Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Not able to name share printer by J
I am using Vista Ultimate. When I try to share a printer I get a message that the share name already exsist. Where can I go to remove this? I removed the file and printer sharing then deselected this printer from sharing. I then turned on file and print sharing when I tried to enable sharing with this printer that is when I started getting the message.
February 4th 08 07:04 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 220
Print Management - Migrate printer on a cluster resource by Pete G
Hello, When I use the Print Management snap-in and try to run the "Migrate printer..." tool, I choose to export a list of printers, then enter the name of the virtual server (it's a resource on a 2000 cluster) where all the printers and spools are installed. I get the message "Windows could not connect to the registry on \\virtualservername. Please enable the remote registry service on...
February 4th 08 08:27 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 225
Free fax for Vista home premium? by Nick D.
Does anyone know of a freeware fax program that will work in Vista Home Prem.? I know there are shareware programs available, but I send only 1 or 2 faxes a year and don't really want to spend 30 or 40 bucks on that.
February 4th 08 08:42 PM
by Nick D. Go to last post
0 214
How to remove local printer ports? by vector1
I created a local port by accident, and it's clashing with another port that Vista installed. I need to remove it, but I seem to be locked out of removing it...any ideas on how to remove it?
February 4th 08 10:52 PM
by lancelot Go to last post
2 202
WI FI printer does not communicate after recent updates by kevens9
I put off installing Microsoft updaties for my vista as I always lose my printer when I do. I have a WI FI Lexmark 6570 that was printing like a charm until yesterday when I allowed updates to be installed. Now I have had to uninstall and reinstall 3 times. Finally it recognizes the printer but the speed is near snail. A monk would write faster than the printer. Suggestions on regaining the...
February 5th 08 01:09 AM
by kevens9 Go to last post
0 242
HP Business Inkjet 1000 driver malfunction by Viv
My HP Business Inkjet 1000 with autoduplex unit used to work correctly until very recently. I have tried removing it and reinstalling but still get the same problem. When I print two pages using the automatic duplex unit the second page prints the wrong way up, regardless of whether I check the 'Flip Pages Up' box on the Finishing tab or leave it unchecked. Checking or unchecking the...
February 6th 08 02:19 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
8 316
Vista Laptop can not see XP desktop by ractel
I want to print to my XP desktop which shares an HP printer but my Laptop Vista doesn't see the desktop. I already ran the network wizard in both of them and they are in the same workgroup, also I turned firewall off on both just in case. Any idea what else shoul I do Thanks ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 08 04:19 AM
by Makeshift[_3_] Go to last post
11 319
Fax for Home Premium? by No Name
Does anyone know of a free fax program for Vista Home Premium? Thanks
February 6th 08 01:53 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 234
Print Spooler Error Durring Download by Danni
I have been trying to install my printer on my computer and I get an error message when I try to download my driver for my HP Photosmart C4180 and the installation is stopped and this pops up : The service has stopped and needs to be running for installation to continue. Click fix to have the installer start service. Service: Spooler Manufacturer: Microsoft
February 6th 08 05:39 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 238
Fails to install Laser Print Drivers on Vista Business 64-bit by cadillac48239
I need help with my print drivers for my color laser printer, the Samsung CLX-3160FN. I have had many different errors. First was the Spooler error, I fixed that problem. Second "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on you computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers". Third "Windows can't install the Samsung CLX-3160 Series kernel-mode print driver. To obtain a driver that is...
February 7th 08 02:33 AM
by cadillac48239[_2_] Go to last post
2 221
Canon MX700 Stopped Working (running Vista) by Joep42
My Canon MX700 all-in-one worked perfectly connected via USB to my Vista Gateway laptop. In mid December I downloaded and installed the 1st public beta of Vista SP1, and after several hours and several BSODs, I uninstalled SP1 beta and all was well again. Sometime afterward, when I went to use the scan function, I got the message "Cannot communicate with scanner.....scanner is off.....not...
February 7th 08 09:34 AM
by Lichtaffen Go to last post
1 245
Spooler SubSystem App Error by Kirti Dave
Hey can anyone help me? I have a desktop with Vista Ultimate and have recently been getting an error which says: Spooler SubSystem App Error - Spooler had to stop or close Also, when I go to the Printers panel in the control panel area, my printers are not listed and if i click Add Printer, it says you have to start Local Printer Spooler as it has stopped or restart your computer.
February 7th 08 01:51 PM
by Eddie Go to last post
2 468
Dell A940 all in one? by cwatson71
Hi all, i've been trying in vain to get a older Dell A940 all-in-one printer to work with my new home built Vista 64 system. I had no problem getting the printing to work. But i can't get the scanner to work. I was curious if anyone here used this printer/scanner and how to get scanning again. Pushing the scan button on the actual A940 does nothing. This trusty printer worked perfectly on XP and...
February 7th 08 02:47 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 287
Vista and printer HP5740 by Barbara JW
I have a wireless network in my home. I have a HP5740 printer connected to a Windows XP PC, I also have a Visa Laptop. I have problems printing from the Vista laptop..... sometimes I will not get a printout...........but if I send the same document to an older HP printer I get a printout everytime. help!
February 7th 08 02:50 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 241
I need to Install Windows Fax and Scanning by jtllal
I have Vista Home Premium - I can not use the scanner on my HP 6210 all in one - HP says I need to scan from Windows Fax and Scanning but I can not find that program - Was it an option when installing Vista - If it was how do I now install it. Please help!! Thanks jtllal
February 7th 08 04:30 PM
by Phil Swinney Go to last post
9 306
Printing multiple files in a folder by meleachristine
How can you select all files (mixed - Word/PDF) in a folder and right click to print all? I know you could do it in XP, I made use of this A LOT when I was using XP, but it appears that Vista does not have this capability. Unless there's some work-around or it's buried in a setting somewhere. Please help!! It's a huge time-saver for me not to have to right-click on each individual file to...
February 7th 08 04:41 PM
by meleachristine Go to last post
0 220
Network Wireless Printer - offline status on reboot by Mike P
I have a network wireless printer installed on Vista. Once the printer is installed as a Network Wireless Printer it works fine. However, when I reboot the machine, the status of the Network Wireless is – Offline. It works fine on my XP machines. And works fine when first installed on Vista, or if I reinstall it. However, when I reboot, Vista cannot find the wireless print server;...
February 7th 08 07:29 PM
by Mike P Go to last post
2 1,510
Reinstalling Printer No Longer Recognized as "New Hardware Found" by Paul DeVivo
Have a Dell computer running Vista Home Premium. Printer, keyboard, and mouse ports all are USB. Have an HP All-in-1 that worked fine. It got installed twice, once on each of two different USB ports. Due to long series of actions, both printers got deleted. Now, when the printer is connected to either of these two ports, nothing happens, ie. it is not recognized as "New Hardware Found"...
February 7th 08 11:16 PM
by Paul DeVivo Go to last post
3 303
Spooler, vista and acrobat reader by Boba & Ilinka
If I try to print from acrobat reader (8.1), (vista home premium) to HP LJ1020, the printer is stuck. I have to remove it from registry and reinstall it. It work fin until I try to print from adobe reader. Are any work around. Boba Vankufer
February 8th 08 02:26 AM
by Boba & Ilinka Go to last post
4 307
Cannot print photos to HP all-in-one by Sangoma
Hi, Whenever I print a photo (borderless) to my HP2610, either the photo does not print completely, or the print job just disappears. I have the latest drivers, and my XP systems work perfectly. Any ideas of what could be wrong? -- Sangoma
February 8th 08 03:36 AM
by Sangoma Go to last post

From The