Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
vpn to poptop not reponding by joe
Hello I have a redhat vpn server. It is a pptp 128bit server. Works with all xp machines. There is one windows 7 machine that is unable to login. The problem goes away after I login to vpn as a diffrent user and the log back as the user havng problems. Does anyone know a solution for this program?
March 23rd 10 04:58 PM
by joe Go to last post
0 312
UAC setting blocking auto run... by Greg[_26_]
Hello, I have an app I created I need to run following a reboot after an installation - and I am using a key in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft \Windows\CurrentVersion\Run path of the registry to start the process. Running the app manually it works (I get a prompt with a warning coming from the UAC). But when run with the registry entry in place after reboot, if the UAC setting is enabled, the...
March 23rd 10 06:48 PM
by FromTheRafters[_3_] Go to last post
2 431
Need opinions on Network Security software by Hank Arnold
I run a network at an upstate Hospice. We are currently using Sophos End Point Security as our AV/firewall/etc. security software. I recently upgrade it to Enterprise Console 4. I'm not thrilled with their handling of the firewall management from the console. Overall, I'm happy with the program, though. We are due for renewing the support contract in November, so I want to start looking at...
March 24th 10 08:37 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post
0 426
Need opinions on Network Security software by Hank Arnold
I run a network at an upstate Hospice. We are currently using Sophos End Point Security as our AV/firewall/etc. security software. I recently upgrade it to Enterprise Console 4. I'm not thrilled with their handling of the firewall management from the console. Overall, I'm happy with the program, though. We are due for renewing the support contract in November, so I want to start looking at...
March 24th 10 08:37 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post
0 329
Cannot load OS after setting up the bitlocker by Hexello
I've runned the preparation tool, it made the new partition, rebooted. Then bitlocked asked me for usb drive to store the keys and encrypted my drive. I've rebooted again and now I can't load my OS. Bootloader waits me to instert the "correct" usb drive and allows me only to reboot or enter recovery mode. When I reboot it still can't see my flash drive. If I enter recovery and it asks me for...
March 24th 10 10:27 AM
by Hexello Go to last post
0 312
no delete by sid vicious
.... i write because i may have a security issue. everytime i delet a file then restart in id redtore. also all my retore points are gone??? -- sid .... i don't ****in' care -- sid
March 25th 10 07:30 PM
by sid vicious Go to last post
0 345
Encrypting Administrator's profile by Kirsten[_2_]
Is there any way to encrypt (EFS or similar) the entire administrator's profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator) so as to prevent a user from login in to the computer if he changes the password with a dos utility? (CIA Commander for example). There's no point in having domain policies if the user can login as the administrator and do whetever he wants with the computer! What...
March 27th 10 12:01 AM
by ITgreybeard Go to last post
6 683
Cannot load OS after setting up the bitlocker by Hexello
I've runned the preparation tool, it made the new partition, rebooted. Then bitlocked asked me for usb drive to store the keys and encrypted my drive. I've rebooted again and now I can't load my OS. Bootloader waits me to instert the "correct" usb drive and allows me only to reboot or enter recovery mode. When I reboot it still can't see my flash drive. If I enter recovery and it asks me for...
March 29th 10 01:42 AM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
2 486
Replacing McAfee AV - Difficult Decision by anon_private[_4_]
McAfee security centre is due to expire. I want to replace it with a good free AV programme I am looking at AVIRA MS Security Essentials AVAST I also have the following on my machine, and they will stay
March 29th 10 11:49 AM
by anon_private[_4_] Go to last post
0 370
Replacing McAfee AV - Difficult Decision by anon_private[_4_]
McAfee security centre is due to expire. I want to replace it with a good free AV programme I am looking at AVIRA MS Security Essentials AVAST I also have the following on my machine, and they will stay
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 31st 10 02:30 AM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
13 833
Program to Tell What Files Are Accessed? by Michael W Ryder
I have been trying for about two months to get one last thing working with a commercial terminal emulator under Vista Business. The program works fine for everything except when trying to transfer files more than once per session. The first transfer works fine but subsequent attempts to transfer have the necessary buttons greyed out. The program works for others under Vista and Windows 7...
March 31st 10 04:06 AM
by Michael W Ryder Go to last post
0 381
error code 800706BA by Gunforhire
I use windows live onecare and it alerted me that some of the updates I needed didnt download. I went to windows update and viewed the update history and found that the windows defender didn't update. It gave me this error code: 800706BA. Does anyone know how to fix this?
March 31st 10 04:55 AM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
6 484
Program to Tell What Files Are Accessed? by Michael W Ryder
I have been trying for about two months to get one last thing working with a commercial terminal emulator under Vista Business. The program works fine for everything except when trying to transfer files more than once per session. The first transfer works fine but subsequent attempts to transfer have the necessary buttons greyed out. The program works for others under Vista and Windows 7...
March 31st 10 11:02 AM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
2 414
Need help : Unable to gain access to a hard disk. by kamma
Hello. I am using Windows vista home basic 32bit Os. I clicked the security tab in the properties dialog box of a hard drive and denied access to it for all users. Later when i opened the same, i could not find the security tab in the properties. But the properties of other hard disks have the security tab. Even being as an admin, i cannot find the security tab. Can anybody suggest me how to...
April 1st 10 11:25 PM
by kamma Go to last post
0 281
Need help : Unable to gain access to a hard disk. by kamma
Hello. I am using Windows vista home basic 32bit Os. I clicked the security tab in the properties dialog box of a hard drive and denied access to it for all users. Later when i opened the same, i could not find the security tab in the properties. But the properties of other hard disks have the security tab. Even being as an admin, i cannot find the security tab. Can anybody suggest me how to...
April 1st 10 11:25 PM
by kamma Go to last post
0 497
Firewall by anon_private[_7_]
Hi, Is it possible to interrogate the firewall? Can it be configured? Thanks. Vista 32 bit Home Premium
April 2nd 10 03:23 PM
by anon_private[_7_] Go to last post
0 319
Microsoft Security Essentials - no menu item to open it by Steve
I'm using MS Essentials on Vista home premium. Somehow I have lost the menu item (Start or Control Panel?) to start it. Security Center reports that Essentials is running, but I cannot start a scan. All attempts at reinstalling Essentials have failed. (I used to use AVG, but after an unwanted upgrade to V9, the PC became unuseable due to AVG processes taking all the processor...
April 3rd 10 05:27 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 290
Antivirus plus by stoptheantivirusplus
I was on my myspace the other day then it started freezing and it wouldnt let me get back on internet explorer. A thing called Antivirus Plus poped uo on my screen telling me i have a trojan virus. I recently have heard about this trojan virus and it infects your hole system is what i heard so stupid me i downloaded the antivirus plus to get rid of the trojan virus. Now I found out from one...
April 3rd 10 09:46 AM
by JKBFaith Go to last post
6 607
Microsoft Security Essentials - no menu item to open it by Steve
I'm using MS Essentials on Vista home premium. Somehow I have lost the menu item (Start or Control Panel?) to start it. Security Center reports that Essentials is running, but I cannot start a scan. All attempts at reinstalling Essentials have failed. (I used to use AVG, but after an unwanted upgrade to V9, the PC became unuseable due to AVG processes taking all the processor...
April 3rd 10 12:51 PM
by rhlhamlet Go to last post
4 420
Firewall by anon_private[_7_]
Hi, Is it possible to interrogate the firewall? Can it be configured? Thanks. Vista 32 bit Home Premium
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 10 03:44 PM
by anon_private[_10_] Go to last post

From The