Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
to@@@lgyys by Dion Lee
Hi igyys and everyone else with the same norton bloodhound problem.The problem is norton!,its a crap antivirus full stop! ,I had same type of crap with norton! .But found a solution to this...For start...You need a better antivirus like trend or CA ect.. but not norton.How ever the blood hound Exploit?..this is the blood hound settings in the norton.you can adjust em.To have more or less....
February 24th 09 05:18 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 369
Uninstalling AVG by Lisa[_5_]
I'm currently running the free version of AVG and I'm switching to Kasperkey. While uninstalling AVG, I'm being asked if I want to remove what is currently in my AVG vault. There are virus and trojans quarantined in the vault. What should I do?
February 24th 09 03:24 PM
by Lisa[_5_] Go to last post
2 273
Windows Defender "MpTelemetry"? by sanderl[_2_]
I never notice when it happens, but when I watch my list of reported problems (in configuration, don't know the english name) I see: Windows Defender Command Line Utility MpTelemetry (+ date + the message that there is no solution for it) followed by: Probleem met handtekening Naam van probleemgebeurtenis: MpTelemetry Probleemhandtekening 01: 8024402c
February 24th 09 12:10 PM
by juliet Go to last post
5 384
Disabling Windows Resource Protection by jblz1234
We currently send an alert when Windows File Protection is diabled on Win2k and 2k3, I wanted to know if there was an alert and what it is when Windows Resource Protection is disabled in Server 2008 and Vista. AND how to disable WRP for testing purposes. Is it possible to disable WRP?
February 24th 09 08:08 AM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
7 299
smart card PIN (Credential) delegation accross the processes (non by Amit Goel [SafeNet Inc]
Hi, Is there any way or setting(s) to delegate(s) the Smart card credentials (smart card pin) across the processes on local machine? The scenario is, 1. User inserts a smart card for windows logon. Press Ctrl + Alt+Del 2. Select certificate tile. 3. User enter the pin and successfully gets log-in by using smart card credentials
February 24th 09 06:44 AM
by Amit Goel [SafeNet Inc] Go to last post
0 239
Windows Defender by Richard Brown
Since I posted question on how to reinstall Windows Defender and reading all the problems that are associated with it, I am now glad it is disabled. I have Norton Internet Security on Windows Vista Home Premium and as soon as Windows Defender was disabled , I recieved two pop ups for Norton taking over the responsibilities of Windows Defender. Since then I have not had any of the problems...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 09 01:42 AM
by SIW2 Go to last post
14 465
how to get permission for Shell.Application in JScript in local files (file://...html)? by Jeff[_17_]
When I try to use Shell.Application, e.g. var objShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application"); objShell.TrayProperties(); in JScript an html file on a local disk (accessed by file: instead of by http:), I get a JScript error "permission denied". I tried changing the security setting for "Local intranet" to Low, but that didn't make any difference. I tried putting the file...
February 23rd 09 08:45 PM
by Jeff[_17_] Go to last post
1 289
Zonealarm and Vista by Zeitzeuge
Zonelabs Zonealarm firewalls on XP-systems delivers a constant flow of blocked attempts to access the computer. Another computer with windows vista also uses Zonealarm but the there are absolutely no blocked attemps listed in the log-windows. What's the reason: Is the firewall badly installed or does vista block the attemps before the firewall does so...? Thanks -- Gerhard Felsing
February 23rd 09 05:04 PM
by Zeitzeuge Go to last post
2 368
Group Policy Editor HELP :] by Emily Lavey
Hello... I have a problem with this. i am trying to open Group Policy editor and i cant. i have done it the quick mode and also in administrative tools edit group policy and it appears this message : ''MMC cannot open the file C:\Windows\System32\gpedit.msc. This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. this may also be because you...
February 20th 09 12:58 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 313
EFS UI Application has stopped working by Matthew
Randomly when I am using my computer, I get the following error: "EFS UI Application has stopped working". A screenshot is located he http://tinyurl.com/dxnkrp. Contact me if you need more information.
