Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Lost Hope and Ideas by Greg
Almost a year ago I purchased my brand new desktop Hp Pavilion, 64 bit OS Windows Home Premium (service Pack 2) Memory 6GB AMD Phenon 9850 Quad Core Processor. 800 GB hard drive (600 GB free) Everything worked beautiful for about 2 month the all of the sudden I started experience major problems. Out of a blue my comp stopped responding to all commands (everything was timing out, took about...
October 25th 09 01:08 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
4 354
Cannot use "Run As" by Augie[_2_]
Hi all, I have just received a new workstation on the job with Vista on it. When I log on as a user I some times need to run software with admin rights so I usually use "run as" by right clicking the file. When I do this in Vista a "run as administrator" is available but I am not prompt to set any credentials and the software does not run. Which settings I need to check? I also can log on as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 09 07:55 PM
by Paul Adare Go to last post
12 472
Lost Hope and Ideas by Greg
Almost a year ago I purchased my brand new desktop Hp Pavilion, 64 bit OS Windows Home Premium (service Pack 2) Memory 6GB AMD Phenon 9850 Quad Core Processor. 800 GB hard drive (600 GB free) Everything worked beautiful for about 2 month the all of the sudden I started experience major problems. Out of a blue my comp stopped responding to all commands (everything was timing out, took about...
October 24th 09 06:39 PM
by Greg Go to last post
0 239
how to view/extract bit locker repair tool output .img (50gb) by quaddy
as stated above, there was a problem that occurred after installig dual boot and loading ols200, it cause my bitlocker encrypted vista to not be able to boot, i tried all of the fix solutions, but this wasnt working as this drive was encrypted and the winload.exe couldnt be read or altered or replaced, as the bitlocker menu on startup was also lost so rendered me having th eusual tpm...
October 23rd 09 11:51 AM
by shanil Go to last post
2 261
Denied permission to access folders by c1steady[_2_]
To all the expert for help, I try To take ownership a folder as below but failed. " Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties. LI class=stepClick the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab. LI class=stepClick Edit....
October 23rd 09 12:56 AM
by c1steady[_2_] Go to last post
0 235
windows security center by sabriel
hi, can any one help plzzzz.. the icon keeps coming up at the center is turned off and i cant seem to put it back on..the firewall and defender seems to be on and the updates but it says the security centre cant not be started. can anyone tell me how to switch it on :S...thx sab
October 22nd 09 11:43 PM
by Brink Go to last post
9 364
Questionable File: HPCEE.exe by Karyn C
I have found what I term a questionable file: C:\\ProgramFiles\hewlett-packard\sdp\ceement\HPCEE.exe, related to C:\\Windows\tasks\HPCeeScheduleforkaryn.job. On 9-15-09 Windows Defender flagged this for potentially unwanted behavior. On 10-01, this program, HPCEE.exe was "preparing to access the internet" according to Norton history. On 10-13, I happened to be looking at Task Scheduler...
October 21st 09 07:07 PM
by Karyn C[_2_] Go to last post
6 327
Sorry about repost by Karyn C
My windows mail said connection to the server was down, so I copied and pasted my post and sent it again. Then I saw the response. Oops. Guess it went after all. Sorry. KC
October 21st 09 07:06 AM
by NT Canuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 267
Sorry about repost by Karyn C
My windows mail said connection to the server was down, so I copied and pasted my post and sent it again. Then I saw the response. Oops. Guess it went after all. Sorry. KC
October 21st 09 06:31 AM
by Karyn C Go to last post
0 235
Questionable file: HPCEE.exe by Karyn C
I have found what I term a questionable file: C:\\ProgramFiles\hewlett-packard\sdp\ceement\HPCEE.exe, related to C:\\Windows\tasks\HPCeeScheduleforkaryn.job. On 9-15-09 Windows Defender flagged this for potentially unwanted behavior. On 10-01, this program, HPCEE.exe was "preparing to access the internet" according to Norton history. On 10-13, I happened to be looking at Task Scheduler...
