Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
network printing by Jerry
I have a print server and I can not print from Vista or server 2003, I can ping the ip address of the printer, I can web access the printer but when I send a job to the printer it errors out. Can anyone assist me with this issue?
February 8th 08 03:04 PM
by Jerry Go to last post
2 224
Kodak 5300 problems with Windows Vista by Warner622
I installed a Kodak 5300 on my laptop that has Windows Vista. When I plug the USB cable into my laptop my wireless capability is disabled. Any idea how I can fix this? The only way to get the capability back is to unplug the printer and restart my computer. If the printer is left plugged in the computer won't shut down and won't restart. Any suggestions?
February 8th 08 08:28 PM
by Sometester Go to last post
1 181
Print Spooler Error by ryaneco
Hi, I have a vista laptop running in a Server 2003 Environment, and when trying to print a .tiff document through picture viewer its coming up with a "spooler sub system app has stopped working" when selecting help for more information about the error it displays that we need too add the program in the DEP to be excused from DEP. I was also getting an error message in relation to the "Com...
February 8th 08 08:35 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 217
error code by rosalie
Help im trying to print papers from a craft disc, when it opens up the picture, which is in Windows Photo Gallery, when I go to print it says "windows cannot find this picture, you may have specified wrong location", any help appreciated, thanks
February 8th 08 08:36 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 267
Our new website by Ewho
This website is for artist, freelancers, programmers, writers, translators. All who is looking for work. If you are a skilled professional use page "Add profile" to create your profile. Also this website is for those who is looking for skilled professional. If you are looking for a professional use page "Projects" to post a project. www.ewho.us
February 8th 08 10:39 PM
by Ewho Go to last post
0 199
Spooler SubSystem Error by Eddie
I need some help with this error. Over the last couple of days I get this message twice each day when I start my machine. I am not able to print with my local printer or through my LAN. I have manually restarted the print spooler service, but no joy when I try to print. I have made no changes to my machine in recent days. The only thing I am aware of is an update to Adobe Reader that...
February 9th 08 01:20 AM
by Eddie Go to last post
2 403
Vista & HP PSC - How to scan multiple pages from flatbed? by KW
I recently upgraded to a new Vista machine, and my HP PSC 2210 flatbed seemed to work fine for scanning using the Windows Fax and Scan UNTIL I tried to scan a multiple page document. My old XP used HP Director which had an option to submit another page until you had completed the entire document. Now under Windows F&S there appears to be no option for that. I contacted HP who said their...
February 9th 08 01:59 AM
by KW Go to last post
0 251
Slow Access to Shared Printers by goblue
I recently Purchased two new Dell XPS 420 PCs with Vista home premium. They are hard wired networked through a Linksys Router/Wireless access point. I have three printers connected to one PC and have shared them through that PC. When I first setup the second PC, I was able to install the shared printers just fine. They also worked normally (reasonably fast access). After installing a few...
February 9th 08 04:59 PM
by CharlieA Go to last post
2 237
Scanning pages with sheet feeder by Tony Linguini
I have a HP 5590 scanner, and vista scan will not pick up multiple pages through the sheet feeder. The HP software will. I cannot seem to find a setting or is this a known problem? Thank you.
February 9th 08 05:04 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 220
Change Text Size? by CWLee
Vista Ultimate 64-bit, HP-932c printer. When I print emails the text/font size is much larger than I want. How/where do I change the printed size? I know how to change the size of the printing on the email screens, and that size is fine - but how can I change the size of the printing on the email messages that I want to print? Many thanks. --
February 9th 08 07:45 PM
by CWLee Go to last post
2 271
Can't find printer on network by 5hulses
Presently, Vista is the only system that can't find my printer on the network. All my other OS is Windows XP. Have a Linksys router with a Canon printer. Why can it not find my printer on the newtwork?? HELP PLEASE TIA
February 11th 08 02:33 AM
by Bob F.[_3_] Go to last post
4 372
Common Installer2 Application has stopped working by Irene
I'm getting this message when I try to print a Samsung Network printer. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, download the latest Windows updates...nothing works. I have an identical computer that prints to the network printer no problem. What could this be?
February 11th 08 04:24 AM
by Irene Go to last post
0 253
Windows Vista Ultimate by CPA&CFOServices
I have a home office network with some printers - one on the network itself; others on the other computers (XP) - I am not able to print from VISTA computer? The Vista computer used to recognize the printers; it just stopped recognizing any network Printers. It recognizes all shared files on the netwrok computers - it is only a printer problem?
February 11th 08 05:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 257
New Lenovo X61 cannot connect to HPOffice 5610 by Tammy
I just got a new IBM/Lenovo X61 Tablet that I love but get an "access denied" when trying to connect to my wireless HP Office 5610 printer....anyone have any suggestions? -- Thank you, Tammy
February 11th 08 06:00 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 237
Sending Faxes to receipients with Faxphones by Spiller
Could some one please tell me how to configure WFS to send faxes to people with fax phones, what i mean by this is some of my colleagues have non-dedicated fax lines, ie they use it for both phone and fax, so there fax machines send out a message to please hold the line whilst they're fax machine is waiting to hear fax tones. WFS picks this up as line engaged, is there any way around it?
February 11th 08 08:32 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 238
Why can't I get HP Image Zone to work with Vista? by mei
I have a new laptop with Vista and I want to use the same HP Image Zone that I had on my old computer. My printer is an HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One and the scanning feature is very important to me. I have the program software that came with the printer, but my computer will not allow it to be installed. I need some sort of "key" passwords. If I can't use my ImageZone, what scanning...
February 12th 08 12:45 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 296
online printing by KAREN
today, i installed an hp printer on windows vista premium. Printing is ok, but IT WILL NOT PRINT FROM INTERNET. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
February 12th 08 05:30 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 232
Sub spooler by KellyJ
I am trying to print coupns online, I have downloadd the site's printing software, and everytime I try I try to print the site tells me there is a problem with my default printer. Then Windows tells that the "sub spooler" is not available and send me to the upgade site. I've tried to download the upgrades but then it says they do not apply to my system. I have newer computer running on...
February 12th 08 05:31 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 256
Can't print works or open office documents+ by Gene
I can't print documents written with works word processor or with open office; however, I can print email, internet pages and everything else. I bought a new prinster thinking my old one was the problem. It wasn't; the new one won't print document either. What int world is wrong? I have never heard of this problem, much less encountered it personally.
February 12th 08 05:33 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 311
Thunking Spooler APIS 30 to 64 by Miklaing
Hi all, Looking for some sort of solution to this problem. First, I'm running Vista 64 ultimate. Windows generates the error whenever I try to start the CD label printing program for my Canon MP830. The whole message is "Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 Process has stopped working." Windows then does the solution check to no avail. I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall printer drivers...
February 12th 08 03:53 PM
by Sammy S Go to last post

From The