February 19th 09 11:22 PM
by m Go to last post
5 263
IE 7 Protected Mode stays Off by Victek
I'm having a problem where I can't turn On protected mode in IE 7. UAC is On, and protected mode is checked in the internet options security zones settings. Any suggestions as to what I should look at?
February 19th 09 10:53 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
7 276
VPN only. If vpn-off, then block all traffic connecton. by mrdani
hi folks / Hello Forum, can find an answer for my question since weeks. Maybe you ppl can help me out?: -I want that my traffic goes over VPN *only.* I mean, if the VPN is OFF, then internet traffic connections should be blocked.- So it does not connect anywhere without the VPN. (I use vista to connect to the VPN (pptp)).
February 18th 09 03:36 AM
by Alun Jones Go to last post
1 271
hide real e-mail address by t-4-2[_99_]
Not sure where to post this question. WLM 14v. My alumni group website received an anonymous letter with invalid (fake ) address. This alumni group site is Membership Only. Members must provide valid e-mail addresses and nobody is to send messages to the group without membership and valid acknowledged address. So, my question is, how did this happen ? How did the message get through, and how...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 17th 09 12:48 PM
by FromTheRafters[_2_] Go to last post
22 674
Using VB6 PDW & Deploying with "WinZip Self Extractor", I need toinstall in a way that software Runs as Administrator for Vista. by viglen
Hi, I'm using VB6 PDW and Deploying the installation files with "WinZip Self Extractor". I noticed that the "WinZip Self Extractor" has a wonderful feature of starting and running the "setup.exe" of the installation in Vista as a Administrator, if you wish to choose this option. I really need my software to install and run as an administrator in my
February 16th 09 08:39 AM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
1 273
Adware and Malware by babybels71
Hi, since my son downloaded Windows Messenger Plus and and another add-on for emoticons e.t.c, my laptop has been inundated with spyware and other malware, I have free AVG which i normally find excellent but to no avail..... Also I am unable to download any of the recommended Windows Updates, I keep getting error codes like this:- *Windows Update error code 80246005*
February 15th 09 07:32 PM
by any1have1 Go to last post
3 285
Erisson FREE Laptop by Eudoneia
Ericsson is distributing free laptops for their brand promotion. They hope to increase their popularity and sale by this campaign. All you need to do is send an email about this promotion to 8 people and you will receive an Ericsson T18 Laptop. However, if you send an email to 20 or more people, you will receive an Ericsson R320 Laptop. Make sure you cc to Anna at Ericsson so that she will...
February 15th 09 05:21 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
3 273
Bloodhound.Exploit.13 by @@@lgyys
Hi I have Vista Home Premium with Norton Internet Security.I downloaded Samsung PC Studio software to transfer my pictures from the phone to the computer.I can open them,watch(on WPG) ,but if i want to edit-can't save the changes: The table come's up: auto block have blocked Bloodhound.Exploit.13. Any scans doesn't find anything. Pictures on the computer and new pictures what i do transfer from...
February 14th 09 11:35 PM
by @@@lgyys[_4_] Go to last post
5 298
Good content blocker/site blocker for Vista workstation? by Leythos[_2_]
I have a client with a stand alone vista workstation that would like to block almost all websites from anyone using the laptop. I don't use workstation level products and this is a case outside my normal scope - can anyone recommend a product that allows an Admin to setup permitted sites for "user" level accounts on a vista workstation? -- - Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 14th 09 01:53 PM
by cooldeal Go to last post
22 780
Bloodhound.exploit.13 by TheBrat_75
I'm running Vista Home Premium with Norton. When I run Windows Photo Gallery, I'm getting almost continuous warning that bloodhound.exploit.13 was detected. I get a popup with that message every second or two while the program is running and usually for a while after I close the program. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 09 12:06 PM
by @@@lgyys[_2_] Go to last post
17 577
Windows defender error message during scan by PClinks
During a Windows defender scan i get the error message "0x8050800c" The last successful scan was on 04/02/2009, prior to an new update for Windows defender definitions. This message was displayed every time the scan hit a registry entry for VNC. As I no longer had VNC installed i removed the entry and scan was able to continue past that point. However it now fails at the following reg entry;
February 12th 09 08:52 AM
by Flavius Go to last post

From The