October 21st 09 06:21 AM
by Karyn C Go to last post
0 209
Questionable file: HPCEE.exe by Karyn C
I have found what I term a questionable file: C:\\ProgramFiles\hewlett-packard\sdp\ceement\HPCEE.exe, related to C:\\Windows\tasks\HPCeeScheduleforkaryn.job. On 9-15-09 Windows Defender flagged this for potentially unwanted behavior. On 10-01, this program, HPCEE.exe was "preparing to access the internet" according to Norton history. On 10-13, I happened to be looking at Task Scheduler...
October 21st 09 06:21 AM
by Karyn C Go to last post
0 234
Questionable File: HPCEE.exe by Karyn C
I have found what I term a questionable file: C:\\ProgramFiles\hewlett-packard\sdp\ceement\HPCEE.exe, related to C:\\Windows\tasks\HPCeeScheduleforkaryn.job. On 9-15-09 Windows Defender flagged this for potentially unwanted behavior. On 10-01, this program, HPCEE.exe was "preparing to access the internet" according to Norton history. On 10-13, I happened to be looking at Task Scheduler...
October 21st 09 01:24 AM
by Karyn C Go to last post
0 189
KB973636 - error code 52D by Maureen Brown
I have been trying to install this update for a few days and have tried to resolve it with the suggestions on help - but no luck - has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve as it appears to be an important update. -- Maureen Brown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maureen Brown's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/146507.htm
October 20th 09 06:59 PM
by Maureen Brown Go to last post
0 173
IE Redirects search pages by Gozal
Hi, when ever i use google my searches get redircted to some blank site, http://z43 something like that.. I did a hijackthis and here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 3:37:49 PM, on 10/19/2009 Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16915) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
October 19th 09 10:40 PM
by Gozal Go to last post
0 215
free security software? by slarke
What is the most recomended free security software for vista
October 19th 09 06:21 AM
by slarke Go to last post
0 197
removing RecycleBin and system Volume Information Folders by moonlight
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to remove $RECYCLE.BIN and system Volume Information Folders in my D drive? i think i got this from USB and its some sort of virus coz i am not able to delete it! +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: problem.jpg | |Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6795...
October 19th 09 04:32 AM
by shyam_narik Go to last post
5 269
MS Security Essentials by t-4-2[_99_]
Vista Home premium SP2, IE8, WLM I have Avast! and Spybot Search&Destroy. Would like to hear opinions about MS Security Essentials. If I do decide to install MSSE, do I need to uninstall what I have ? t-4-2
October 18th 09 04:14 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
0 199
After Joining Domain, Local Service Cannot Start Firewall by W[_2_]
After we joined a Vista box to a Windows 2003 domain, suddenly on reboot Windows Firewall cannot start. The EventViewer log indicates that the LOCAL SERVICE user does not have "some permission" that it needs to start this service. Can someone summarize which User Settings need to include LOCAL SERVICE in Security Policy in order for it to be enabled to start the Windows Firewall...
October 17th 09 05:36 AM
by W[_2_] Go to last post
0 224
After Joining Domain, Local Service Cannot Start Firewall by W[_2_]
After we joined a Vista box to a Windows 2003 domain, suddenly on reboot Windows Firewall cannot start. The EventViewer log indicates that the LOCAL SERVICE user does not have "some permission" that it needs to start this service. Can someone summarize which User Settings need to include LOCAL SERVICE in Security Policy in order for it to be enabled to start the Windows Firewall...
October 17th 09 05:36 AM
by W[_2_] Go to last post
0 164
error code 80073712 by Megabyteme
vista tried to update. All the updates took except for kb954155. I have tried to do the stand alone update and it will not take. I have gone into the datastore and removed the folders in there to try and get it to install with no luck any ideas? -- Megabyteme
October 16th 09 02:10 PM
by Megabyteme Go to last post

From The