Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sharing my printers by cravingmad
Hi, just wondered if someone could tell me in not too technical terms if i can printer from my laptop running vista, with the printer (HP 2355 all in one) that's connected to my desktop pc running XP. I have a wireless router connected to the desktop pc. Thanks, Helen
January 31st 08 10:53 PM
by Kevin Go to last post
3 189
my Lexmark X73 printer is not set up for vista help by laurie
I tryed to hook up my all in one printer to my pc , installed driver but it is not set up for vista . what can I do?
January 31st 08 11:00 PM
by Kevin Go to last post
1 296
Invest smart by Mr. Buck
How much profit can you make with one dollar? Check out this website www.forbuck.com Without any obligation, registering or other ties make cash!
February 1st 08 04:15 AM
by Mr. Buck Go to last post
0 253
Windows Server 2003 Fax Routing and Vista print problem by Michael Schwarz[_2_]
Hi, when I receive a fax from Windows Server 2003 fax routing it appears as a TIFF attachment. When opening the image it will be displayed on my Vista machine correct. But when I try to print it the image has a wrong orientation and is stretched. I tried nearly everything but I don't get it printed out correct. When printing the same on a Windows XP machine everythings looks correct....
February 1st 08 10:45 AM
by Michael Schwarz[_2_] Go to last post
2 178
conflict with HP Printer and Vista by Grammy
I have HP 6310 all in one printer (it's about 1 1/2 yrs old). Just bought new computer that has VISTA. Printing works great from everything except Publisher, which is what I use mostly as I print alot with graphics and specialized fonts. When sending a print from Publisher I get this message... Publisher cannot print this publication. To print composite CMYK or separations, you must use...
February 1st 08 07:04 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 232
USB Printer Ports still there after removing printers by Archie922
Running Vista Ultimate;I have removed several printers using the remove printer function through Control Panel; Although the printers no longer appear as being available, the ports assigned to them still appear. Now if I connect to one of those deleted printers, it is not automatically recognized. In the printer properties, the ports in questions are DOT4_001, DOT4_002, etc. When I try to...
February 2nd 08 12:03 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 152
A print job by Printer Problems
I can't get rid of a document in my printer queue. It's been stating that it's deleting since this morning. I can't print anything else until that gone and I can't get rid of it.
February 2nd 08 01:56 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 248
hp laserjet 3500 not working with vista by JZ
I'm unable to get my hp laserjet 3500 to print with vista, even after downloading the new driver. I also found that my hp scanjet 8200 does not work. Both work well with XP. Would appreciate some helpful hints. Thank you, JZ
February 2nd 08 10:21 AM
by Huib Go to last post
2 206
epson cx5500 printer by jl
Unable to load driver and get started. Vista Ultimate overides the installation and then states driver error. Downloaded latest driver from Epson with the same result. -- stickybeak
February 2nd 08 09:43 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 217
Printing Backwards by jim244a
My network printer prints backwards type from my Vista Operating system. It works fine from XP. Does anyone know a fix for this. My printer is an HP 5740. Thanks
February 2nd 08 09:44 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 179
Invest smart by Mr. Buck
How much profit can you make with one dollar? Check out this website www.forbuck.com Without any obligation, registering or other ties make cash!
February 2nd 08 10:38 PM
by Mr. Buck Go to last post
0 216
HP PSC750 Cant delete driver!!! by Throwin my Computer
I have been going through printer torture and I beg someone to help me. I have an HP 750PSC network printer. Up until some unknown event, I was able to print and scan through my wireless network and life was jake. NOW I cannot print, and when I try to delete and reinstall the driver it wont let me. I have tried stopping and restarting the spool, I have confirmed that no print jobs are on the...
February 3rd 08 04:51 AM
by Chris Cowles Go to last post
4 409
No Wireless connection in "Scanners and Cameras" by Zeus[_2_]
I have a Lexmark X6570 All in One. I use the wireless capability, however when I go to Scanners and Cameras it is not being recognized as Microsoft has set this up to use only physical attachments to their LPT and Com Ports. Does anyone know of a work around for this and since I am still using WinXP did Microsoft correct this in Vista?? Since my Scanner/Printer is in another room I am...
February 3rd 08 05:14 AM
by Chris Cowles Go to last post
3 335
Scan & Fax by Visintini
Yesterday my scan & fax was working fine, now I get an error message when scanning; to the effect that "an error occured while setting scanner properties" and "if another program is scanning please wait for it to complete and try again" but there isn't another program using the scanner! Also the preview works but then I get the error message after the preview and to click scan gets the...
February 3rd 08 09:48 AM
by Visintini Go to last post
2 263
Printing from Interent by Happygolf
I have recently installed Vista. Printing pages from the Internet does not work. Printing elsewhere works. The error message is Make sure the path or Internet address is correct. Can anyone help as what I am supposed to do next. Thanks
February 3rd 08 10:16 AM
by Happygolf Go to last post
5 254
Losing wireless connection by bgaca
At home, with a single computer (Sony VAIO), using Vista, I can connect my wireless HP 7280 printer by connecting to a network, then finding the network via the menu options on the printer. It then prints fine. However, I lose the connection when I shut down the computer. When I start it up again, the printer shows offline. I then have to go through the whole connection process...
February 3rd 08 04:51 PM
by bgaca Go to last post
3 250
Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic by JohnH[_2_]
First install caused stopped spooler. Got spooler running ok with sc-config command. Then reinstall with driver cjrx1100en from Lexmark. Now printer prints ok, but can't scan. All in one page won't come up-error message lxbkaiox.exe stopped. Same printer is installed on another machine running Vista Home Premium, works fine . JohnH
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 08 07:24 PM
by salomon Go to last post
13 1,304
Unable to print from Excel by J
I am using Vista Home Premium, Office Pro 2007, and HP Deskjet F4140. Any ideas what I can try? I am unable to print from Excel, no errors or anything like that. I am able to print from any or Office application or other program. I have a home network and the second computer is able to print from that computer to my F4140 from Excel.
February 3rd 08 10:29 PM
by J Go to last post
0 264
Need driver for Sharp AL-1540CS by unclemikefusny
:confused:Just got a new computer with Vista home premium SP1 installed. I tried downloading the "vista driver" from the Sharpusa web site and running the setup program, but it doesn't work when I connect the printer/scanner/copier and I keep getting the message "insert disc". Why doesn't it recognize the drivers and what can I do to solve? I would settle for only using the printer for now if...
February 4th 08 06:55 PM
by unclemikefusny Go to last post
0 255
printing to HP laserjet 1012 on home network by Cpt Falcon
,,I have a new laptop with Windows Vista Business. I connect wirelessly to my desktop which has Windows XP Media addition. the desktop is connected to two printers via usb. I can print to an HP photo printer through the network but not the HP laserjet 1012. HP doesn't list this printer as being Vista supported Yet..(if ever) however if I connect the lap top directly to the printer via...
February 4th 08 07:50 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post

From The