Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
defender disables itself by Francis
i have vista home premium with all latest updates installed. after some time, defender disables itself (exclamation mark next to "defender castle icon' appears in task tray, saying defender is not running), after some waiting also the tray icon disappears. None of the users have administrator rights, but still it gets disabled.
February 22nd 08 03:32 PM
by robinb Go to last post
2 277
Vista SP1 Users by Ron H
A list of programs that might not work after the update : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935796
February 22nd 08 03:19 PM
by Victek Go to last post
5 299
Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA?? by Iguana
Can Microsoft delete files on my computer through VISTA without my consent? If so, what files can be deleted? Can files be accessed by them the same way? Again, if so, does anyone have a link to website documenting this? Cheers, Iguana
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 08 01:06 PM
by Chris Game Go to last post
10 642
error kb944533 by David E
i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on? -- David E, Yep thats me!!!
February 22nd 08 03:36 AM
by David E Go to last post
0 299
Help plz! Cant get out of safe mode! by HeatherLasVegas
I've tried and tried, please I hope you can help me. I have a Toshiba A215-4817 laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bit. My troubles began when my cd/dvd was not operating properly. Toshiba support said my operating system was corrupt. I didn't believe that just because the cd/dvd wasn't working properly that the os is corrupt, maybe they were right. I have extremely important info on my hd as...
February 22nd 08 02:04 AM
by HeatherLasVegas Go to last post
0 318
Problem in executing my application in Vista Home edition by Shilpa
Hello All, In our product we have its three diffrent executable modules. During execution it was giving error and i made it run as adminitrator then it was working fine. For this i have created manifest file and given "requireAdministrator" ExecutionLevel. This time my login is adminstrator. When I login through standard user. While executing application or installing...
February 21st 08 09:01 PM
by Steve Easton Go to last post
1 318
Vista Updates by bruce59
On automatic updates today, my computer could not reboot and went into Startup Repair V2. It reported: Problem Signature 01 Auto Failover Problem Signature 05 Bad Driver Problem Signature 06 Bad Driver I ended up doing a system restore and got it to reboot. I turned off automatic updates as it immediately wanted to update probably the same that shut it down. I'm running...
February 21st 08 02:24 PM
by bruce59 Go to last post
3 335
Latest security updates by kreinerh
This morning, my Vista machine reported receiving a group of Microsoft updates, including two Security updates. I then found that connecting to the internet was virtually impossible. My XP machine had no trouble making the connection, but the Vista machine appeared to be hgaving a hard time, taking minutes to even reach the home page. I uninstalled the two security updates, and restored my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 21st 08 01:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 476
Microsoft Virus Scan? by Wayne L[_2_]
I just came across this in Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus "If your system is a Microsoft product and you have your 20 digit registration number, you can go to the Microsoft web site, and they will do a free scan and most likely remove any known virus such as Trojan win32.murlo." Is this true, and where would I find my 20 digit registration # and what is the web...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 21st 08 01:11 PM
by Jerry Hughes Go to last post
12 674
Microsoft security updates for February 2008 by Hank Arnold (MVP)
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/updates/bulletins/200802.mspx -- Regards, Hank Arnold Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
February 21st 08 08:02 AM
by Hank Arnold (MVP) Go to last post
0 292
help on windows security center by robert the bruce
i am new to computing an am trying to sort my security out. is windows security center all the security i need? becuse my mate downloaded virgin broadband pc guard on my comp and to me they both av the same protection. wat is the difference? can i use just the windows security?av u any useful info on security. -- rockonjimmy
February 20th 08 09:40 PM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
1 360
the system administrator has set policies to prevent installation by SammyR
everytime I try to install something I get a message that says "the system administrator has set policies to prevent installation" :mad: this is windows vista home basic, can someone tell me how to fix this issue. i have already to tryed to run as admin, the program is made for xp/vista.
February 20th 08 08:40 PM
by SammyR Go to last post
0 351
Password Protection by New User
Unable to turn off Password protection in file sharing Message reads paremeter not correct unable to change as admin
February 20th 08 04:58 PM
by New User Go to last post
0 295
Lockdown Vista PC. by M greetham
Please could someone recommend a program for vista like SteadyState from MS. I would like to restrict my limited accounts on my PC more and unfortunately SteadyState isn't vista compatible. If there aren't programs available where exactly should to configure desktop restriction in vista.
February 20th 08 01:42 PM
by JS Go to last post
1 302
what is JamBanMuV2 ? by bassam
when i display windows version information i see " JamBanMuV2" "Die!Die!Die" i search in google and alot says that its a virus so anyone knows how can i remove it ? or if anyone know more info about Jam plz tell me
February 20th 08 10:14 AM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
1 400
downloading adobe by candimick
How do I "change the write privileges" on a destination file that I am trying to download adobe illustrator into? I keep getting an error message that tells me that I need to change the write privileges of the destination folder.
February 20th 08 03:18 AM
by candimick Go to last post
2 347
More proof that default passwords are bad by Hank Arnold (MVP)
This is a scary sight... One place where you can get the default passwords for just about any hardware. If there was any doubt that not changing the default passwords on a router is bad, it should be gone now.... :-( -- Regards, Hank Arnold Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 20th 08 02:04 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
21 958
My Laptop now says my windows license is fradulant by Mark Lynn
How did that happen ?? I bought a new Laptop with Vista bundled installed, my son used it over the weekend and now it says my windows are fradualnt ????
February 19th 08 07:56 PM
by Susan Bradley Go to last post
2 286
i cant use IE or firefox but Instant messaging ok by brute force
i cant use IE or firefox. get the page not displayed error. but i can use instant messaging so i know its not my wireless connection. i surmise it might be something with vista security settings. im new to Vista. can anyone help
February 19th 08 06:51 PM
by brute force Go to last post
0 224
bitlocker : ( by Gunna
Hi all, read the following negative about bitlocker. Can anyone confirm these and even point me towards an official MS document confirming these 1. non-Microsoft software updates will require you to completely disable BitLocker before you start 2. System upgrades will require you to decrypt the volume 3. Only volume containing OS and system files will be encrypted. Other volumes are nto...
February 19th 08 06:14 PM
by Peter Go to last post

From The