Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Problem running .NET user control hosted on Windows Vista / IE 7 by M. Cota
Hello, I have found a problem running a .Net user control hosted by IE on Windows Vista / IE7. This problem doesn't occur on Windows XP / IE7. Here's a sample page that can be used to reproduce the problem: http://www.softwaresigloxxi.com/Super2d3dGraphLibrary_Tutorials_ClientControl.html Please, I'm lost at this point. Can anyone tell me why the object is failing to initialize on Windows...
September 2nd 07 01:46 AM
by M. Cota Go to last post
7 185
File not found - Defender by 2nickelstripper
::I have windows defender set to autostart at boot. It is frustratingly refusing to do so.:: :::: ::Downloaded autoruns to look at the auto start list, and while windows defender is definitely set to start at boot, there is a note saying the .exe file is not found.:: :::: ::Interestingly, the security center says defender has loaded, even though I know it has not.:: ::::
September 1st 07 06:24 PM
by Mamarec Go to last post
1 143
User Permissions by Michael D[_2_]
I like the restrictions placed on standard users, but i need to change one specific right. I need to have the users given the ability to install fonts and thats it. Can anyone tell me how to give users this specific right? -- Michael D. Dunfee
August 31st 07 10:49 PM
by S. Sanches Go to last post
1 117
IE7 Vista COMPLAINTS by Albert Pang
1. IE7.0 in Windows Vista has Disabled SSL 2.0 2. IE7.0 in Windows Vista does not allow automatic import of 3rd party CA Certificates
August 31st 07 04:44 PM
by Albert Pang Go to last post
0 155
Take over Vista permissions from Xp by Ken H.
Hello. I am troubleshooting a newer vista machine (Acer, Vista Basic) and I need to copy the contents of the drive to my Windows XP Pro Data backup system. Normally, with an XP HD I would just take over the permissions on the drive from the backup system and then have control over the files. When I apply the same process to the HD from the Vista machine, I get errors on all the files...
August 31st 07 09:44 AM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
1 157
Fress space wiper by Mark
Anyone know of a free wiper for Vista 32-bit? I used to use something called "Eraser" in XP but can't seem to find it now! Mark
August 31st 07 02:21 AM
by Mark Conrad Go to last post
6 200
Can't change file name by KWilson
Vista Premium on HP Pavilion Running as User, I created a folder in the Documents folder. Over time I have added subfolders to that created folder. I wanted to change the folder name and was presented with the UAC requesting Admin priviledges. I gave the admin password and was still denied access. I checked the folder and it was marked as Read Only. I tried removing the check for that but it...
August 31st 07 01:20 AM
by brink[_700_] Go to last post
3 157
Enable BitLock by R. Yang
Hi guys, I'm trying to enable BitLock on a Compaq 6515b notebook which has built-in TMP 1.2. There are 2 partitions on it, one is 2GB and another is 30GB (both of them are primary partitions). The Vista Ultimate 64bit is installed on the 30GB partition. All drivers including TPM drivers are installed correctly and the notebook works quite well. But when I try to turn on BitLock in Control...
August 31st 07 12:28 AM
by R. Yang Go to last post
0 148
How to completely disable UAC? by J
Saturday Eve How do I completely disable UAC? So, it doesnot stop programs from working/installing,......? Esample: I have backup scripts request confirmation. These are supposed to run when all us are to be sleeping.
August 30th 07 09:09 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
8 174
ActiveX Installer Service by Ragnar
Hello I'm testing the ActiveX Installer Service (AxIS) and I'm not getting this to work correctly. I'm currently testing this on a Windows Vista Ultimate computer member of an Windows Server 2003 SP2 Active Directory domain. This is what I did: 1. Installed the ActiveX Installer Service on the Vista computer. 2. Configured to ActiveX Installer service to automatic startup and started
August 30th 07 08:02 PM
by Ragnar Go to last post
1 149
Lost permissions? by Nigel Molesworth[_2_]
After installing an update for Photoshop CS3 (GRRRRR!), I have lost permissions for a number of folders - most of an entire drive! I can obviously get them back individually, but how do I get them back as a group? I can't find the inherit option. Also, the nice default icons from my USERNAME folder on the Start Menu have gone. How do I get them back (I've tried clicking Default)? --
August 30th 07 11:20 AM
by Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Go to last post
0 128
Resote Vista backup by Polonio
I need to restore a complete HD baskup. Fortunately, it is not the system disk, and I have a recent backup done with Vista. I want to restore the situation I had before the last complete backup. I have tried to do it, but the system restore files ans folders that I deleted time ago. I want the files and folders I had when I did the last backup.
August 29th 07 09:15 PM
by Polonio Go to last post
0 140
trojan? by bigtez
new to this need help getting rid of trojan i think windows just keeps restarting and security balloon keeps poping up as it restarts but wont allow me to click it .My trend micro does not find anything with full scan how do i find problem and fix i removed the bad program stuck!
August 29th 07 05:25 PM
by Ken Blake Go to last post
6 336
Windows Defender or other? by SarahW
Do I need to use a separate anti-virus program if I am using Windows Defender? Will Defender protect my Vista computer all on its own?
August 29th 07 05:22 PM
by Ken Blake Go to last post
9 313
Data Execution Prevention - how can prevent it ??? by m.emam
dear sir/mrs i bought new lap top "dell "with windows vista , iam trying to use msn live messenger but it is stop working as soon i sing in , i have message from sys. say that i stop due to "Data Execution Prevention" i need help to use your live messenger it is essential for me fast response will be highly appriciated , best regards,
August 29th 07 04:56 PM
by Morris Cox Go to last post
7 192
Windows Live Onecare and Windows Defender by Jerry
I use Windows Vista and I'm currently trying the Windows Live Onecare. Before this I was using the Windows Defender and another firewall/virus protection program. Every time I turn on my computer I get the warning that Windows Defender is OFF. I turn it back on, but the same thing happens next time. My question is: Is Windows Live Onecare turning off Windows Defender as it is incorporated...
August 29th 07 03:25 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
6 192
Password lost by Jechon
my son recently lost his laptop case with my disk for vista and don't know the password to unlock the computer. is there anyway for me to unlock the computer with purchasing another copy of Vista? I didn't make a backup on usb for password reset either
August 29th 07 12:48 PM
by Malke Go to last post
3 247
PKI Key Problems by Michael Gerbasio
Hi, I don't know anything about pki keys or certificates and could really use some help. I have a WinXP system running so I'm sure I have the correct certificate. We use Checkpoint VPN-1 to access our corporate servers remotely. We are allowed to run this on our home PCs but we can't get tech support for home. I upgraded to Windows Vista and I'm having a really hard time getting this to...
August 29th 07 11:35 AM
by Michael Gerbasio Go to last post
0 410
Activation Error by Or Tsemah
Hi, I'm recieving Vista Activation errors using MAK Error code: 0x80072F8F MS Said it's a security issue, what ports do i need to open in the firewall to enable activation through the internet ? -- Or Tsemah
August 29th 07 11:33 AM
by Or Tsemah Go to last post
0 183
Vista x64: Time-Port 123 by mhonzell
With Firewall on or off and Port 123 granted full access, time.windows.com will not connect. The other four paths provided connect and update as expected. Is this a Vista x64 issue? Thanks!
August 29th 07 12:58 AM
by mhonzell Go to last post

From The