Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
need to have a web based time sheet appear at logon and logoff by Skamionek
We are going to a web based time sheet accounting package. Our users need to enter their logon time as soon as they login. They then need to enter their time when they are shutting down their PCs. Is there a way to do this? I have made an entry in the registery HKeyLU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run to call a .bat file that does ""c:\program files\internet...
March 13th 08 02:24 PM
by Skamionek Go to last post
0 252
RSAT for Windows Vista - Seriously now... by Sean Watson
Hi I originally ran Vista Business when it was first released to SA customrs more than a year ago. I battled it out with application compatibility issues and NO remote admin tools for servers. I gave up after a month. I took the plunge again about 5 months ago when I heard about RSAT for Windows Vista. The Betra was only open to Technet plus customers, but as we were concluding our...
March 13th 08 09:32 AM
by Sean Watson Go to last post
3 291
System Restore by bruce59
After some update on 3/11 (not Windows - auto turned off) I cannot use System Restore to go back to a workable system. I'm using Windows Ultimate. Several System Restore point tries do not work and I get an error message. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also have corrupted my video picture after Window updates today. My computer is dying. Please offer suggestions. Thanks for your help. --
March 13th 08 04:01 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 278
canno write file by jackeen
I have been using foldershare for a few days and all seemed ok until now i am getting error messages; basically - "foldershare was unable to write....file already exists.....move files that have a .p2p extension out of this library". this message will not go away unless i click on "exit" ant then the program then will close. how do i fiix this?
March 12th 08 11:55 PM
by jackeen Go to last post
0 242
User Account Run Setup Catch 22 by Max Plank
Greetings, Does anyone know a workaround for the following catch 22: * From a Standard User Account under Vista, a user runs a setup program to install an application. * The setup program requires Administrator Privileges in order to run and displays the admin password dialog. The admin types in the password and the setup program proceeds with installation.
March 12th 08 05:13 PM
by dialntone Go to last post
3 229
Setting Security for a Folder on Setup by Eric R. Renken
In Windows Vista they have locked down the security of the %alluserprofile% directory C:\ProgramData, the problem is we use this directory in our program for logging as that is a place at least in XP where all BUILTIN\Users accounts can write to. Well in Vista that isn't the case anymore. You can read and view other peoples data, but you can't write to it. The problem comes into play when...
March 12th 08 03:52 PM
by Eric R. Renken Go to last post
0 308
You are not authorized to perform the current operation by ChrisW[_2_]
I purchased a new machine that came with Vista Home and IE7. I installed Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft FrontPage 2003 and Expression Web. For all three applications, whenever I attempt to connect to a remote Web site, I get the standard "Connect to..." dialog box. When I type in an authorized username and password, the system continues to prompt me for the username and password. If I cancel...
March 12th 08 03:37 PM
by ChrisW[_2_] Go to last post
0 238
HELP HELP HELP multiple fake security alerts by Kabouter
ive got at least three different alerts coming up in the bottom right of my screen on the toolbar warning me of security alerts and trojan alerts one says about some networm thing and the other has a load of stuff idont understand is there something i can down load to get rid of them. any advice would be greatly appreciated
March 12th 08 03:28 PM
by bb Go to last post
7 297
Malware protection wont turn on??? by CLOSE_6
Everytime I go to Windows security its telling me that my Malware protection is'nt turned on, I go through the motions of turning it back on (both virus and spyware protection) and it still says its turned off? my spyware and other malware protection is AVG and Defender, does anybody know why this is or how I can turn it back on? Please, please, please help.
March 12th 08 03:22 PM
by bb Go to last post
2 296
after windows firewall putting off on windows vista unable to access network and unable to on windows firewall by Gurbatullah Khan
Dear All, I am having Windows 2003 Server Prent and chield domain structure , we installed windows vista machines and joiend to domain, after joining to doamin if we put off the windows firewall and reboot the machine. we are not able to access the network. network icon is showing red cross mark .if we tried to put on firewall its not comming on showing firewall service is not on. if i try to...
March 12th 08 02:59 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
3 332
Disable UAC as oppoed to similar Group Policy? by Gerry Hickman
Hi, With UAC there's a local option to disable it in CP, but if you look at local GP, there are different components that make up UAC and you can control them on a granular basis. My question is this: 1. If I disable UAC on the local machine, will it automatically set all local group policies to the disabled state?
March 12th 08 02:21 PM
by dannyCage Go to last post
3 273
IE7 home page icon? by G.Freeman
These days I keep getting my home page's icon changed. I have google as my home page but sometimes the icon gets changed. It's always a page that I've visited, ex eBay and Yahoo!. Clearing Internet Explorer's cookies, etc with CCleaner does the trick and restores my google icon. But sometimes after it gets changed again, especially if I manually clear the browsing history. I assume it's come...
March 12th 08 10:23 AM
by jamesvdm Go to last post
1 245
mic detected win NT/Beagle.gen virus on my comp by karl
I am told as a solution to go to the onine onecare scanner. I tried this once and it never finished. Now every time i retry it just won't work anymore. I have the evaulation trial version of onecare on my computer and i can't even open it. it says contact support or restart computer. Support won't help and restarting won't help. How can i remove this virus? I can't install a virus...
March 12th 08 03:00 AM
by TheShadow Go to last post
1 240
Update installed that is for Office XP by Peter
How come this update http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9CF8AAFA-71A5-4017-B53C-4E80EF6E1188&displaylang=en (KB947866) for "Office XP" which is for: "System Requirements Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2" (note no mention of Vista) ...installed...
March 12th 08 12:18 AM
by Peter Go to last post
2 281
Windows Security Notification by rmkayak
I disabled Defender and I keep getting notifications that I need to check my security. How do I stop this? Thanks in advance!
March 11th 08 01:54 PM
by Victek Go to last post
1 240
Compatibility issues between Vista and Citibank virtual credit cards by Gretchen
Can anyone help me fix the compabitlity issues between Vista and Citibank virtual credit card numbers ? Thanks
March 11th 08 12:13 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
1 214
Safety != Security. Seriously. by [email protected]
I've been using Vista for eighteen months now, (since just after RTM, actually), and while I was initially enthused with the new security features promised in Vista, I've gotten pretty much disillusioned with them. Because I think Microsoft somehow failed to understand something terribly fundamental to userdom - the fact that Safety does NOT equal Security, in the world of computer users... In...
March 11th 08 12:11 AM
by Mark[_5_] Go to last post
5 234
Windows Security by summer
I am using Vista and have done since October. Today I went to look at my e-mails and a windows security box has come up asking me for 'username' and 'password'. as far as I know I don't have a password for explorer. I can't find out how to get rid of this pop up and can't access my incoming mail. Can someone please help me. I have tried going to 'User Account' but this has not worked. ...
March 10th 08 10:05 PM
by summer Go to last post
2 241
computer problems. by karl
I am having problems with my computer. Installing new virus software like onecare doesn't help. The problem may actually be related to onecare not even being able to open. It says restart comp or contact support if problem persists. My disk defragmenter hasn't been working like it did when i first go my computer around a year ago. it says it is degragmenting but just keeps syaing that...
March 10th 08 08:39 PM
by Kurt[_2_] Go to last post
2 279
Legacy Program by Baruch Ortiz
Hello Fellas: Here we're using some legacy software that we never were able to work with low level priviledges, and the instalation with Windows Vista is some "dirty" but works, any way, exist in Windows Vista any way to make it work with user low level priviledges? Exist three legacy softwa One that works perfectly with Windows XP an below with limited user but with
March 10th 08 07:01 PM
by Baruch Ortiz Go to last post

From The