Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
NO SUCH INTERFACE SUPPORTED-NEED TO REMOVE HOTFIX KB891781 by RAWK227
I purchased Coffee Cup HTML Editor (coffeecup.com) 2 days ago. The incentive to this purchase was the Visual Editor. I cant use it because of this Security Update. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Coffee Cup has not responded to my call or e-mail and they are closed on weekends. The only solutions I can find is for XP. The steps are not the same as Vista and cannot be applied...
October 13th 07 02:43 PM
by RAWK227 Go to last post
0 214
Windows Live One Care and Security in Vista Premium?? by JJ
After reading the posts about Norton 2008 products causing problems with Vista Premium, I was reading about Windows OneCare an Defender in Vista. Are these two programs enough to protect my New Desktop with Vista Premium and AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+?? I will load load Adware SE Plus for spyware if that will not cause problems. Norton Internet Suite 2008 has a program called Idenity Id that...
October 13th 07 02:24 PM
by JJ Go to last post
2 171
Changed the security settings, cannot access my files anymore by M M
PLEASE HELP!!! I'm sitting by a computer at work, where I am the principal user, but others have access to the computer as well (different logins on the office network). To stop people from getting access to my files, I changed the security settings so the one could read and write the files only if they are logged in with my name and password. Guess what! Now I can't access my own files...
October 13th 07 08:58 AM
by Wim Hekken -) Go to last post
1 163
Compatibiliteitsmodus by Ette Kees
als ik een programma die op het netwerk staat bevoegdheden wil toewijzen kan ik dat niet aanklikken er staat dan: Het is niet mogelijk om compatibiliteitsmodi permanent voor dit programma in te stellen omdat de toepassing zich op een netwerkstation bevindt. Is dit op te lossen?
October 13th 07 08:22 AM
by Wim Hekken -) Go to last post
1 166
"No right" to run a pw recovery program by Aristide de la Tanne
On a new PC with preinstalled Vista Home Premium, I tried to install the password recovery tool Revelationv2 from www.snadboy.com. It failed with the error of not recognizing some helper dll. Then I tried to copy the main revelation.exe from a usb stick to the desktop. But it refuses since I "do not have the right to do so". However, that does not happen with other exe files. I even cannot look...
October 12th 07 06:01 PM
by Aristide de la Tanne Go to last post
0 194
Return of deleted jpeg pictures by Kathy
I have windows Vista. I visited HGTV and clicked on a blog. The jpeg pictures showed up in my picture gallary and appear on my desktop google bar and in the picture gallary. I have deleted them a number of times and deleted them "permantely" from the recycle bin. I've run Windows Defender, Windows Live One care, Pit stop, and Spybot. They don't show as cookies or a virus but they just...
October 12th 07 05:16 PM
by Kathy Go to last post
0 177
Error messages in SUA by Cruise Huang
Hi All, I was asked to port our software to Vista Biz. But when I tested the application in SUA( Standard User Analyzer ), I got some error messages which seem to be releated to windows APIs: 1) AfxSocketInit - RegOpenKeyExA: Key (\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\WinSock2\Parameters) only grants requested 'KEY_SET_VALUE' to 'BUILTIN\Administrators, NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'
October 12th 07 02:37 AM
by Iain[_3_] Go to last post
1 193
INSTANT MESSAGING by keyknee
Why does my Aim window freeze up after about a few minutes? Have aim 6.1? For instant messaging... -- Keyknee
October 12th 07 12:50 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
5 239
Security Center - "check your antivirus software status" by AChung
My home PC is preloaded with Windows Vista Home Basic edition (32-bit) and has AVG Antivirus Free v7.5.485 installed. I am puzzled by the recent pop-up message after the startup of my PC. It is reported that "AVG Antivirus is turned off. Click here to fix the notification", although the AVG icon has well displayed on the notification area (system tray). Meanwhile, as suggested by a...
