Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista 64bit rpeventing file copy by Tony Vrolyk
I sell a program that I wrote in Access and have had a couple customers with 64 bit versions of Windows Vista where if I send them an updated file, via email or download, it appears as though the file has copied over the old version but when they run the program it is still the old version of the program. Is there some underlying copy protection that is preventing me from copying over the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 16th 09 03:09 AM
by Tony Vrolyk Go to last post
20 621
enable the .exe security filter by vind
i disabled the security filter, which asks if you want to run .exe files downloaded from the web, by mistake how do i enable it so that the pop-up message will appear again? ps : i'm not referring to user account control -- vind
October 15th 09 10:58 PM
by vind Go to last post
0 268
enable the .exe security filter by vind
i disabled the security filter, which asks if you want to run .exe files downloaded from the web, by mistake how do i enable it so that the pop-up message will appear again? ps : i'm not referring to user account control -- vind
October 15th 09 10:58 PM
by vind Go to last post
0 252
Probable security breech - how do I fix it? by popalong
Hi Using Vista 64 bit Home Premium, MSE, and Spybot, Yesterday I posted a pic on an eBay forum using this code a href="http://tinypic.com" target="_blank"img src="http://ixx.tinypic.com/image.jpg" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic"/a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 15th 09 12:34 AM
by popalong Go to last post
22 583
windows update error 80070057 by stu
When i try to install windows vista update KB947562 i get an error code 80070057. i do not really know much about this stuff so could someone help me please
October 14th 09 05:34 PM
by MowGreen Go to last post
8 324
Mp scheduled signature update by jublee
Hi All! Trying to set up Windows Defender. Understand the MP Scheduled Scan but what is "MP Scheduled Signature Update" and what is the best way to configue it? Also I have it on my laptop but not on my desktop - is this a problem? Cheers! -- jublee
October 14th 09 02:44 PM
by jublee Go to last post
0 226
Mp scheduled signature update by jublee
Hi All! Trying to set up Windows Defender. Understand the MP Scheduled Scan but what is "MP Scheduled Signature Update" and what is the best way to configue it? Also I have it on my laptop but not on my desktop - is this a problem? Cheers! -- jublee
October 14th 09 02:44 PM
by jublee Go to last post
0 283
Am I being hacked? by rppb
I enter the Tiger Direct sweepstakes and the Lost Treasure sweepstakes.There is a second step to each sweepstakes.You receive an email from each and reply to complete the entry.For the last week I haven't received an email from either to complete the contest.I checked the spam filtered mail from Comcast.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 14th 09 11:03 AM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
21 589
Probable security breech - how do I fix it? by popalong
Hi Using Vista 64 bit Home Premium, MSE, and Spybot, Yesterday I posted a pic on an eBay forum using this code a href="http://tinypic.com" target="_blank"img src="http://ixx.tinypic.com/image.jpg" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic"/a
October 13th 09 07:22 PM
by popalong Go to last post
0 186
Please help with this NTFS question... by LTCstudent
This is a question from my book that me my friend and I are struggling with. ::*A user is assigned Read permission to the NTFS folder C:\ACCOUNTING. They require full access to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS. This can be accomplished by:* :: *A)* not possible
October 13th 09 01:50 AM
by LTCstudent Go to last post
0 180
Categorising Updates. by Schmuksta
Why are the Security Updates for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB??????) categorised as Important when I do not have Office 2007 installed?
October 12th 09 09:24 PM
by MowGreen Go to last post
4 240
Windows 7 / Vista loses local resources when connected to VPN by Alasdair
When connected to a pptp VPN resources on the local domain are inconsistantly available. Previously with XP they were always available even if connected to a VPN. What has changed? Printing: From win 7, I can print to a Lan printer shared on the server (2008) Once connected to a remote VPN (windows 2003 pptp), the print que says "Accessed Denied" when trying to print to the same printer.
October 11th 09 08:22 PM
by Alasdair Go to last post
0 207
Turning Off Windows Defender Real-Time by Uri
hi , yes its normall , it can be disabled at startup like every other program , but like you wrote in your second post , the extra layer of protection sure does not hurt at all !! essentials is even better , get it also , its free http://microsoft-security-essentials.en.softonic.com/ Have a nice day
October 10th 09 05:22 PM
by Antonio López de Santa Anna Go to last post
1 238
Vista 64bit rpeventing file copy by Tony Vrolyk
I sell a program that I wrote in Access and have had a couple customers with 64 bit versions of Windows Vista where if I send them an updated file, via email or download, it appears as though the file has copied over the old version but when they run the program it is still the old version of the program. Is there some underlying copy protection that is preventing me from copying over the...
October 10th 09 02:58 PM
by Tony Vrolyk Go to last post
0 209
Categorising Updates. by Schmuksta
Why are the Security Updates for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB??????) categorised as Important when I do not have Office 2007 installed?
October 10th 09 02:53 PM
by Schmuksta Go to last post
0 225
Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus by Uri
Hi , yes you should , it never ends to amaze me how people do not protect themselfs , they will lock up a car , but a comp , oh no they just refuse .... spend a few bucks and buy a serious program , avast , zonelarm etc , malware is plenty out there , now one had to care about a thousand and one nasty things out there , not just a plain simple virus avg free , okay go for avast free ,...
October 10th 09 01:51 PM
by Uri Go to last post
0 229
seek free online virus scan best suite for Vista by Alberta H K
Seeking free online virus scan, best suited and specifically for Vista. Some popular online free scanners I have been at CA web site are very good. But not for Vista. Thank you.
October 10th 09 01:38 PM
by Uri Go to last post
9 301
Comodo caused very slow boot up and shut down by Lovyan
Vista 64 bit Avira anti-virus 4gb RAM Since installing Comodo 3.0 on my PC is now taking about 15 minutes to shut down and about 10 minutes to boot up. Prior to this a restart took 75 seconds. I think it must be Comodo as uninstalling it fixes the problem. I've unticked the option to run automatically and instead it starts
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 09 03:33 PM
by Jesper Ravn Go to last post
24 1,092
No Start Menu, Taskbar or Desktop Icons. by Richard[_28_]
Hi "PringleBell", When requesting help in a newsgroup, please state your full Windows version, edition and service pack level. You are using Vista, but replying to a message in the Windows XP Help and Support newsgroup. You might find better help in one of the Vista newsgroups where the Vista experts hang out. In your...
October 7th 09 09:52 AM
by Richard[_28_] Go to last post
0 228
Run-time error '75' Path/file access error by catteryman
I have recently installed Vista Ultimate 32 bit on my computer. I also installed my bookeeping software "Cashflow Manager" which I need for my business accounts. I can open the program but when I select to open existing file I get the flag "Run-time error '75 Path/file access error" When I click on "OK" the program closes. I get the same result when I open the program and try to restore a...
October 6th 09 01:06 PM
by monr61 Go to last post

From The