Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Firewall by adewole
Hi there One of the reasons for my intention to upgrade to Vista, is my desire to rid myself of Norton's Internet Security 2006, and it's ccapp.exe problem which seems to have no cure. What i'd like to know, though, is: Will Vista meet my security needs, more or less, as NIS 2006 would? Will Vista cause the same degradation in Broadband speed, as NIS seems to do? Thanks. ade
March 14th 07 01:21 AM
by Kirk Go to last post
4 149
Phishing of Sites: by ADH
I belong to an Ancestral family site where there is a quiz. It takes up to a minute for the Phishing filter to check out sites. When I copy the address and go to Tools-Internet Options-Trusted sites and enter the address in most times it is already entered there as a trusted site. Why does it take so long to get an answer. There are four questions and answers to those questions. It is taking...
December 23rd 07 01:51 AM
by ADH Go to last post
1 218
Hpw to stop FanBox sending spam to my e-mail by adilsiv
Hi Guys, Recentyl I have received a notification e-mail from a known friend "do you want you to be my friend on this community site,even without had a second thought I clicked on it. Now I am in great trouble everyday at least 3 spams are coming to my public e-mail address. How can i stop it?
March 3rd 10 11:46 AM
by adilsiv Go to last post
0 307
File transfer messenger live Vista RC2 RTM build 6000 by adonis-dk
HELLO hvem i transfer by MSN and i recieve files thy get blocked, i tryed the help function but it just helps me to unblock attached files send by mail, no messenger help please help me now.
November 20th 06 03:56 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
2 161
Win32/zlob by Adrian
When I got on my PC this morning I got a message from Windows Defender saying that it detected Win32/zlob on my system. I clicked remove and about a minute later I was instructed to restart for the removal to become permanent. After reboot I again got the message that it detected thw trojan. I then decided to scan with ny Trend Micro Antiviruus, but that software didn't detect it at all. The...
March 20th 07 02:42 AM
by Kirk Go to last post
1 186
GPO - Removable Storage Access (Bypass) by AdrianSa
Escenario: - Active Directory Domain - Pc whit Winddows Vista (for this example Bussiness) - Config. a GPO (Computer and User config) Administrative Templates \ System \ Removable Storage Access
April 20th 07 12:42 AM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 166
Simple File Sharing in Vista Versions? by advent6
Does Vista home premium version implement simple file sharing? I want to be sure to get a version that uses "real" security, instead of the simple file sharing junk that is in XP Home. Thank you for your help!
December 23rd 06 02:01 PM
by advent6 Go to last post
0 134
How can I retreive or reset my user logon info? by Advice Pro
My PC won't boot neither normally or in safe mode and It won't repair itself, but I've found that if I press F8 after a restart, I can then select the option to repair and I getting System Recovery Options that ask for the user login. Either I don't have my user login info or it won't be accepted. I have the Gateway disc that came with my PC. I also have discs created at Best Buy, 'Gateway...
November 25th 09 08:18 PM
by sHaDoW8585 Go to last post
1 309
Can not input Admin password when prompted by UAC by aermgc
Long story short, I reduced the only account I originally created, which was the admin account, to a regular user account. I then had to go into safe mode to restore this account back to administrator. Now when I try to run an app, UAC prompts me to provide admin password only there isn't a field provided for me to input the password. This happens when using the regular user account and...
November 13th 07 03:33 PM
by aermgc Go to last post
3 146
Customizing User Accounts by Aetherial
I need to set up a user in Vista with less permission than the standard user account. For example, I don't want the user to be able to create ANY files outside of the profile. I don't want the user to be able to change the wallpaper or the screen saver. I need to limit the user's access to the Control Panel more than usual. Etcetera, etcetera. How can I customize the account in this way?
June 15th 07 05:16 AM
by David Dickinson Go to last post
3 113
Windows defender by aewdw
My new computer came with Windows vista and it is running Windows defender. When ever it comes on (defender) it makes everything run very slow and it also runs forever. The scan started last night at 09:18pm and it is still running now at 05:04pm. So it has been going for almost 20 hours. This is not normal is it? What can I do to fix it. I really am not computer literate. TIA
May 31st 07 01:33 PM
by aewdw Go to last post
5 122
Windows defender problem by AFmodelboy23
Firstly, I've read the other prompts on what to do with the common windows defender problem. perhaps I'm not up to speed on command prompting, but I literally write letter for letter what you guys want us to write and it keeps saying "error syntax..etc" In addition to the problem I'm having that everyone else is having with defender (by the way, I've had this setup for 6 months..with no...
December 20th 07 01:05 AM
by Engel Go to last post
1 128
Audio/Visual problem associated with IE Defender Issues? by AFmodelboy23
What the hell has happened to my computer is the last 24 hours? First, I get the IE defender problem that seems to be plaguing the western world (It says my virus protection is off and won't get updated definitions when I try to turn it back on)..so i run these command prompts as administrator...now all of a sudden, none of my videos and/or music work. In fact, I can't even stream audio from...
December 20th 07 07:10 PM
by Malke Go to last post
2 140
Removing An Update by AGB
Hi, I Just Installed These Updates with "/quiet /norestart" Switches & Then Restarted my computer Windows6.0-KB905866-v15-x86.msu Windows6.0-KB941644-x86.msu Windows6.0-KB943302-x86.msu Windows6.0-KB943411-x86.msu Windows6.0-KB943899-x86.msu
January 12th 08 10:20 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 165
lsass by Agostino
In windows Vista I was used to see the local security subsystem process (LSASS.EXE). In Vista i can't see it anymore. Where is it? Thanks in advance Agostino
August 6th 08 02:58 PM
by Steve Riley [MSFT] Go to last post
5 249
Windows Firewall was unable to notify the user by ahelp
Hi, I'm running Vista Ultimate on a homebuilt PC. I've been having trouble with it locking up. When I check the event log, there is an error at the time of the lock-up: "Windows Firewall was unable to notify the user that it blocked an application from accepting incoming connections on the network." Event ID: 5032. In the firewall settings, "Notify me when WF blocks a new program" is...
January 23rd 08 02:28 AM
by CB Go to last post
1 162
InternetSetOption on Vista IE7 by Ahmad Jalil Qarshi
Hi, I have to create a plugin for IE7 on Windows Vista. This plugin will change the proxy settings of IE7. Now I have found that the problem with this plugin is that proxy cannot be set by registry or InternetSetOption while in protected mode. Is there any way around this. Thanks in anticipation. Regards,
July 9th 07 04:32 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
1 112
Forcing programs to run with standard user privileges by ainkami
How do I prevent Vista from asking for privilege escalation, and just force a program to run with standard user privileges? Are there any ways within Vista that will allow this? If not, I have heard that editing the RunAsInvoker value associated with the .exe file will accomplish this. Are there any programs out there that can do so? -- ainkami
February 16th 08 07:30 PM
by Barry Haertel Go to last post
5 221
Printing MSAT results by AIOE
I downloaded and installed the last version of the Microsoft Security Assessment Tool (my system Vista Premium), but I can't print the results (simply, the print doesn't start), nor save them (there is only an empty mht file after saving). Moreover, when I try to select the result to paste it in a program, the selection is not copied. Some suggestions? Thanks. Giovanni
January 2nd 08 11:40 AM
by AIOE Go to last post
0 155
About Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) by À±õ
Hello: I find the Cryptography API: Next Generation (CNG) in vista,and it only support by vista on now.If We want support the CNG,if we should implement the api? and sign in ms.just like csp before.who know more about cng?can you explain to me. lih
November 13th 07 11:49 PM
by James Matthews Go to last post

From The