Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Malware Protection issues in Security Center by bazza
Hi, I'm having some issues with the Malware Protection in Security Center. First, any of the anti-virus programs I've installed are detected by the "Security Centre". I am using MacAfee. Second, I can't turn on Windows Defender in the Security Center. When I try to activate it, he searches for any available update. Once he detects it is up to date, a warning message window pops-up and...
April 3rd 07 02:56 PM
by bazza Go to last post
0 223
Parental Controls by Byron
I have the reverse problem to fanny. I have a 15 year old son who I trust and want to have administrator access so he can load software etc etc. However I want to restrict him from the worst of the internet. I could do this with XP and Norton Internet Security. Vista & OneCare however won't let me do it. I make him a standard user just to control internet, and every 5 minutes he's asking me...
April 3rd 07 05:07 PM
by Jim Hubbard Go to last post
3 218
Antivirus programs... by Arash
Hi I have vista home, I had instaled Norman antivirus for about one week ago, then i reinstalled and removed this program, and bought Norton antivirus, but i have a problem, in controlpanel the security page it says I have 2 antiviruses, and bouth are on.... help? how do I remove the first one, or set it off? for i have removed it:S
April 3rd 07 06:52 PM
by Arash Go to last post
0 225
Window Vista load very slow after Security Update (KB925902). by GT
after Security Update (KB925902) was installed manually by me Window Vista now load very slowly and my monitor turns off for like a 3-4 second. This problem happen after installing Security Update (KB925902), This update resolves vulnerabilities in GDI that could allow remote code execution. What could be causing this? is it possible that this update has some kind of conflict on Ati Catalyst...
April 3rd 07 07:12 PM
by GT Go to last post
0 264
OCSP Responder (OCSP server configuration) in Windows Vista by Atiq UR Rahman Chaudhary
Hi, is there any body able to guide - PKI enhauncements in windows vista. - I heard Microsoft provided built-in OCSP responder / Server in windows Vista, is it correct? If yes which windows Vista version contains OCSP server (in windows Vista ultimate or windows Vista business ...)? - How to configure/manage OCSP responder (OCSP Server) in...
April 3rd 07 07:24 PM
by Paul Adare Go to last post
7 312
Free Anti-Virus Flash Drive for Vista by Just FYI
Interesting offer... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2968667&sku=CA07-3150&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1331BB (Not a spam, I'm not involved with any of the vendors. This is just an FYI).
April 4th 07 02:46 AM
by Carl G Go to last post
6 323
streaming media problems with UAC by Vista newbie
Hi, I recently bought Vista Premium. I am the admin on my computer. I have a subscription to Vongo. When I try and run the program, it tells me 'an unidentified program wants to access your computer'. I click allow, I trust the program. The application comes up but when I try and access content, it gives 'unexpected error during streaming' I know this is as I was able to successfully...
April 4th 07 04:56 AM
by Vista newbie Go to last post
0 259
Web-chat (04/11/2007): EAPHost and EAP-Methods in Windows Vista and Longhorn by Ambrish Verma
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:00 - 4:00 P.M. Pacific Time (UTC - 7 hours-usually April-late Oct) 6:00 - 7:00 P.M. Eastern Time 22:00 - 23:00 GMT Join the chat room on the day of the chat: TechNet: www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/chatroom.aspx Join Microsoft Experts for an Online Chat!
April 4th 07 07:10 AM
by Ambrish Verma Go to last post
0 235
Restarting a Windows Service with C# under Vista when User Account Control is Enabled by gourmet
Hello! I need to restart the "Windows Audio Service" (audiosrv) via C#. I'm using the ServiceController Class to do this. It is no problem under XP and no problem under vista if UAC is disabled. But with enabled UAC i'm getting a "access refused" exception. I also tried to do it via console with "net start ..." but the same error appears. Three questions:
April 4th 07 09:52 AM
by gourmet Go to last post
3 252
VRML+JAVA by Ezequiel Roberto Zorzal
I need to work with vrml (executed by means of the Cortona in the Internet to explorer) and Java together, this resource this available one in the vrml, pra to be able to distribute applications vrml by means of the RMI. Already I carried through all necessary configurations as to install the Virtual Machine of the Microsoft, to copy classroom vrml for the correct directory, to configure the...
