchasing a new computer with Vista, I learned that my two year old HP all in one would no longer scan because HP had not bothered to write the appropriate driver. AS a result I purchased a new 6310 which scans fine. However, when I tried to read photo cards - no luck. After wasting an hour or so, I found the HP FAQ which said that the driver for the printer won't do photo download....
January 23rd 08 08:02 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\)[_23_] Go to last post
1 179
printer unable to communicate........ by Littlemountain
I have been fighting with my Dell aio 964 printer adding it to my new laptop with VISTA.......If I can't get help here.........I am going to try and remove VISTA and reinstall XP Hope someone can help
January 23rd 08 07:58 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\)[_21_] Go to last post
1 230
Cannot install drivers for my printer by sue
Hi I seem to be having problems installing the drivers for my printer. I have manage to do it for my lap top which is running windows vista basic, but can not do it for my PC that is running windows vista home premium, it as an error that says cannot detect printer port. Dell have checked the USB ports and they work when anything else is connected. can anyone help. thanks. --
January 23rd 08 06:09 PM
by Kevin Go to last post
1 211
Can't add, delete, or configure ports?!! by Bob Forgrave[_2_]
Before Vista, I had a happily configured set of two printers printing correctly on a wireless Belkin print server via separate PC ports. Now, I have a sadly configured set of two printers hanging off the same PC port...and no way to add, delete, or configure ports. I just get a Vista error message that it can't be done. While I wait the 48 hours for a callback from a Level 3 Belkin...
January 23rd 08 06:09 PM
by Bob Forgrave[_2_] Go to last post
0 197
windows fax and scan by jt
can not send a fax to a local number it dials as a long distance call, need to remove the 1
January 23rd 08 05:22 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
2 241
Network printer needs to be mapped after every login by PeterFisk
We have several Vista machines, that are members of a win2003 domain. Our users have roaming profiles, and are local administrators of their computers. They should be able to connect once to a network printer queue on a win2003 server, and keep that printer forever. But the printer disappears everytime they log out, and they need to search AD, and connect again eveytime they log in. Is...
January 23rd 08 04:44 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 220
Scanners and Cameras by Zeus[_2_]
Please create a build for your Control Panel "Scanners and Cameras" whereby a Wireless Scanner can be found instead of what you have now, which is the physical attachment of a LPT or Com Port attachment, USB... -- Deja vue.... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...
January 23rd 08 01:05 AM
by Zeus[_2_] Go to last post
0 213
Can anyone help please? Printer wont print by fmck1983
Im having trouble with my printer. it was working fine and it suddenly stopped. I have windows xp and a hp psc 1317 series. I decided to downloaded the software and the drivers so that it is compatible with xp. The photocopier and scanner work but the printer doesn't. I have tried unistalling and reainstalling, i have changed the ink cartridge and i cant think what else i can do. I need...
January 23rd 08 12:56 AM
by Kevin Go to last post
2 3
Printing Issues by LMI
I just added a Vista to my SBS network, however what I notice that when I login with my user name, i see my default printer change from my network printer to another printer. However, when I go into the control panel and get into the printer........and change the default printer back to the network printer. Once i restart my coimputer and log back in, I go to the control panel printer...
January 23rd 08 12:44 AM
by LMI Go to last post
3 258
Vista enumprinters sharename change in behaviour by RobertWood
We are preparing our infrastructure for Vista. Our login script manages printer connections using using WMI to retrieve a list of the user's current connections. On our current Windows XP (x86) systems running the following command outputs the server and share name of all connected printers: wmic PRINTER GET servername,sharename Running the same command on Windows Vista (x64) systems the...
January 23rd 08 12:02 AM
by RobertWood Go to last post
0 214
Faxing by Dale
Hi: I have a new HP dv6500z notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. This laptop is suppose to have a fax/modem but I do not see anything under the Start button relative to faxing. How do I go about getting access to the fax side of the fax-modem ? Thank you. DaleB P.S.
January 22nd 08 11:20 PM
by Dale Go to last post
0 343
Vista Home Premium Fax Applet by WebDad
Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 08 11:03 PM
by pooneh Go to last post
15 478
Printing with Works on Vista by Mimi
I am getting an error message when I try to print from Works 8 to my windows Vista-based computer. It will not let me print anything in Works. HELP!!
January 22nd 08 11:00 PM
by Mimi Go to last post
3 246
Printer vanished and won't reinstall by Paul H[_2_]
I am currently running Vista Home Premium x64. I have a HP PSC 1610 and a Samsung ML-4600 printer, both of which were working ok with vista until recently. When switching either of the printers on, vista prompted that it was installing new devices, even through they had been previously installed and working ok. Each time vista says that it cannot find the drivers and prompts me to use the...
January 22nd 08 09:17 PM
by Paul H[_2_] Go to last post

From The