Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
hp photosmart c3100 by PA Bear
X-post to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan Vista-specific newsgroups include: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
December 29th 07 08:24 PM
by TaurArian[_2_] Go to last post
5 402
installing hp 8180 (wireless) printer to vista by Mac
I have tried to install my hp wireless printer (8180) to my notebook and keep getting an error message, that stops me from completing the install. I've tried installing 4 times, and I'm close to giving up. Does anyone know if Vista has issues with printer installs?
December 29th 07 04:35 PM
by Mac Go to last post
0 248
HP ScanJetG3010 get stuck by Riccardo
I have the HP ScanJetG3010 scanner with the last hp driver (setup_full_G3010_4370.exe ) for vista 32bit. With this package installed, when I try to operate the scanner, it get stuck (program is running but nothing happen); reverting to the basic driver (setup_basic_G3010_4370.exe), the scanner works (with a very limited I/F and no OCR etc.). I have Vista enterprise 32 bit. Anybody got the...
December 29th 07 08:01 AM
by JP Go to last post
2 295
HP 7110 All In One by drbauer
Trying to get the printer to print. Usb connection to new laptop. Drivers are found and if I go to Cntrl Pnl/Printers it shows up as default printer. When trying to print, print status shows printer error. The unit will scan from the laptop. HP site says latest drivers are on the Vista disk. 3 hours with HP rep got me nowhere
December 29th 07 06:46 AM
by JP Go to last post
1 254
Network Scanning by Mike
Hello, Can anyone help with setting up network scanning. I have a HP Officejet G95 that is connected to my network. I have setup network printing with no problems and all is fine there. HP do not supply software for this device on Vista, so does any one know if it is possible to setup networked scanning on Vista
December 28th 07 07:40 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 227
Manual duplex print does not work with Konica-Minolta PagePro 1350 by Miro
Manual duplex with this printer works in Windows XP. After printing of the first half, dialog message is displayed and when it is confirmed (after manually rotating and re-inserting the sheets), the other pages are printed out. I've upgraded to Vista now, but if I print something using this duplex printing, everything is printed without the dialog message at once. Does anybody happen to...
December 28th 07 06:41 PM
by Miro Go to last post
0 241
User1 can print from Vista laptop but not User2 by Gordon
Two user accounts set up identically on Vista laptop. One prints to printer hooked to an XP computer and one doesn't. Tried to add printer on user account that has trouble and permission denied. Tied on this account set up as both an administrator and standard user. Other error messages received: When trying to find printer from Word printer dialog: "Active directory domain services is...
December 28th 07 06:33 PM
by Gordon Go to last post
0 301
DOT4 USB printer port doesnt go away by MRS4MIS
I am getting the generic print spooler failure errors like so many others. I've removed all printer drivers, ports and printers from the system to see if that helps. So far, everything looks clean except a DOT4-001 printer port that is supposed to be PnP port set up when the printer is attached (HPLJ 3200 MFP), but the printer isn't attached and the port is still there in the ports list. Of...
December 28th 07 05:40 PM
by MRS4MIS Go to last post
0 253
Vista laptop, XP desktop, What printer? by Jerry Van Ness
I have read some posts regarding problems sharing printers between Vista and XP, and I want a new printer that will be wired to my desktop (XP) and wireless to my laptop (Vista Home Prem.). I would also like the print/scan/copy option on the printer. After reading the posts on this forum, I'm afraid to make a purchase without more knowledge on the subject. My volumes and quality concerns are...
December 28th 07 05:14 PM
by Jerry Van Ness Go to last post
0 240
Vista with Paperport Scan Software and Xerox M20i by deniseg
I can't get the Paperport Version 11 to work with my Xerox M20i scanner. I downloaded all the drivers etc. but it won't work. It does not work with Windows Fax and Scan either. It does work with the Omnipage Scan Software. I have Vista Busniess on my computer now. Denise -- deniseg
December 28th 07 05:05 PM
by rajinisback[_42_] Go to last post
1 328
Printer Sharing by Kathy
I have a laptop running Vista and PC running XP. Wireless connection via router. I want to share the printer currently attached to the PC. I have enabled all printer sharing devices, enabled sharing in all firewalls. The printer is shown on the laptop as "ready", but whenever I try to print everything goes into queue. And the only way I can get it out of queue is be stopping the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 07 11:58 PM
by mathews2010[_19_] Go to last post
16 671
ERROR!!! "Spooler Subsystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed" by christis73
"christis73" - I have a Windows Vista Home Premium Computer and I use my computer for printing pictures ALL DAY, EVERYDAY! (I'm a mom of 3 little angels) Well now I'm getting "SPOOLER SUBSYSTEM APP STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED" -WHAT??- It also says "microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library" AND "Program C:/windows/system32/spoolsv.exe" Can anyone out there help me fix this or have any...
December 27th 07 10:28 PM
by Charles Blackburn Go to last post
2 302
HP Scanjet 7400 Scanner by Paul
Can not get my HP 7400 scanner to work after upgrading to Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Not the hardware - works fine under XP pro using same hardware configuration Did a clean install, installed motherboard BIOS updates, scanner BIOS updates, Vista updates and the correct driver from HP. The scanner installed and Device Manager says device is working properly. When I try to scan, scanner...
December 27th 07 09:57 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
7 376
Erratic Cursor by lordsandjpinvestors
I have never had this problem with Windows XP. I have had this same problem with several vendors computers, so I don't think it is hardware. It only happens with Vista. When typing text, the cursor will erratically jump to the beginning of the line, a different place in the same line or a spot in some previous line of text. If I am not watching what I am typing, my text is messed up. It...
December 27th 07 03:29 AM
by SF Bay'er[_2_] Go to last post
6 297
Print to PDF options? by Scott Townsend
We've used Adobe Standard in the Past to install the "Adobe PDF" printer and then have users print to it to create PDFs. We moved to Vista and that software no longer works. We do not need the full version of Acrobat, just the Print To PDF part. We have the Office SaveAsPDF, but it does not always work and we have other Apps that need the Ability. I have 30 laptops and maybe 15 Desktops I...
December 27th 07 01:54 AM
by Morgan che Go to last post
5 355
HP Officejet 7310 Vista x86 ultimate delayed printing until reboo by bruce j
Can any one help with this issue? -- NY State Office of the Medicaid Inspector General
December 27th 07 01:53 AM
by CarlC5 Go to last post
1 243
Vista support for Epson Sylus Photo 960 - promosed but not delivered by Cari \(MS-MVP\)
What exactly do you mean by fully featured? There is a driver included in Vista... and an Easy Print application which supports Vista on Epson's website. -- Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging http://www.coribright.com/windows "Abe" wrote in message ...
December 27th 07 01:23 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 259
free fax service, Fax online, Fax, Email fax by george
Internet free fax service around the world List of public free fax service online. Search for free fax service. Provides detail of each free fax service site. http://www.geocities.com/freefreefax/
December 26th 07 02:47 PM
by george Go to last post
0 271
Scanner Drivers not loading in Vista Home Premium by Steve Wade
I have a Lexmark 4300 Allinone and a Canon N1240U scanner. I have downloaded the Vista drivers for both devices but when Vista tries to install the drivers I get the following message: Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Driver Name The system cannot find the file specified.
December 24th 07 07:53 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
8 335
scanning a document. I want to be able to create multiple pages. by gazinta06
-- Thank you for helping !!
December 24th 07 05:29 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post

From The