Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Unable to log into own user profile (administrator) - fail User Profile Service by Amanda J
Hi guys I have Windows Vista Home Premium loaded in my laptop. So far all is well until I turned it on today and attempted to log into my profile. On my computer, there are only two users set up - Mine (administrator) and Guest (limited access). While trying to access my own account, the systems says it is unable to access User Security System Profile.. or something along that line. Then it...
March 26th 09 11:58 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 178
lowering security settings to 'low' by Amanda Wallace
i need to lower my security settings for a certain forum i go into as some parts are password protected. I could do this on xp but the lowest i can get to is medium which just isnt enough - i have added the site to trusted sites but it has made no difference - any ideas? x
April 12th 07 11:55 AM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
2 157
Web-chat (04/11/2007): EAPHost and EAP-Methods in Windows Vista and Longhorn by Ambrish Verma
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:00 - 4:00 P.M. Pacific Time (UTC - 7 hours-usually April-late Oct) 6:00 - 7:00 P.M. Eastern Time 22:00 - 23:00 GMT Join the chat room on the day of the chat: TechNet: www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/chatroom.aspx Join Microsoft Experts for an Online Chat!
April 4th 07 07:10 AM
by Ambrish Verma Go to last post
0 235
Parental Control gone mad! by Amee
Hi there, I recently downloaded some games from www.gamesville.com but when I try to play them I get a message saying that Parental Controls have prevented this application from running. I set up a general account and allowed anyone that used this account to be able to access everything under the Parental Control but it still wont work. I never had this trouble with Windows XP. Can anyone...
July 2nd 07 01:57 AM
by James Matthews Go to last post
1 228
Cartuchos R4i Ezflash y M3i Zero 53579 by amelt
Donde comprar cartuchos dsi, comprueba esta pagina web www.cartuchosdsi.es donde estan los distribuidores de r4i,ezflash y m3i zero. saludos Pedro nOmdBzlDvc)Qy!%_#(%E)#tFm
October 1st 09 09:34 PM
by amelt Go to last post
0 211
Security Center is off and won't be started by Amir Pasha
My Security Center alerts are always reminding to Turn it on. When I try to Turn it on, it says "The Security Center Service can't e Started", when I run Services, and try to Start Security Center from there, it says" Windows coulde not start the security center service on local computer. error 1083: the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 10 03:34 AM
by R Go to last post
31 1,185
uac incorrectly identifies nsis installers by Amir Szekely
I realize this isn't exactly the best place for bug reports, but it's the best one I could find. If there's a better place, please let me know and I'll post my bug report there. I'm the lead developer of NSIS, a software package used to create installers for Windows. Vista added a new feature that asks the user for an administrator password for programs requiring administrator privileges....
October 6th 07 02:03 AM
by chuco Go to last post
1 472
smart card PIN (Credential) delegation accross the processes (non by Amit Goel [SafeNet Inc]
Hi, Is there any way or setting(s) to delegate(s) the Smart card credentials (smart card pin) across the processes on local machine? The scenario is, 1. User inserts a smart card for windows logon. Press Ctrl + Alt+Del 2. Select certificate tile. 3. User enter the pin and successfully gets log-in by using smart card credentials
February 24th 09 06:44 AM
by Amit Goel [SafeNet Inc] Go to last post
0 239
New Windows Vista Website by [email protected]
Have you guys seen this website? The URL is http://www.windows-vista-update.com It's the most comprehensive Windows Vista website. Windows Vista Update at Windows-Vista-Update.com is the premier Microsoft windows Vista information portal. On this site, you can find news, information, tips, new features and updates
February 14th 07 08:59 AM
by Jim Morris Go to last post
1 124
hide system partition in vista!! by ammar
im using bitlokcer and i want to hide the system partition so users cannot access it ,Is this is posisble?
February 4th 08 10:32 PM
by Paul Adare Go to last post
1 157
EFSINFO.EXE Vista by Ammar
Is efsinfo.exe works with vista? or any alternative way to know what user certificate actually encrypted that file ? and what are the DRAs for that file? Another point ? Is it possible to backup EFS files ? Im talking about vista here.
January 26th 08 02:47 PM
by Ammar Go to last post
0 170
Accessing permissions by Amr Khalifa
Hello everybody You know firefox browser stores my profile settings, plugins, bookmarks ....etc on users -- *username* -- application data now I cannot access these folders at all as an error message appears says that I don't have permission to access these folder, and I must find a way to access it to get a copy from this important folders and files.
August 4th 07 11:35 AM
by Mark Veldhuis Go to last post
1 123
McAfee and Windows Live Mail 8.1 by Amrykid
I have McAfee (lastest version) and I wanted to have It scan emails from WLMail 8.1. Does anyone know how to do it?
April 2nd 07 09:50 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
9 278
Windows Firewall gets turned off permently by oncare by Amrykid
a couple weeks a ago I reinstalled (previously installed it two months ago) and then I uninstalled it and now, the firewall service wont start. PLZ help!!!!!!!!
May 24th 07 03:20 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
6 134
The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error 13 (0xD). (cannot start firewall) by Amster
What does this mean guys :( I can't start the windows firewall service, and this is what I see in event viewer: "The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error 13 (0xD)." WF.MSC returns: "The Windows Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in failed
September 6th 08 05:44 PM
by HappyAndyK[_61_] Go to last post
3 262
Allowing program to load without administrative password by amstern
UAC is preventing firefox from loading on standard user without password. I don't want to turn off UAC. secpol is not found on my system. I want my standard users to be able to run the program without giving them admin password. How do I get UAC to recognize the program is ok? I tried giving firefox admin privileges for all users and that didn't work. Thanks
July 15th 07 11:15 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
2 100
Advanced user by Ana
Hi, How to create an advanced user just like it was done on XP? I've an aplication which ran fine on XP (as advanced user) but is not on my vista. TIA Ana
April 6th 07 12:28 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 192
Unable to set INetFWRule Interfaces property by Anant
Hi, Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this message. I want to set firewall rule programmatically on just one Network Interface card identified by its Guid. I have the valid guid and i want to assign it to Interfaces property, I don't get compilation error but during run time i get "Value does not fall within the expected range."
May 20th 09 01:40 PM
by Anant Go to last post
0 202
BitLocker - why 1500 MB partition? by Anders Lund
Hi Running Windows Vista x64 SP2 beta on a HP notebook. I use BitLocker and have no problems with it. But I have yet to discover the reason for the BitLocker drive have to bee (at least?) 1500 MB in size. Looking at the properties for the drive, I can see that only about 50 MB is in use. Reasons I have thought of could be:
December 16th 08 02:26 PM
by Anders Lund Go to last post
4 272
CreateProcess for...The requested operation requires elevation by Anders strand-Holm
Hi, I am totally new to Vista. When launching a small application from the main programme I get this error: "CreateProcess for (path-and-application-name) has not been executed. The requested operation requires elevation" This, when running as administrator. I get the same error when running it as standard user (with non-admin rights). I have been informed I could change this policy (as...
May 11th 07 02:23 PM
by Anders strand-Holm Go to last post

From The