April 4th 07 04:24 PM
by Ezequiel Roberto Zorzal Go to last post
0 255
Copmusec free on vista by Przemo-c
I was using XP and compusec free full disk encryption worked like a charm. Ive decrypted whole drive installed vista installed compusec on vista with encryption keys on xp and encypted drive under vista and XP (i needed to reboot) everything looked ok. On xp drives were fine. On vista 2 primary partitions were fine but extended partition looked like it's empty. no volumes on it. but when i...
April 4th 07 08:07 PM
by Przemo-c Go to last post
0 232
Help on installing Certificates in Vista IE7 by Chris Peikert
Our mail server requires a certificate to be installed in order to access the mail through the web. When I pull up the address it ask if I want to continue to the site. I say yes. Then it flashes red at the top and shows the word CERTIFICATE in red. I click on it and click VIEW but it doesnt give me the option to install it. I then put the website in the Trusted Domains group under the...
April 4th 07 10:43 PM
by Paul Adare Go to last post
9 273
Live Onecare/ IE security bar issue of ActiveX control. by FunJester
OS Vista/ I use either MSN explorer or IE7.. I click on the bar and select run, then Live Onecare has to be installed, i install it, then it tells me to lauch Live onecare, so after i hit the launch button is when i get the bar that says "your web browser has blocked this site from using an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner, this page may not display correctly" Thats the part I don't get....
April 5th 07 12:36 AM
by FunJester Go to last post
1 241
Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification - April 2007 by Donna Buenaventura
On Tuesday 3 April 2007 Microsoft is planning to release: Security Updates * One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates will require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 07 12:59 AM
by PA Bear Go to last post
19 368
Delete Bitlocker Partition? by willbost
I tried to install Bitlocker on my laptop but it gave me an error message about not having TPM. I have seen the solution to use without TPM, but I do not want to be tied to a usb key. I also saw another post here that said to use Disk Managment to delete the partition that Bitlocker created. However, the option to format or delete this partition are grayed out and are not available....
April 5th 07 03:12 AM
by hitman Go to last post
5 189
Reclaiming partition 'S' by hitman
I ran the bitlocker tool but I don't want to use it after all. how would I go about reclaiming partition 'S'? thanks.
April 5th 07 04:14 AM
by hitman Go to last post
1 178
BitLocker reports "an error occurred" during login by Matthew Sawyer
This past week, I've noticed that when I log in, Windows reports an error in the system tray via a tooltip. The tooltip's title is "an error occurred" and the descriptive text indicates that errors were detected on the disk and that chkdsk should be run. I ran chkdsk /f on my C drive, and the next time it rebooted, it indicated that no errors were detected. Still, each time I boot up, this...
April 5th 07 01:34 PM
by Matthew Sawyer Go to last post
0 161
Trojan and Keylogger immediately after install by Young Mandy
Immediately after I install Vista Business (before I connect to the internet) one of my spyware checkers (XSOFT) finds two problems:- 1 PCTattletate File Keylogger C:\Windows\System32\winload.exe SEVERE RISK 2 Troj/Agent Host File Item Trojan local host Severe Risk XSOFT will not allow me to remove these as they are in use???? I have run three other spyware/virus checkers and not one of...
April 5th 07 03:18 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
7 164
Remote installation fails on create subfolder below c:\windows\winsxs by Rolf
My software distribution tool fails because of it is not able to create subfolders below c:\windows\winsxs I saw, that only the group trustedinstaller can create objects here. What is the best pratice here to allow my remote installation tool to create the subfolders needed to run the application. Thanks
April 5th 07 05:25 PM
by Rolf Go to last post
0 152
Enable real Administrator & set password so I can install drivers/software? by Thomas H
Hello everyone, I've always used Windows as a "limited user". When I needed to update drivers, install software, or configure security, I would log in as the local Administrator, perform that work, and log back in as my limited user account. I planned to do the same at home with Vista- but after installing Vista Ultimate, I saw that it disabled the real Administrator account. I created...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 07 05:26 PM
by Jesper Go to last post

From The