Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
ctfmon.exe by butterflyLA
is this suppose to be in start up because i believe this is my main culprit. when i had zone alarm i belive i narrowed it down to this then zone alarm disappeared. when i used spybot it told me that there were trojans or worms. but i have had almost every type at antivirus at one time or another if i could download.
March 6th 08 02:28 PM
by Mark[_5_] Go to last post
6 311
Blocking new account creations by Ruz
Hi i am using Vista Ultimate x64 and i am just posting to see if it is possible to block new account being made on vista. As i have a few friends who are able to get past my password and create new account just to annoy me. If there is any way to block new accounts being made in vista it would be very helpful. --
March 6th 08 09:16 AM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
1 255
YServer.txt by John A Grandy[_2_]
I found this file in my c:\ root folder. Looks suspicious. What should I do ?
March 6th 08 02:53 AM
by SG[_3_] Go to last post
1 277
Error During Install of Programs by Rogene
I have a Vista Business edition installed and it's been added to a Windows SBS 2003 domain. The primary user has UAC turned off. The primary user has been added to the local administrator for his domain account. The primary user is unable to install any programs. Once we login with our domain administrator user or local administrator user, then we are able to install programs. In...
March 6th 08 12:37 AM
by Rogene Go to last post
0 248
Trouble connecting to certain sites with IE7 by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Crossposted to various Security-related newsgroups for greater exposure about this issue with McAfee Security Center 2007/2008. YW & thanks very much for your feedback! -- ~PA Bear mwclpeterson wrote: PA Bear and all those following this thread: Problem has been solved!
March 5th 08 08:04 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
0 325
Pre-Authentication Failure with Vista by Yoann Roman
I've just added a Vista Ultimate system to a W2K network. The machine is logging the following whenever it's started, logged in, or unlocked: Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Account Logon Event ID: 675 Date: 3/5/08 Time: 9:40:43 AM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
March 5th 08 05:50 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 371
Disable F8 during startup - Disable Advanced startup options scree by Chris VDP
I want to disable the user ability to press F8 during startup and so the Advanced startup options screen. In Windows XP I did this via a new NTLDR but what is the way to go on Windows Vista? Many thanks, Chris
March 5th 08 05:45 PM
by itguy78 Go to last post
1 285
LinkedIn groups for SBS users and security enthusiasts by Brad Dinerman [MVP - Enterprise Security]
To all, For those of you that are LinkedIn users and fans of SBS, I have created a networking group on the LinkedIn system for you. You can join it at http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/64458/7D7008666D31. ALSO: Please feel free to join my security group on LinkedIn. It is for the
0 271
privacy & security problems with vista by MC1
I have recently bought a new lap top and installed vista. I am on a broadband wireless connection along with my partner. I have ensured I am the Administrator and have a password to open my computer. There are no other users on the computer at this time. My problem is that my partner can somehow access my computer and see what I am doing on his computer - I saw him looking at a document I...
March 5th 08 08:53 AM
by Basheer Go to last post
2 253
Norton 360 on vista by lauren08
I have recently bought a Philips 15NB5700 laptop with windows vista home premium, i installed norton 360 which i thought seemed to all have installed properly.However, i have found that if i try and open norton 360 security panel or do a scan then i am faced with a security code alert reading 'DLL Loading problem,or debugger detected,or integrity violated',the same also happens if i attempt...
March 5th 08 06:26 AM
by wheelman Go to last post
Vista is too difficult to operate for me. Is it possible to buy XP off the shelf and load over the top of VISTA? If so, what are the ramifications?
March 5th 08 06:19 AM
by wheelman Go to last post
3 222
When will Vista SP1 an XP SP3 be ready?? by JJ
Morning all, I have a new desktop with Vista Premium an a 1yr old laptop with XP SP2. When will the Vista SP be out an when will the XP SP3 be out? Thanks all for your feedback an have a great an safe day.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 5th 08 05:58 AM
by I belt it. Go to last post
35 700
.swf attachments by Dave T.[_2_]
I recieved an attachment in an email from a relative which I have verified she did send, but IE7 won't let me open it. It is a .swf format which should open in flash or shockwave. All I get in IE is a blank page, and at the bottom left of the page is a yellow icon with a red exclation point on it. Does this mean that it contains something malicious, or is IE just being cautious? How do I get...
March 4th 08 11:47 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
0 246
Antispyware by Zygy
I am currently using SuperAntiSpyware, but I would be happier if I had another one, since I am advised one will not always do a totally comprehensive job. I used to also have Ad Aware, when I was on Win. XP, but they it is not yet compatible with Win. Vista. What others are as good as these two and are compatible with Win.Vista?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 4th 08 07:20 PM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
36 892
autologon by wsms
I would like an autolog for a local user for a set of computer on Vista Enterprise or Ultimate in an Active Directory domain. Autologon account would be a local account on the system The system would be part of Active Directory Is that solution can be managed through group policy for Vista Enterprise and Ultimate?
March 4th 08 07:03 PM
by rsergio[_4_] Go to last post
3 248
Running Application in Login Script by Jeff Belorit
Hello, I am having an issue starting an application from within a network login script. The particular application is Numara Trackit audit32.exe. The user account used to logon to the Vista computer is a Domain Admin account with Administrative rights to the computer. the last step of the login script calls the application like so Start \\servername\sharename\audit32.exe
March 4th 08 02:58 PM
by Jeff Belorit Go to last post
1 204
Vista reactivation question by Roger[_7_]
I have a dodgy motherboard (Asus M2A-VM HDMI) which produces a flickering display some of the time (it's a well known fault that Asus don't seem to able to fix). Anyway if I change the motherboard for a completely different one, will my Vista 64 require re-activating? If so will this happen without any problem or will it be taken as an attempt to install my copy on a second machine and...
March 4th 08 10:12 AM
by Roger[_7_] Go to last post
5 226
Remote Install Blocked by Wayne
Greetings! When I try to do a remote install of eTrust anti-virus on my Vista machine, an error message appears in that program when I try to verify the installation... "Remote install failed to connect to target computer's registry". The firewall on the Vista machine is not active. I have "allow(ed) connections from computers running any version of Remote
March 4th 08 06:09 AM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 257
Windows Security Icon in New Downloaded Programs Shortcut by Dave
Hi, I've just downloaded a free CAD program - popular one - A9Cad - and the shortcut has on it a security icon. Obviously this has something to do with a secuity issue but I don't know what. I've checked permissions etc, and the only thing that seems different to other securities with shortcuts to other programs is the addition of INTERACTIVE to group or user names. Is this a problem? Does...
March 3rd 08 08:55 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 224
Allow blocked program by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate I have installed UPS softare to manage the shout down of my PC but Windows has blocked it from starting. When I click on "show blocked programs" the blocked program is shown but when I highlight it, the option to "Allow" is grayed out. How do I get Windows to allow the program to run, I have tried setting the exe file to "Run as administrator" but it did not work.
March 3rd 08 08:46 PM
by Brink Go to last post

From The