Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
The best program for iPhone by jamescara19
Why pay a ringtone when you already have the song in your music library? Simply drag this song into Bigasoft iPhone Ringtone Maker and make ringtone by yourself to save money. The best program for iPhone is coming,just click the following website. http://www.bigasoft.com/iphone-ringtone-maker.html Bigasoft iPhone Ringtone Maker is an easy-to-use iPhone ringtone creator which helps you easily...
January 7th 10 06:00 AM
by jamescara19 Go to last post
0 364
network security key by Peter Mac
In trying to add a new laptop to my existing home, wireless network, I'm being asked for a 'security key' on the new laptop. where would I find this? -- pmcd404
January 6th 10 04:10 AM
by Abbala Go to last post
5 499
DVD/CDROM drive by Dennis Stephens
I have a Dell Studio Laptop 1535 with Windows Vista OS. The optical drive does not recognize DVDs. It plays music disks (CDROMS) and plays demos of videos which were installed at the factory. I have followed all the instructions in the Help file relevant to this matter. The report states that the media is not readable (TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS T633A) and that the drive is not readable or the...
January 5th 10 12:21 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 503
DVD/CDROM drive by Dennis Stephens
I have a Dell Studio Laptop 1535 with Windows Vista OS. The optical drive does not recognize DVDs. It plays music disks (CDROMS) and plays demos of videos which were installed at the factory. I have followed all the instructions in the Help file relevant to this matter. The report states that the media is not readable (TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS T633A) and that the drive is not readable or the...
January 4th 10 07:08 PM
by Dennis Stephens Go to last post
0 381
is vista + ie7 protected mode same as running in limited user account? by james
When I use ie7 in vista in an administrator account, it says protected mode is on. Is this equivalent to running the browser in a limited user account? And does that mean no virus/malware can infect my PC even if I accidentally click on a malicious URL?
January 4th 10 11:08 AM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
2 572
is vista + ie7 protected mode same as running in limited user account? by james
When I use ie7 in vista in an administrator account, it says protected mode is on. Is this equivalent to running the browser in a limited user account? And does that mean no virus/malware can infect my PC even if I accidentally click on a malicious URL?
January 4th 10 09:05 AM
by james Go to last post
0 364
Why Won't My Computor Download Microsoft Critical Updates (85) Of by Dasha
Can somone help me please? I cannot Download Security M/S Updates and now there are (85) of them See Below! There seems to be a lot of this C...P going on! However mine is more unusual and I have tried the Start RUN CMD sys32 etc" Nothing I have also tried “all Firewalls off" and I have also checked IE 7 tools options security level etc" all Ok? However the last suggestion involved...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 2nd 10 10:51 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
46 2,215
Windows Needs Gaming Boot Mode by Geoff[_8_]
Windows needs a basic bootmode for gaming that stops all unnecessary services and processes from loading in the RAM and running in the background. Like in MSCONFIG you select GAME BOOT then restart your machine with networking to play these more sophisticated games like Battlefield series or flight simulators or whatever. It would be so nice of Microsoft to make an update to Win Vista to allow...
January 1st 10 05:36 PM
by Geoff[_8_] Go to last post
0 382
"What's the deal UAC? This info will help. by Richard
I need to boot directly from hibernate or sleep into a running program, without the USERNAME icon appearing and requiring a keystroke from me. I have my computer set to automatically wake up at 9AM and start trading stocks on an automated protram basis. Please Help or direct me to remove that Icon from appearing. "Chad Harris" wrote: In addition to Jimmy's always extremely well written...
December 31st 09 07:58 AM
by Camper Go to last post
1 368
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by Richard
"Jimmy Brush" wrote: Hello, I've noticed that a lot of the questions in these newsgroups are either directly or indirectly related to UAC (User Account Control). In this post, I will go over what UAC does, how it works, the reasoning behind it, how to use your computer with UAC on, why you shouldn't turn UAC off, and answer some common questions and respond to common...
December 30th 09 06:43 PM
by Richard Go to last post
0 378
Vista Security and Windows Defender will not start by dsagent
I recently had a Trojan and Symantec anti virus removed it. However when I uninstalled Symantec (I wanted to place in another anti-virus) Windows Security became unavailable. If I go to Control Panel Security nothing happens. When I try to access Windows Defender then I immediately get a blue error screen. Now whenever I open up Internet Explorer sometimes strange noises start to happen as if...
December 29th 09 05:33 PM
by MowGreen Go to last post
2 390
error code 80073712 by Megabyteme
vista tried to update. All the updates took except for kb954155. I have tried to do the stand alone update and it will not take. I have gone into the datastore and removed the folders in there to try and get it to install with no luck any ideas? -- Megabyteme
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 28th 09 11:16 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
22 1,220
Messenger service is no more in VISTA, Alternatives? by markm75
Does anyone know of any good alternatives to the messenger service.. IE: the ability to send broadcast messages to multiple PCs, vista included? Perhaps something other than Office Communicator, maybe a 3rd party app I'm not aware of? As an admin, the broadcast message is vital to communicating information that is timely related to systems down time etc...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 09 09:38 AM
by No Name Go to last post
12 746
Window Defender. What is 0x800106ba? Is it important? by tomoedinburgh
Everytime I start, Windows Defender says Failed to intialize 0x800106ba A problem caused this program's service to stop. To start service, restart or search help and suppot to start it mannually What is this 0x800106ba? Is it important?:shock: Restart does not solve this.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 26th 09 07:07 PM
by JohnW Go to last post
21 1,162
Smart Card logon into Vista 64 using Windows Default Credential Provider. by vonny
Hi All, I am doing smart card logon on Vista 64 bit machine (with Service pack 2 installed) using default Windows Credential Provider Tile and certificate on my smart card. My CSP is signed by Microsoft. When I insert smart card, Windows default credential provider tries to read the certificate present in smart card. After few seconds, it gives the following error \"No Valid certificates found...
December 18th 09 07:08 PM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
6 451
Smart Card logon into Vista 64 using Windows Default Credential Provider. by vonny
Hi All, I am doing smart card logon on Vista 64 bit machine (with Service pack 2 installed) using default Windows Credential Provider Tile and certificate on my smart card. My CSP is signed by Microsoft. When I insert smart card, Windows default credential provider tries to read the certificate present in smart card. After few seconds, it gives the following error \"No Valid certificates found...
December 17th 09 09:39 AM
by vonny Go to last post
0 333
Will the shredded files be restored? by john
I use file shredder- Gutmann method to delete the files permanently, but will they be restored in some ways? Thanks.
December 17th 09 07:13 AM
by Usenet Commando Go to last post
6 416
Vista Firewall is worse than independent Firewall or not? by john
I used to use ZoneAlarm, but found it source-consuming in Vista. I am wondering if the Vista firewall is worse than independent firewall, such as Zone Alarm or not? I don't see any reports from vista firewall, and I am suspicious of its strenth against the attack from internet. Any opinions?
December 13th 09 09:15 PM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
6 409
Vista Firewall is worse than independent Firewall or not? by john
I used to use ZoneAlarm, but found it source-consuming in Vista. I am wondering if the Vista firewall is worse than independent firewall, such as Zone Alarm or not? I don't see any reports from vista firewall, and I am suspicious of its strenth against the attack from internet. Any opinions?
December 13th 09 06:30 PM
by john Go to last post
0 325
best encryption software and Bitlocker by john
Please tell me what is the best encryption software under Vista or Win 7. And what is the advantage and disadvantage of independent encryption software and Bitlocker in Vista/Win 7? Thanks
December 13th 09 06:26 PM
by john Go to last post

From The