October 11th 07 11:29 PM
by R.j Go to last post
7 189
Two anti-virus even though one has been uninstalled by going ape
I uninstalled AVG Free and installed Zone Suite 7.1 However, Security Centre is still reporting that AVG Free is still installed! So according to Security Centre I have two (2) anti-virus installed when AVG Free has been successfully uninstalled. This cannot be secure if Security Centre thinks an anti-virus program is still installed when it has been uninstalled...
October 11th 07 11:09 PM
by R.j Go to last post
4 168
Can't Open Hyperlinks from Access 07 by Theresa
Hello: I am using Vista and Office 2007. We have an Access database with hyperlinks to documents on our network. One user cannot open these links but others logged onto the same computer can. The user gets the standard message "Some files can contain viruses or other wise be harmful to your computer". Would you like to open this file? When the user clicks "OK" they get the message "Cannot...
October 11th 07 09:02 PM
by Theresa Go to last post
0 146
good combo to go with avast home edition by razor_303
whats a good anti-spyware program to go with avast, and a good firewall? thanks
October 11th 07 01:16 PM
by razor_303 Go to last post
4 163
Cannot get access to "Pictures" and "Music" folders by Frustrated with Vista
I can access "Pictures" and "Music" when I open either from the Start menu, but I get the message: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" when I try to open either folder from "Documents". I am the Administrator for this Vista Home Premium installation. When I try to change permissions I get the message: "An error occurred while applying security information to:...
October 11th 07 12:38 AM
by StrongDVM Go to last post
3 173
Access Privileges by Dwaine
I just purchased a new notebook with the Windows Vista OS. I have installed the iTunes software for my iPOD. When I try to sync my iPOD, it will sync my music files but does not sync my photo files. I get an error message: "Cannot sync iPOD. You do not have enough access priveleges to perform this operation"
October 10th 07 11:06 PM
by Dwaine Go to last post
0 164
Todays update by RobP02
KB941651 KB905866 KB941202 KB939653 KB933729 KB890830 KB915597 These were the updates I installed today. I'm runing Vista ultimate 64. After restarting my computer to complete the updates, I have been
October 10th 07 08:50 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 173
bitlocker by Ponch
Hello, On my Windows vista PC, i encrypted my harddisk with bitlocker. Now , i removed the disk from my pc and connect it to another working vista pc ( as second disk ) What do i have todo to read the data on my encrypted disk in this other pc?, i think i need de key that i saved.... Tx,
October 10th 07 06:49 PM
by N1K Go to last post
1 160
The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific erro by DaMnIt
Been getting this error, and nobody seems to know how to fix it. Below are varoius queries... SERVICE_NAME: mpssvc TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS STATE : 1 STOPPED WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 1066 (0x42a) SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 5 (0x5) CHECKPOINT : 0x0
October 10th 07 05:34 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
7 1,703
Disable the need for Signed Drivers on X64 Vista? by Bhozar
Is it possible to disable the need for Signed Drivers on the 64bit version of Vista? "bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" no longer works, and F8 and selecting to disable it doesnt seem to work either as when I install VMWare Server the driver install still fails. So is there any way to disable the need for signed drivers just to install this software, or for good?
October 10th 07 11:41 AM
by Bhozar Go to last post
2 215
Security Center weird behaviour by Moody Marco
Suddenly today Security Center on my Vista PC has started acting funny - it says "No antivirus software found" despite NOD32 being installed and up-to-date. It also says Windows Defender is turned off, but when I click Turn On, it says "checking for new definitions", then says "Definitions already up to date", but it remains saying "Turned off". If I open Windows Defender manually, it...
October 10th 07 06:39 AM
by Wally Cleaver Go to last post
7 169
Windows Defender is turnt off and antivirus (AVG) not recognised. by Roche
My securitycenter tells me that i do not have an antivirusprogram. I have installed AVG-pro, which was recognised, but now not anymore.... Securitycenter also says that Defender is not running, trying to activate, but doesn't start. When i run defender it says its turnt on.... Who knows how to set things good again.
October 10th 07 05:28 AM
by vista_br[_3_] Go to last post

From The