Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
UAC Problem by species8350
I have a programme on my pc called Freecorder that runs within IE. The problem is it wont work properly with UAC on, but works fine with UAC off. I tried enabling the exe file as admin, but this made no difference. Running as XP compatible. I'd like to leave UAC on, and run Freecorder.
August 25th 07 07:47 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
2 216
Bitlocker Application Problem by srini
I Have turned on bitlocker encryption application in my machine. However unable to see keys to save and showing message as "there are no keys to duplicate for this volume". Please guide me how to save or take printout of keys. Thanks ....
August 25th 07 09:08 AM
by srini Go to last post
0 162
Vista Home Basic & Premium by Derek Sinclair
I have 3 systems, 1 with Home Premium and 2 with Home Basic On these systems are set up the following accounts Premium - My account, admin priviledges / wifes account, admin priviledges 1st Basic - My account, admin priviledges / 3 * kids accounts, user priviledges 2nd Basic - My account, admin priviledges / wifes account, admin priviledges On all of these, my account was the one created at...
August 25th 07 07:14 AM
by Derek Sinclair Go to last post
0 168
Parental Controls are preventing streaming data, such as radio by chunnel
I have the Parental Controls setup to the strictest level. And I have been unable to allow streaming data from radio stations online. What is wrong with my settings?
August 25th 07 12:34 AM
by glayne Go to last post
7 257
Vista x32 IE7 SSL Security Problem by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista Security newsgroup via crosspost as a convenience to the OP. What anti-virus or "internet security" suite are you running? = Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start IE7 in No Add-ons mode: 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 07 05:49 PM
by Bathrone Go to last post
15 722
how do I upgrade Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition for Windows Vista?? by [email protected]
Hi, I download the Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to my laptop, and it cannot function, because it said this program is not compatible with Windows Vista. I want to know how can I upgrade this program to function well in my lapotop. Thank you
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 07 04:58 PM
by ---Fitz--- Go to last post
15 315
Program requesting elevation cannot be launched through a button.. by mchrist152
....with UAC on. I have an application that requests elevation through its manifest. When launched normally, the UAC dialog shows and accepting the dialog allows the app to run normally. But when I assign this app to a scanner button using Scanner&Camera in the control panel, the app does not start when the button is pressed. It doesn't even show the elevation dialog. If I turn off UAC...
August 24th 07 04:06 PM
by Adrian Accinelli Go to last post
1 171
Utility to check Execution marking? by davem
Is there a utility around that can show if an executable has the embedded Vista execution level attribute? I want something that runs on XP, to check post build modules, pre- testing. Thanks, Dave.
August 24th 07 02:27 PM
by davem Go to last post
0 132
Specifying publisher for Vista's autorun with HTML file by Kris[_2_]
Hi, In my autorun.inf file I use the entry below to launch a HTML menu. On Vista, AutoPlay will show the option "Run index.html - Publisher not specified". open=index.html The 'publisher not specified' makes sense since no publisher has been
August 24th 07 12:12 PM
by Kris[_2_] Go to last post
2 183
Windows Defender Error 0x80010005 by Walter Cohen
I've been sporadically getting the following pop-up when my computer starts: Windows Defender Application failed to initialize: 0x80010005 It happened again today after I d/l a Windows update for Windows Defender, coincidentally. Anyone have ideas? Thanks,
August 24th 07 03:56 AM
by Engel Go to last post
3 240
Vista Home Premium, Local Security Policy by SIS
Dear Sir, How can access the Local Security Policy in Windows Vista Home Premium, which is available under Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy in Windows XP. I have searched on the discussion group regarding this and found out that this has not been provided in the Vista Home Premium Edition. I woild like to know how else then I can set a user for 'Logon as a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 23rd 07 10:50 PM
by Chuck Go to last post
11 510
Vista file access deny by ASG
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate.64 Bits. I am running as administrator, single user. When I try to open Documents and Settings files, such as cookie, local Settings, folders, I need to open up, set property, each folder, one at a time. Is there any way to open all files access? Thank you.
August 23rd 07 08:22 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
8 161
Kaspersky by johnmcg
When I go into Control panel/Windows security, I get the message “you have multiple antivirus programs, but none of them are turned and up to date. When I click on “turn on”, then click on “show me the antivirus programs on this computer”, it shows me McAfee virus scan (which I removed from the PC), and Kaspersky Internet security (which I recently added to the PC) and which...
August 23rd 07 05:20 PM
by konitalk Go to last post
3 198
Vista UAC interfering with operation of program by Marc
Hi, The company I work for is developing a product that will auto launch a small application (necessary for the usage of the product) when plugged into a USB port. The application (an .exe file) resides on the device itself, and Windows recognizes the device as a USB Mass Storage Device / CD-ROM. Unfortunately, the way the product was developed, you have to be a local administrator on the...
August 23rd 07 04:45 PM
by Pete Delgado Go to last post
7 171
Please Help .... Long time problem ... Screenshots given by MatthewKWink
Hello all My problem is with the Windows Security Centre ... it's one that has been bugging me for awhile and I should have seeked help earlier ... I have taken screen shots so as to display me problem more clearly ... I have two problems, the first is with the Firewall and the second is with Defender Firewall problem Okay so both problems take place every time I turn on the computer and...
August 23rd 07 02:58 PM
by MatthewKWink Go to last post
0 150
Firewalls and routers by Dave Turner
I have installed a D-Link router for my home net, and I have a question about firewalls that is not in the book from D-Link; When I configure the firewall that is internal in the router, should I then disable windows firewall? It's confusing, because if I stayed with windows firewall (or any 3rd party firewall) it would have to be enabled on each machine on the net. Having it in the router...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 07 03:32 PM
by Dave Turner Go to last post
12 402
Access Denied (XP and Vista permissions issue) by Vh
So here's my dilemma - I've connected my old Win XP formatted drive to my new Vista system and the device works just fine except for the fact that I cannot access at least half of the file on the volume. I've got music, video, text and web documents that I need to copy over but I can't seem to gain permission to do so no matter what I try. I've disabled UAC for the time being, believing that...
August 22nd 07 04:16 AM
by Blaine S Go to last post
4 194
Cant turn off "built in protection"... by esmnh
According to help section (which blows) should I just uncross the box for that program I trust and don't need Vista to block from opening... Well it doesnt work... everytime I try to uncross a new blockage arrive... I can't open my mail program IncrediMail... I trust that program but Vista wont let me unblock it. How do I make Vista understand I want to open IncrediMail...? Instructions in...
August 22nd 07 12:00 AM
by laubin Go to last post
6 196
restrict & hide programs... by mike
vista ultimate... preparing to share my computer & want not only to restrict all other users including guest account from running, but also even seeing, some of the apps in the "all programs" list as well as in the "program files" folder (mostly tech utilities & various browsers) thanks, mike.
August 21st 07 11:06 PM
by mike Go to last post
2 150
RasGetEntryDialParams() does not return the password on Windows Vi by jli
The same functions “RasSetEntryDialParams” and “RasGetEntryDialParams” work differently on XP and Vista. On Windows XP, the function “RasSetEntryDialParams” and “RasGetEntryDialParams” can be used to save the password in the dial entry and get the password later. On Vista, both functions return no error but the password is never returned. I have tried both updating SDK on...
August 21st 07 10:24 PM
by jli Go to last post

From The