Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
How to uninstall Symantic Antivirus Software? by Neil
Before you answer, here is the problem. I just upgraded my XP Pro to Vista Home Premium. I was running Symantic Antivirus Corporation version 10.1 unknowingly that it was not compatible with Vista. Now, I want to install 10.2 which is compatible but the program will not install. It get a message saying that this version software isn't compatible with Vista which must be wrong. I tried...
March 22nd 11 03:51 AM
by BrianTomlin Go to last post
8 3,501
Error code 0x800700006 by [email protected]
I have Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2. When I go into Control Panel, Default Programs/Stop a Program From Starting at Start up, I get an error message "Application failed to initialize: 0x800700006. The handle is invalid." What does this mean? Thanks
April 4th 13 07:34 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,041
Big Bertha Thing Positive by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing Positive Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs http://www.bigberthathing.com/positive.html Access page JPG 53K Image Astrophysics net ring Access site Newsgroup Reviews including se.vetenskap.astronomi Round photographic plates.
March 22nd 11 07:12 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 1,397
can a key logger program steal admin password when you install program from limited user account by [email protected]
I have admin and limited user account on my PC. I always run in limited user account, except when installing program and doing other system maintenance work. In limited user account, when I install a program, it will pop up a dialog to ask for admin password. Suppose that under limited user account, I by mistake downloaded virus/trojan, can this virus/trojan/key logger steal the admin password...
February 21st 11 10:58 PM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
2 952
can a key logger program steal admin password when you install program from limited user account by [email protected]
I have admin and limited user account on my PC. I always run in limited user account, except when installing program and doing other system maintenance work. In limited user account, when I install a program, it will pop up a dialog to ask for admin password. Suppose that under limited user account, I by mistake downloaded virus/trojan, can this virus/trojan/key logger steal the admin password...
February 21st 11 02:39 PM
by FromTheRafters[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,007
Which is the best antivirus for Vista? by lisasctt4
Hey.I've got an Acer Aspire One netbook ( Acer Aspire One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) and I use it a lot to write (cause i'm a writer) but I usually surf on the internet too. The problem is that I don't have an antivirus. Do you know a good antivirus for me? Can I download it for free? Thanks for your time! :)
October 9th 11 11:35 PM
by lisasctt4 Go to last post
0 1,960
free security software? by slarke
What is the most recomended free security software for vista
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 23rd 11 02:59 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP[_2_] Go to last post
20 3,970
Help! by Eienaoi
Alright so I've been completely perplexed here. I run Windows Vista on~ AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz ATI Radeon X1250 2GB RAM and I work as a 3D Modeler. I use alot of programs such as Torque Game Builder and 3Ds MAX. Now I've disabled UAC and Windows Defender and the problem still persists. When I'm running say 3Ds MAX (happens with most of my developer...
May 20th 11 12:09 PM
by michael green Go to last post
3 1,483
Smartcard logging - No valid certificates found by AlexZamora
Hi, Im trying to log on to VISTA throug smartcard and when the windows validate the credentials display this error: "No valid certificates found. check that the card is inserted correctly and fits tighly" Do you kno why? In Win XP I don't have problemas to logging throug smartcard.
March 5th 11 02:26 PM
by Daniel Graham Go to last post
5 1,241
Cannot delete file on USB HD by dratner
I am re-using a USB drive, previously on my XP PC, On my new Vista PC. There are several old files on it, created by the XP PC, that Vista will not let me delete. I removed the "read only" attribute, went to security and made sure I had all administrative rights. The file folders have 25 or so number filenames. In the folder is a file called "update". It may be a Microsoft file. How...
April 21st 11 10:45 AM
by fernando liary Go to last post
4 1,487
Can't open .msg and .eml attachments in Outlook 2003 by Duane
Have Vista Home Premium on new computer. Since transferring my Office 2003 SB Suite, I can not open attachments. This includes file types such as above that are not on the list of forbidden file types. I can save them and turn them into objects in word, but they are mostly a mess- hex code with some english, no formatting. I've added the Level1 parameter to my registry with these...
April 18th 13 06:51 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 2,891
CardAuthenticateChallenge; How To by [email protected]
Hello All, I'm puzzled why there is virtually no documentation on how to compute the response from CardGetChallenge to CardAuthenticateChallenge. Can someone give a code sample on how to achieve this? If not, a forum, online article or book that I can use? Thanks in advance - Rashad Rivera
April 12th 15 04:05 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 3,094

From The