Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
windows certification server with windows vista. by sai
I have an issue with windows certification server with windows vista. I have certification server on windows 2003 service pack1 running. I installed the certificate on windows vista machine. The installed client certificate I can find in personal folder While try to load the certficate I can’t find in the list Can you please help me out? Thanks in advance
March 23rd 07 07:25 PM
by Paul Adare Go to last post
7 219
Webroot Spysweeper by Robert Johnson
Hi, Just wondered if anyone can help me run webroots spysweeper for vista, whilst i can install it ok the separate updater refuses to play ball, any help suggestions gratefully recieved. Thanks In Advance Robert..
March 23rd 07 04:19 PM
by Amrykid Go to last post
4 184
Which rights does a user need to control an windows service? by Olcay
Hi, I want to give a user the right(s) to control an already installed windows service. The user runs an application which start a specific windows service at application startup and stops the windows service when it does close / exit. Back in Windows XP this was working but it looks like, that non-admin users can't control windows services anymore.
March 23rd 07 01:23 PM
by Dave R. Go to last post
2 158
Which AVG file for download manager? by frogliver
I want to configure FlashGet to scan its downloads with AVG. But I don't know which AVG file to use. If I use AVG.exe it just opens the main scanning console when the download is done. Anyone know which AVG file to use so it scans the downloaded file automatically? Thanks Frogman
March 23rd 07 01:10 PM
by frogliver Go to last post
0 166
Password Manager by Ed-D
I know I should probably post this on Symantec's site, but I waited over 5 hours to chat with one of their reps and never got through so I decided to come here. My computer operating XP recently crashed. I've bought a new PC with Vista Premium installed. I installed AVG for virus protection and use Windows Defender for anti-spyware. Before my crash, I used the Norton Password Manager...
March 22nd 07 10:48 PM
by Ed-D Go to last post
3 216
Firewall blocks outbound traffic even if outbound rule exists by Curt
Hello, the Microsoft Vista firewall doesn’t block outbound traffic by default. So all doors are open for keyloggers. Since there is no alternative firewall at this time, I have to use the complicated firewall from Vista. I studied diverse internet pages to get handled the Vista firewall. So I found out that there exists an extended configuration… In this extended configuration I blocked...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 22nd 07 05:08 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
21 568
set Account Lockout policy with Vista Home Premium: how? by mikk
Can you tell me how to set Account Lockout policies with Vista Home Premium? (Vista Home premium hasn't the Group Policy Editor) Account lockout duration Account lockout threshold Reset account lockout counter after
March 22nd 07 02:42 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
3 201
Programs And Features by AshleyRobinson
Hey When you uninstall some thing it brings up a lil pop up sayin are u sure you want ot uninstall this nt here is a lil tick box to click and it says to never c this again tick this some thing along those likns well stupidly i turn it off by accident so when even i unoinstall some thing it never tell me what its doin does any one no how to turn this lil warning feature back ok ? kind...
March 22nd 07 09:10 AM
by AshleyRobinson Go to last post
2 154
ASP.NET Machine password by Paasie
After i tried to get acces to all my folders in Windows Vista (on my own PC at home) I now get a screen asking me for my ASP.NET Machine account password. I also need this to install programs or even to install Windows all again. I have tried the two passwords I always use on my PC but they don't work. How is this possible? Does a system on my PC make it's own passwords? And where does...
March 22nd 07 07:56 AM
by Paasie Go to last post
2 162
Norton Antivirus for Windows Vista by Anghel Eduard
Did you know whay Windows Vista is blocking if you install Norton AntiVirus ? Thanks, Edi
March 22nd 07 02:12 AM
by Vladek Go to last post
8 211
Software Restrictions by Cameron
Hello, I am trying to use the Microsoft Managament Console to apply Group Policy to individual user groups on a local level. All Group Policy settings that I define are applied just fine. However, the Software Restriction Policy settings that I've applied are being ignored. I've taken these steps: Launch Microsoft Management Console (Start Run mmc), Add the Group Policy Object Snap-In...
March 21st 07 11:57 PM
by Cameron Go to last post
1 128
PrtScn of UAC by Tom
I'm writing documentation for end users. How can I do a PrntScn (or capture to the clipboard) the UAC pop-ups?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 07 11:00 PM
by Cameron Go to last post
10 337
Window's Vista Defender's annoying message at task Manager by Dino+
How in the world do you TURN OFF this annoying Defender's messaging saying that it has blocked start up programs etc . . . thanks to fellow Vista users
March 21st 07 10:21 PM
by Mike T Go to last post
5 153
avg antispyware won't update by Robert Johnson
Hi Anyone else getting this problem,when i try to update from the utility i get an error sayong "sorry servers are'nt ready to serve!" could this just be down to high server load .any suggestions ...thankyou in advance
March 21st 07 09:58 PM
by Richard Go to last post
2 150
Windows Vista security event ids by Joe K
I'm trying to understand the change in Windows Vista security events. The event ids for common security events (e.g. 529: unknown name or password) seem to be different. It seems the event ids correlate pretty closely to Windows 2003/2000, but have 4096 added to them (e.g. event 529 in Windows 2000/2003 = event 4625 in Vista). Is there any documentation on this? Joe
March 21st 07 07:08 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 154
server asking VISTA for user name and password by Pat Brown
We have a server asking my VISTA laptop for my user name and password when I try to view the server under Windows Explorer or the desktop Network icon. If I'm on an XP machine I can open the server OK. What setting do I have incorrect in VISTA?
March 21st 07 12:08 PM
by Pat Brown Go to last post
8 168
800700B by leon
Can not download 2 critical updates.. error 800700B... Any Help plz
March 21st 07 10:19 AM
by leon Go to last post
0 199
Anti-virus software (again) by Dino+
I need your expertise . . . please MS Windows expecters . . . WHAT IS THE BEST ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE for VISTA!!!!!????? I have tried McAfee, Norton, and PC-Cillin.
March 21st 07 09:59 AM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
6 162
Security Centre by esox1936
From installing VISTA I have been obtaining the red cross on the security centre icon in spite of updates, and defender being switched on. I was using AVG Antivirus which may not have been recognised by the centre but that has now changed. I have installed Windows Live One Care, trial version, and during the installation AVG was removed bit I am still getting the red cross in the Security...
March 21st 07 03:37 AM
by PeterC@NickelCap Go to last post
3 153
Cant Access Network Resources. Clock Sync errors by Scott Townsend
When I log into my Windows Vista Enterprise Ed PC as Myself (a Domain User) I'm always associated with a LOGON_SERVER that is the same (A Win2000 DC). If I logon with another domain user, it finds a different DC (a Win2003R2 DC). When Authenticated by the Win 2000 DC I cannot access network resources. I get the Following Error: An Error occurred while connecting to Net Resource ...
March 21st 07 02:17 AM
by Mike Luo [MSFT] Go to last post

From The