Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Where is cookies stored in Vista? by Polaris
Hi: Where the cookies are stored in Vista? Thanks in advance! Polaris
October 23rd 06 08:23 PM
by Martin Wallgren Go to last post
4 280
Using VPN on Vista by gaorriss
I've been unable to use a VPN connection to my work computer since I upgraded my home box to Vista. The interface opens but I get a "could not connect to server" pop-up and a "disconnected" message on the VPN page. I have settings the same as I did on XP, but no luck. Any suggestions.
October 23rd 06 06:33 PM
by QBob Go to last post
1 196
remote desktop - single logon by Jens
If I connect with remote desktop to a 2003 Server (terminal server) there a two Login mask and two passwords necessarily remotedesktop - "no TS-Gatewayserver" is activated Build 5728
October 23rd 06 12:28 PM
by Jens Go to last post
0 237
Antivirus Programs by Download Help
Does anyone know any other good antivirus and firewall programs for windows vista except for Windows Oncare Beta 1.5?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 23rd 06 10:58 AM
by Billmc Go to last post
10 651
F-Secure Anti-Virus and Windows Offender by disabled
Why has F-Secure Anti-virus program have a built in Anti Spyware ( Which is designed for Windows Vista) when Windows Vista already has Windows Offender?....Does this not slow down the system when running two Anti-Spyware programs at once?...
October 22nd 06 06:13 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 284
Best AV for Vista #5384 by pippin
brining this older post back again as my current running version of Trend is due to expire 31st Oct. I realise they have issued an extended expiry date with a new beta release but on contact I am told I have to uninstall current and then install the new one. This should be Ok but I then remembered there was another AV outside of Avast (I didn't like this with beta2 as it slowed boot time a...
October 22nd 06 05:21 PM
by pippin Go to last post
2 259
Security Centre says Defender not working - but it is! by Mel_P
This has happened with each install (RC1 and 2x RC2 on same PC). Security centre worked OK initially but after some crash during install (e.g. trying to get Visio 2007 beta to work, the security centre kept telling me the firewall or "malware" was not installed / working - but it was, and up to date. With defender it tried to lad an update - but defender was already up to date. This has...
October 22nd 06 01:31 PM
by Mel_P Go to last post
2 221
save files on root of sys drive by cn
How can I save my word files on root of vista system drive while keeping UAC?
October 22nd 06 05:24 AM
by David J. Craig Go to last post
9 271
Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Security Center by Mel_P
Same problem for me - initially OK, then reports Defender not working and looks for update - let's hope MS resolve this one! -------------- "glawther" wrote: Same problem here. Just started in the last few days. I first noticed that Defender seemed to be having trouble updating definitions, then I started getting SC alerts that Defender was not on, and than I had no virus software.
October 21st 06 05:04 PM
by Mel_P Go to last post
0 228
Vista RC1 Antivirus help by Snadge
Have Microsoft FORCED us to install Trend Micro because they (Trend Micro) are Contractors to Microsoft supplying AV's on thier servers (probably to get price cuts for forcing customers thier way) I tried 3 AV's (Bit Defender 9 and 10 / Kaspersky & AntiVirus Personal) but ALL didnt work and yet the security centre led me to Trend Micro Have any other testers had any other AV's working on...
October 21st 06 05:01 PM
by Mel_P Go to last post
7 441
Security Centre wrongly reports dual antivirus programs by Spirefm
My Security Centre is wrongly reporting that dual antivirus programs are installed and switched OFF - PC-cillin (which WAS installed) & AVG (which IS installed and switched ON). How do I correct this? (I have filed a bug report) Colin
October 21st 06 04:59 PM
by Mel_P Go to last post
6 459
Link problem in Outlook 2007 by iam bennu
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2007 on Vista. When I try to click on a link, I get this message; Has anyone had the same problem? I have just unloaded windows OneCare and think that it might be nexus of the problem. I looked in Outlook at the options for the job of mail folders, and have selected and un-selected the option of deals with disabling web links in email. It has not done any...
October 21st 06 06:53 AM
by iam bennu Go to last post
1 438
Windows Denfender updates by Franklin
How can I install the updates when windows updates does not work?
October 20th 06 06:18 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
4 353
BitLocker - TPM & Multiple PINs by tavis
Can TPM chips support multiple PINs? If so, can BitLocker support multiple PINs with the TPM to secure startup keys? For example, multiple users of a single system could each be assigned a separate PIN. (I know BitLocker can support multiple Startup Keys on USB)
October 20th 06 04:34 PM
by Jamie Hunter [MS] Go to last post
1 378
WLOC is running but Security Center RC1 still reports Avast by SteveC
Says Avast and WLOC are both running, but this isn't so. Avast was uninstalled before WLOC and the program folders are deleted. Also, checked in services.msc and Avast is not running. So this is a bug. How do I go about getting rid of the erroneous message?
October 20th 06 04:01 AM
by SteveC Go to last post
0 259
spyware protection by asphaltsally
Does anyone know: Is there a third party spyware program (like Spy Sweeper) that supports RC1?
October 20th 06 01:16 AM
by Hardhead Go to last post
2 465
WLOC Beta 1.5 for Vista out but won't install on my machine by SteveC
http://ideas.live.com If anyone can install it; let me know. I get an error that one or more components won't install, and then it proceeds to do clean-up and that doesn't finish either. I reboot and same thing. I had version 1.0 when I installed RC1. I uninstalled it afterwards because it no longer worked. I didn't uninstall it before upgrading to RC1 because it didn't flag it as...
October 19th 06 05:04 AM
by SteveC Go to last post
8 415
Firewall rules: how to get list of allow program through firewall? by Manoj Chanchawat, Symantec Corporation.
Hey all, From the given list of all windows firewall, how can we extract the list of firewall rules which give me the exceptions (Program & Port allowed through firewall). How can we diffrentiate between exception firewall rules and other firewall rules. Just for information: 1. the firewall rules can be found out at:...
October 18th 06 07:55 PM
by Steve Riley [MSFT] Go to last post
1 517
One Care Beta 1.5 by Ralphus
Hey, I installed One Care beta on my vista machine. I noticed a issue regarding phishing filter when i use my xbox360's media center. On my vista machine I get a message from One Care about turning phishing on one of the users on my machine. I only have one users setup and guests are off. It's obviously telling me about my Media center running on the xbox360. Once I turn on Phishing it...
October 18th 06 06:04 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 421
No updates by JerzyMarian
I have installed VISTA RC2 Build 5744. Today I noticed that lat update was on 2006-10-09 at 10:45. It was Defender. Is there not new updates since this time? Regards -- JerzyMarian
October 18th 06 11:52 AM
by Peter Go to last post

From The