Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
fax and scan program does not work by drchenomd
My Vista Ultimate machine used to work for faxing. Recently it does not work any more. In the Fax and Scan window, when I click "New Fax" to start faxing, the whole window turn grey and become inactive. The Error Massege was: Micorsoft Windows Fax and Scan has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution...
January 22nd 08 08:24 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 233
Print Selection not Working by CWLee
I have an HP 932C Deskjet printer that works just fine with my Gateway computer running W-2000/Pro. I just switched it to my other computer, an HP running Vista Ultimate. Printer works (mostly) fine as near as I can tell. I have found one quirk so far. When I select a portion of a document, and then hit print, and then on the print menu I select print selection and then OK, the printer prints...
January 22nd 08 08:24 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 288
Network printer stops printing when IP address changes by 5Circles[_2_]
I'm using Vista Home Premium. I have a Brother 5170DN (direct network connection) that has been working fine with my older computers running earlier Windows versions. The trouble is that when the IP address of the printer changes, Vista is no longer able to print to it, so I end up having to reinstall. The reinstallation adds a new TCP/IP port into the driver, and then it works fine...
January 22nd 08 04:40 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 385
Printing is too slow by Hristo Todorov
Hello, I installed myself Windows Vista Business on my desktop at the office. Only problem I have is with printing: I'm connected with 2 printers (both network) - a HP laser jet 1220 and Konica Minolta Business Hub 250. The hp printer is installed on my colleague computer and I don't have big problems with it. The printing takes a little bit more time than on XP before and sometimes the...
January 22nd 08 02:04 PM
by Hristo Todorov Go to last post
0 251
Custom Page Size by Tim
I am using an Epson LX-300+II dot matrix printer in Windows Vista. I am trying to print checks that are tractor feed 8.5" x 7". I added the cusotm paper size in the print server and it is saved correctly, however, when I try to print, the print properties dialog does not show the paper size. In fact, there are many paper sizes in the print manager that do not show up in the list of available...
January 22nd 08 12:50 PM
by amitpasad Go to last post
4 320
Answer to query. by [email protected]
Hi everyone, Apologies for not responding to this problem earlier - I have been at university back on XP and forgotten all about it. Basically this problem is due to a piece of non plug and play hardware in Vista being deleted and thus not detected on a restart (as a plug and play piece would). The only problem is now I'm at university I can't remember for the
January 21st 08 09:35 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 263
Word 2003/Vista Combo Spooler Slow 4 Network Printer - -Wierd solu by derryman23
Running Vista with Word 2003 on a Network Printer.... Printing any Word document is ridiculously slow. Basically, the print job just hangs indefinitely. However, printing .pdf documents, documents off the web, etc. is normal. When Word docs hang, print status just shows "spooling." One time, just to see how long this might take, I waited 47 minutes to print a 2 page Word 2003 letter!!!! ...
January 21st 08 06:01 PM
by derryman23 Go to last post
0 238
Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers by Ashkan
Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers Are Not Displ, I runing Windows Vista X86. please help, how I can ersolve this problem?
January 21st 08 05:32 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
9 330
Error message hpqscnw----Scanningproblem with HP 3210 by Kapuskin
Hi all out there, I have some delicate problem with my scannings from HP 3210. Before latest updates from windows updates my HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One worked properly with Vista Ultimate 64-bit. But after the updates I get scannings problem ´that means that I can not longer scan. - The error message from windows: hpqscnw has is not worging longer.
January 21st 08 03:26 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 298
Casio KP-C10 by Man-wai Chang ToDie
Anyone got a 64-bit driver for this label printer? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.14 ^ ^ 19:12:01 up 5 days 22:01 0 users load average: 1.00 1.03 1.00 ºî ´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
January 21st 08 10:13 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie Go to last post
0 256
printer won't print graphics by kathyz
I have vista and microsoft office word 2007. Up to yesterday I could print just fine, what I wanted whenever. Suddenly for no reason I can determine graphics from word 2007 will NOT print, work art will NOT print. The only thing that will print is documents with regular fonts. Please someone help!!
January 20th 08 07:12 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 255
Print by áÎÄÒÅÊ ëÏ×ÁÌÅ×
Hi, sorry if my English is terrible :( Have strange problem with printing (VHP) , when I try add printer (local or network - equal) I get message " Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer" what should I do ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 08 03:34 PM
by áÎÄÒÅÊ ëÏ×ÁÌÅ× Go to last post
11 545
Belkin F5U002 alternatives by Accolade83
Well after a bit of research I've found that my Belkin F5U002 USB Parallel Printer Adapter cable is, from what I can tell, not compatible with vista. So my questions are 1. Is this absolutely true that it is incompatible? 2. Is there anything I can do to make it compatible? 3. If not, can anyone suggest a comparable item that is compatible?
January 19th 08 09:46 PM
by Accolade83[_2_] Go to last post
2 178
Cant Receive Faxes: by ADH
Have Vista Ultimate installed and installed a Fax modem. Set it up using the Windows Fax and Scan program. Am able to send but have not been able to receive any faxes even though it shows Hello, Ringing- The call was answered as a fax-Receiving page1. Goes on forever like this without receiving the message.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 08 05:24 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
13 402
Windows Fax and Scan in VISTA ENTERPRISE? by Kingsley
We have Vista Enterprise and there is no Windows FAX and scan. According to Microsoft's website, Vista Enterprise is suppose to have Windows FAX and scan: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/faxscan.mspx Does anyone know where I can download MS's Windows FAX and scan and install it manually in Vista Enterprise?
January 19th 08 02:50 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 149
Works crashes when trying to print by Dale
Hi, a friend had a Win98 machine and Works 8.5. He bought a new machine with Vista Home. When he opens up any spreadsheet created w/8.5, the font name and font size show in Japanese. When he tries to print the doc, Works crashes (just says there was an error trying to print, the program will now close). He bought the new version of Works but is getting the same behavior... any...
January 19th 08 01:45 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 4
Installing a Printer scanner by Ripper
I am having trouble installing a Photosmart All in One printer. It keeps coming up with a Fatal Error saying insufficient priviliges. Please help. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with Gateway and HP.
January 18th 08 09:38 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 161
Cannot get HP PSC 500 to work with Vista by jdavlaw[_2_]
HELP....HELP....HELP......i put a pci card into my brand new gateway, to accept the 25 pin parallel cable,,,still cannot get Hp psc 500 to work,,,,,anybody?,,, -- jdavlaw
January 18th 08 07:54 PM
by jdavlaw[_2_] Go to last post
0 165
"Standard TCP/IP port" gone missing by janbon
Hi, I have two Vista boxes experiencing the same problem. They were both configured to print using the "standard TCP/IP port" and it worked beautifully. Now, all of a sudden the printers on both machines appeared offline, and the "standard TCP/IP port" was missing and could not be added. It simply is not on the list anymore. I have checked the registry, and standard tcp/ip is still listed...
January 18th 08 05:43 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
8 566
January 18th 08 05:23 PM