Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
problem with shared prinetr under Vista by Antonio
hello, i share a printer on a vista computer. when i print from another computer, the spooler whas updated but the doccument is never printer and i need to stop the spoler service and delete all the printing jobs before the server computet can print his own doccuments. have anyone the same problem? thanks
January 18th 08 02:27 PM
by Antonio Go to last post
0 185
Printing from Myob V17 by kevensigns
When I go to print from MYOB V 17 the size of the text on the screen becomes quite large and the print windows multiply 3 or 4 times. It prints OK but when you are finished you have to shut down MYOB and restart to keep working. I have tried it with 2 different printers but same problem. Every other program I have printed from seems OK. Thanks
January 18th 08 12:56 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 244
spooler problem by Frank McGlynn
When i print using the spooler everything comes out about ten times the size it should The letters are about 1 inch high. When i print direct to the printer all is ok. Photos and print jobs will not print direct to printer so i cannot print them at all. When i use my other computer I can print normally under all conditions. Would appreciate some input. Thanks -- Frank McG
January 17th 08 11:42 PM
by Frank McGlynn Go to last post
0 197
Printing Problem by Mark Roberts
I have a desktop running Vista Home Premium with no parallel printer ports only USB. I also have a HP PSC 500 all in one printer with no USB ports. I have connected both using a USB to Parallel Bi-Directional Cable. Vista recognises the printer and installs the driver correctly and says it is ready to use, but when I try to print a test page or document the it comes up on the printer lcd...
January 17th 08 07:30 PM
by jdavlaw Go to last post
9 233
belkin Print Server & Windows vista by miguel leon
I print with 2 laptops with windows xp in a belkin print server F1P0001. I buy a Gateway laptop with windows vista. after install the software (belkin print server), i donĀ“t print any document with the Gateway. What is the problem? Thanks in advance for your reply. Miguel Leon
January 17th 08 04:30 AM
by miguel leon Go to last post
0 178
Missing home network printer when connecting to Terminal server. by TS printing
I have a home network. My windows vista setup to print to my Network printer. Printer connected directly to the router. I can print locally but when I connect via remote desktop connection to office terminal server, my home default printer is missing. Why?
January 17th 08 12:45 AM
by TS printing Go to last post
0 181
Printing by Whayman2005
I have just changed the black cartridge on a Lexmark X83m but print quality is still bad. I have printed alignemnt pages etc, but no black ink is showing - YES I have removed the seal!
January 16th 08 09:36 PM
by Whayman2005 Go to last post
0 220
office 2007 by George
Afer installing a dell printer now no MS office program will open. Dell had me redirect to a network printer which cannot be taken offline. I regret getting the Vista...
January 16th 08 08:52 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 193
Printing in Photo Gallery by Steve
Whenever I try to print from Photo Gallery the fax information comes up ( over the selected picture and will not allow me to print the selection. Please advise how to correct the problem. Steve
January 16th 08 06:39 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 164
Printer Driver Problems by [email protected]
I just got a new Compaq laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. I have 2 printers, a Dell 720 inkjet USB port based, and a PagePro 1350W Laser which is router based(http address). The drivers for each load, but no printing. I see by my searching this is a big problem, but I can't find the answer. I tried the "Net stop spooler" fix, but it gives me a System 5 error. Any other ideas, or do I dump...
January 16th 08 07:47 AM
by SG[_3_] Go to last post
1 170
HP Officejet J5780 installation impossible by Davide
Running Vista Home Premium x32, it has been impossible to download drivers of the printer/fax/scanner/copier HP Officejet J5780 both from original disk and from the site HP. Removed/Disabled any antivirus file. No driver seems to be trasferable to the machine and the process stops. Moreover, error 80070103 comes out as soon as I tried to get update HP files "Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware...
January 15th 08 10:43 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 319
Epson stylus DX7000F and Vista? by valleyofghosts
Recently updated to Vista. My printer had new cartridges installed when i was running XP but now after installing new printer driver and software from epson site for my model of printer the ink cartridges show empty. I have taken them out and put them back in again !! still showing empty! any clues / help appreciated...thanks
January 15th 08 10:43 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 179
labels on network printer by Gina
Vista has a network impact printer for labels and prints fine. However, a network computer running third party software and using the same printer on the network uses a page worth of labels. In xp one could create a custom page size and use this definition in a network printer, and there were no problems. Is there a solution for vista?
January 15th 08 07:36 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 213
Printing preferences by Dan
I am unable to open the print preferences box either from control panel/printers or direct from the 'print' dialogue box in vista - it flashes up briefly before disapperaring!. I see a number of others have listed similar probs on the web but as yet have found no solution?
January 15th 08 07:31 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 130
printer spooler problems by Melinda
I can not get the spooler to restart. I receive a erorr code 1068. Is there any one that can help me I have vista. If so my email is Please help me Thatnk you
January 15th 08 07:21 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 196
print driver successfully installed but still a problem with print by chiefjay
I own a Dell XPS 410 running 32 bit Vista Ultimate. I have a HP Laserjet 4L parallel printer that I am trying to connect to the XPS 410. Because the printer has a parallel cable, it was necessary for me to buy a USB/Parallel adapter to contact the PC to the printer. I attempted to use the "add a printer" facility and my system successfully found a driver for the printer. However, there is...
January 15th 08 07:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 4
word art by Dan
when inserting word art on word 2007 the artwork doesn't print - it appears invisible to the printer? All the other normal text on the page will print fine. Help!
January 15th 08 04:49 PM
by Dan Go to last post
0 145
Windows Fax by Sun City Vince
When I attempt to send fax using windows fax, I receive an error message stating that "Message could not be set. Media is write protected." How do I correct? Fax was working fine in November 2007. I am using Vista Ultimate.
January 15th 08 11:17 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 246
Windows Photo Gallery Printing Problem With Epson Stylus Photo RX6 by Speedy
I have just changed from Windows XP to Vista Premium. When printing from Windows Photo Gallery my Epson Stylus Photo RX620 comes up with the error message "Paper Jam" and wont print. It appears to be a conflict between Windows Photo Gallery and the Epson printer since the printer works fine using other applications and my older HP deskjet 940c printer prints OK from Photo Gallery. I've tried...
January 14th 08 10:41 PM
by Speedy Go to last post
0 197
only partial pages print, print job in "error" state by bheiser
Hi, I'm running Vista Ultimate (32bit) and am printing to an HP PSC 950. I've started seeing a symptom where part of the page prints, the paper ejects, and viewing the printer in the Windows "Printers" dialog shows the print job in an "error" state (with no explanation of any type as to what the error actually is). Sometimes if I use the Windows "restart job" function, the printout will...
January 14th 08 10:01 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The