Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
This vulnerability does not affect Windows Vista by mikk
Why you're posting this useless message here? This vulnerability does not affect Windows Vista.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 07 09:38 AM
by MAP Go to last post
34 797
How to renew Norton Internet Security by [email protected]
If I buy a new PC with Vista and it comes with free 60 days of updates for Norton Internet Security 2007 including firewall, what exactly do I have to purchase after 60 days? Do I have to purchase new Norton Internet Security software or just buy a subscription to updates? Do I have to purchase a new firewall, or a firewall update? Is it true that if you already own Norton Internet Security,...
October 16th 07 04:26 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
8 409
icthis.exe by bigdaddy55513
how can I remove this form my computer? Tried software explorer and add and remove, but neither one worked - virus scan didn't see them
October 16th 07 03:24 AM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
2 188
Slow or No Connection by sprink52
I can't get on the ESPN website or it is extremely slow to open. All other websites open with no problem. This problem happens all of the time. Not just a one time occurance.
October 16th 07 03:01 AM
by sprink52 Go to last post
0 153
Vista parental controls by flower
Flower is having many different problems.I am unable to use parental controls such as web history, sites visited ect...It says "error parsing files".Also is there a way to reset permissions on files to default or undo changes other than going to each files security tab to change them? -- Flower
October 16th 07 01:57 AM
by flower Go to last post
0 169
windows32 xp sp2 by cat
When a start my pc appear the mensage "socket error 11004 windows32" How can I do, please help.
October 15th 07 09:27 PM
by cat Go to last post
0 163
wireless connection by nicola2487
Hi i have a wireless connection problem if anyone can help. Ever since i first connected to the wireless network in college my wireless will not connect to any other network properly, although it says it is connected the page will come up as cannot be displayed in internet explorer. This only occurs when trying to connect to a network other than that in college. The connection works...
October 15th 07 02:11 PM
by nicola2487 Go to last post
0 150
2 Icon for every user by A-B-C
Hi, My Vista computer logon shows 2 icons for every user e.g. 2 icons for Admin, 2 icons or User-A and 2 Icons for user User-B (only one account was created for all of them). When I switch users, it also shows 2 icons for user-A are logged on. Is there a fix for this? Cheers
October 15th 07 12:20 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 155
Is there Vista VS2005 service pack for updating WinSCard.h and lib file for SCardReadCache function by [email protected]
Hi, I am searching for the service pack for VS2005 or new SDK kit which updates the WinScard.h and library files for the SCardReadCache/ SCardWriteCache functions. Is there any service pack/SDKs available now or near future. Will these APIs be supported in Windows XP/2000 os. Regards,
October 15th 07 09:38 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 157
Can't Delete Folder by JamesJ
Just installed Vista Home Presidium, upgraded from XP. I'm trying to move and/or remove a folder that was created by Vista in the Programs menu but Vista tells me I need permission to perform this action. I checked the folder security and found the Full control is checked for all but are disabled. Also since I upgraded from XP Vista retained the Documents and Settings folder. Any way to remove...
October 15th 07 09:38 AM
by JamesJ Go to last post
2 173
Vista Internet Security Issues by Mick Walker
Hi All, I am having a strange problem, which I have to date been able to reproduce on three separate machines. The problem lies in browsing when using a limited account. It seems that even when internet security settings are set to the lowest possible settings, that pages that utalise the Telerik RAD Control suite (www.telerik.com) for ASP.Net do not display correctly.
October 15th 07 08:02 AM
by Mick Walker Go to last post
0 208
Bitlocker Set-up Problem by Steve
When using the Bitlocker Drive Preparation tool on an existing Vista Ultimate installation, I'm unable to get the system to start from the new partition. The tool seems to do it's stuff, but when restarting, all I get is a "Missing Operating System" error message when the laptop trys to start. I boot with the Vista DVD and then attempt a repair, but the only way to get back into Vista is to...
October 15th 07 07:35 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 163
UAC in Vista by JJ
Im reading a lot about UAC problems an being dumb as a box of rocks about PCs could someone tell me what this is?? I am getting a new Dell with Windows Vista Premium with Athalon 64 X2 5000+. Im trying to read up on all the problems with Vista before they ship it next week so I can somewhat be aware.
October 15th 07 03:52 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
6 177
can't log in, Ease of access doesn't work, key pad filter pop up.. by Dom
I'm running Vista and have all the problems listed above + I can't boot from my recovery disk (I get the hit any key to boot from CD, than it trys to start normally). My password is not recognized. The password is good, 1 time yesterday ease of access worked and I used the virtual keypad, now ease of access doesn't work. Any idesa? Thank You
October 14th 07 03:47 PM
by Dom Go to last post
2 156
TPM chip for bitlocker by VS
I am running vista home premium on my laptop. I want to upgrade to vista ulitmate if can use the features provided by bitlocker. How can I check whether my system has a TPM chip or not? I couldnt find any information on the hardware manufacturer's website. Thanks, VS
October 14th 07 03:21 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_2_] Go to last post
6 212
Account Permissions Problem? by David L
I'm a new Vista user and I'm trying to get used to it. I fear I might have hosed something. I must have installed something bad and was getting BSODs early in the boot process. I had to do a system restore to yesterday and the BSODs appear to be gone. I thought (not 100% sure) that previously when I was running as a standard user, then when I went into regedit, I got a couple of UAC popups...
October 14th 07 11:18 AM
by BillD Go to last post
7 222
Windows Security Center does not recognize my anti-virus software by Who[_2_]
I recently purchased the full version AVG and it works great but Vista does not recognize that I have a anti-virus running. What do I need to do? I have tried fixing it in the command prompt with winmgmt/salvagerepository and winmgmt/ verifyrepository but they both tell my access denied but I am the admin on the comp so it should not do that! is there any other way to fix this? It is driving...
October 14th 07 02:15 AM
by Engel Go to last post
1 182
Watch NFL Games Online by Dexter H.
Watch NFL Games Online! For every one who wants to watch the games online because they dont live in the teams town or are at work i found a site that has basically every game covered. Its perfect if you have afford a monthly $70 direct tv nfl access subscription. they got a bunch of channels The sites http://nflonline.wizhoo.com
October 14th 07 02:00 AM
by Dexter H. Go to last post
0 170
No such Interface: Cant remove Security Update KB 891781 in Vista by RAWK227
I purchased Coffee Cup HTML Editor (coffeecup.com) 2 days ago. The incentive to this purchase was the Visual Editor. I cant use it because of this Security Update. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Coffee Cup has not responded to my call or e-mail and they are closed on weekends. The only solutions I can find is for XP. The steps are not the same as Vista and cannot be applied...
October 13th 07 07:11 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 127
Windows update settings altered again by Rob Harmer
http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=830 Come on Microsoft tell us why you keep overriding our settings! -- Rob
October 13th 07 03:34 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post

From The