Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
.Net 1.1 moved to Windows Server 2008 Enterprise does not work for regular users, but works for Admins by LVP
Hello, I know this is not the right user group but I am really stuck and need direction I moved my .Net 1.1 desktop application to Windows 2008 Server and it only works for Administrators and not regular users. It has to do with access to Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement, maybe, or maybe not, I think When we installed Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement we did
March 24th 08 01:51 PM
by LVP Go to last post
4 260
.NET FRAMEWORK KB929729 by farbuncle
Is MS going to do anything about this rouge update. It will not install. I have turned off auto update. How do I get rid of this thing?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 07 03:08 AM
by RENEE Go to last post
12 322
.swf attachments by Dave T.[_2_]
I recieved an attachment in an email from a relative which I have verified she did send, but IE7 won't let me open it. It is a .swf format which should open in flash or shockwave. All I get in IE is a blank page, and at the bottom left of the page is a yellow icon with a red exclation point on it. Does this mean that it contains something malicious, or is IE just being cautious? How do I get...
March 4th 08 10:47 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
0 246
0x80070035 The network path was not found by Murphy Wong
Dear all, I have Windows XP & Vista machiens connecting to a Windows 2003 Domain. Network drives are mapped to users using login scripts. However, a file system shared from a Linux Samba always disconnected automatically after a while on the Vista machines. If trying manual connection, an error "0x80070035 The network path was not found" will be displayed. Is is a problem on the Vista? ...
January 3rd 08 06:02 AM
by Murphy Wong Go to last post
0 169
0xc000007b by CarbonMonoxide
Whenever I try to open msn, i get that error message, whats going on? -- CarbonMonoxide http://carbonmonoxidemusic.myfastforum.org/index.php
April 17th 09 03:56 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 233
1.0 Scheduler in Vista? by Comcast
Is there a way to use the 1.0 Scheduler ITaskService in Vista? My app can create the task, but the triggers are not created. Is there something I can do to get it to create the triggers? Thanks, Steve
October 12th 06 05:52 PM
by Comcast Go to last post
1 597
2 antivirus installed (AVG & Avast) by PEF
Hello community Is it valid to install 2 antivirus instead of one? in this specific case AVG and AVAST, will they work well together? or will inhibit? Regards PEF
March 18th 08 03:26 AM
by JohnDavid Go to last post
6 286
2 Icon for every user by A-B-C
Hi, My Vista computer logon shows 2 icons for every user e.g. 2 icons for Admin, 2 icons or User-A and 2 Icons for user User-B (only one account was created for all of them). When I switch users, it also shows 2 icons for user-A are logged on. Is there a fix for this? Cheers
October 15th 07 12:20 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 155
2 Strange UAC quirks by Arthur Dent
Okay... so i'm running with UAC enabled now (actually always was, just changed from no-prompt to prompt)... Now, i have two funny little quirks to pick on, and maybe someone knows why, or how to fix these. 1st, just a silly quirk. ... I have two shortcuts - one to Sql Server 2005 Management Console, and one to PL/SQL Developer (an ORACLE developer tool). Both programs have problems when...
May 15th 07 06:44 AM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
3 131
2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with WindowsVista SP1 and Windows XP SP3 by larryinaz
2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3 I have deleted all of the old 2007 and new 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security virus software from my computer, because of the multiple alert messages, that I was having with their new 2008 upgraded software. If the Trend Micro Personal Firewall and the Unauthorized Changes Prevention features main...
May 19th 08 01:58 PM
by dacoty Go to last post
2 290
2nd backup, not 1st (again) by Paul H
I purchased a new laptop with Vista Home Premium, moved my files from my old XP Pro to it, installed the programs I use, then did a backup to DVD (more than one - not a quick process). Now when I tried to do another backup, it said this is the first time so it will back up everything (again???). Why won't it just figure out what changed since the first time I did a backup, a few weeks ago....
April 22nd 07 07:13 PM
by Kirk Go to last post
6 187
3days left HELP-PLEASE -- For Microsoft One Care ENGLISH v2 by Joha
About OneCare Activation Impossible from CH - Microsoft onecare ENG international shipping Hello, In May our family got each(4) a computer, and I did straight on install on them the trial version of One care (best of all antiviruses for my tase and experience); with intend to update on begining of August (then 12 days left) by buying 2 of these, in ENGLISH from...
August 18th 08 04:55 AM
by midway64[_2_] Go to last post
5 261
3rd party security w/ MS defender + firewal by eeh
My new Dell came with Trend Micro Security Suite 14. Don't know why it's called that, looks like Trend Micro Suite 2007. Anyway, now that I've upgraded to Home Premium that has MS Defender plus a 2way firewall, what should I leave running. I know to only run 1 firewall, but which one? Should I leave Defender and the TM Suite both running in background protecting the same...
March 8th 07 12:38 AM
by mbobh767 Go to last post
3 162
5536: Run CMD prompt as admin issue by Paul Russell
anyone else seeing the command prompt shell item not being able to "run as admin" .. .b asically it willl not kick up UAC prompting ..
September 3rd 06 05:48 PM
by Tony Hoyle Go to last post
3 517
61 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 73258 by r4idsi r4i
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com
April 11th 09 08:48 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 218
64 bit Antivirus by JBfooot
I've tried to install both the newest Norton and One Care and get the message that they do not support this version of Windows. I'm running the 64 bit version of Vista. Any thoughts? Thanks.
February 12th 07 01:41 AM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
3 129
64 bit programs by floepke
i hope it will go faster than today with the 64 bit software and not only for the 32 bit software ,now its allmost averything for 32 bits software and olmost nothing for 64 bit ! also the security software for the 64 bit vista is now almost nothing ..............!
February 8th 07 06:49 AM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 127
71 R4i Dsi, Drivers Firmware, R4 Dsi nintendo Dsi 83598 by r4idsi r4i
Firmware - Driver para R4i Dsi, R4 Dsi. Nintendo Dsi. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 saludos J.afX&m@R^@=tYOxJgYBNkxsm
April 11th 09 07:43 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 226
800700B by leon
Can not download 2 critical updates.. error 800700B... Any Help plz
March 21st 07 10:19 AM
by leon Go to last post
0 199
8download by [email protected]