Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
About IEGetWriteablefolder by Kenen
Dear All: In the document, I found that we can get a writeable folder using IEGerWriteablefolder with argument FORDERID_InternetCache. But when I call the function, 1411 error occur. And the result showing E_NOTIMPL. I am using the Windows Vista RC1 (v5600-16384) for X86. Is it really not implemented now? Or I made some mistake?
September 17th 06 09:17 AM
by Kenen Go to last post
0 489
About Local Security Policy by Zhang
Now I am using the French Windows Vista. The item of Local Security Policy is in Administrative Tools as usual such as windows 2000 and xp. However, I can find the Local Security Policy in Administrative Tools for Vista. Can someone tell me where it is found? Because I need to adjust some parameters when I use other softwares. Thank you in advance.
May 18th 07 07:12 PM
by New2Vista_789 Go to last post
5 147
about system checker by xiaorun
my driver was reported in security event it is changed, but i check the file is not modified. who can tell me the methos vista to check file by hash can how can i avoid it? thanks!
September 17th 07 09:21 AM
by xiaorun Go to last post
0 253
about the change of antivirus program by stranger
hi i bought a laptop acer aspire 4930g before six months. it previously contained the mcafee antivirus as the security. so i was ok then. now it is asking me to renew the mcafee. but i want to put avg. i can not put avg without uninstalling the mcafee. now i am having trouble deciding that what should i do. which is the better ? can i remove the preinstalled mcafee for avg ? because i am...
May 3rd 09 02:10 PM
by Kikisplace[_2_] Go to last post
6 254
About Windows Defender in Vista by KeJiaLi
Hello everyone. How can I delete Defender fully from windows vista ultimate? I really find it useless for me. thanks very much!
February 14th 07 12:31 AM
by Robert Firth Go to last post
5 141
about:blank by timothyreed
My computer has been taken over by "about:blank." Whenever I log on to IE "about:blank" shows up in the Address Box and then proceeds to open a number of sites that I can't stop, never wanted and have to quickly close before "about:blank" resumes and starts opening more sites. I have a virus program as well as a spyware system monitoring my computer but "about:blank" gets around both of...
August 15th 07 07:49 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
5 139
Accesing system folders on dual boot system by Pedro
It seem i have inadvertantly locked myself out of my xp desktop folder. An explanation: I`am dual booting between XP pro and Vista ultimate, both installed onto primary partitions on a single 500gb hdd(using acronis boot loader to select OS) The problem arose one day when i was trying to access my desktop folder on the XP partition while working in Vista, I recieved the `you do not have
February 2nd 07 07:16 PM
by Pedro Go to last post
0 99
Access 2003 problems opening under Vista Business... by Michael D[_2_]
I have an Access 2003 .mdb file of about 20Mb which has extensive VBA code to help automate the processes. I can use this file in Office 2003 on an XP system just fine. Put the same file on Vista Business running Office 2003 and it has no end of troubles trying to start. The file doesn't have the 'Read-only' attribute set, but it says it has to start in Read-Only mode. Why I don't know. Once...
May 25th 08 12:26 PM
by fyz[_5_] Go to last post
1 208
Access controll on multiple files/folders at once by Chris SSOE
So close to using vista for work but when i tried it, i ran into the 1st problem in less then 10 minutes. Why is there no security tab when right click and go to properties on more then 1 folder at a time. Is there a policy that is doing this? Is there a way around it? Was this done intentionally? Im about o loose my hair and im only 21. Help.
April 5th 08 09:41 PM
by .Joe[_252_] Go to last post
2 284
ACCESS DENIED by clive skinner
i have recently tried to access Documents and Settings but am getting ACCESS DENIED for some reason yet i have done NOTHING to change my admin rights yet there seems to be an option for EVERYONE to access it but admin is not allowed to and it wont let me configure it that way. HELP i have deleted EVERYONE from the properties and tried to revert to normal ADMIN user rights but it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 09 07:57 PM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
13 395
access denied by LarryW
When I try to look at, for instance, All Users/Desktop from the explorer I get an 'access denied'. My account is an Administrator account but I do have UAC enabled. How do I elevate my privileges so that I can 'administer' the files that are on my computer?
February 20th 07 11:29 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
9 152
Access denied by Taxee
I created several new file by exporting out of a program to RTF files. When I attempt to access them, I receive an "Access denied" message. I have gone into the file properties and confirmed that I am the owner of the file and have full control of the files but access is still denied. It's extremely maddening that a file I created and for which Vista states I have full ownership rights...
August 8th 07 11:24 PM
by Taxee Go to last post
8 145
Access Denied (XP and Vista permissions issue) by Vh
So here's my dilemma - I've connected my old Win XP formatted drive to my new Vista system and the device works just fine except for the fact that I cannot access at least half of the file on the volume. I've got music, video, text and web documents that I need to copy over but I can't seem to gain permission to do so no matter what I try. I've disabled UAC for the time being, believing that...
August 22nd 07 04:16 AM
by Blaine S Go to last post
4 194
Access denied as Administrator by Al
New to Vista (Ultimate). Why, when I'm logged in as Administrator, are there folders on the disk that produce an "Access denied" error when I try to browse them? I thought the purpose of the Administrator account was to provide full and complete access to the computer including any folder/file on the disk regardless of creator/owner status. This is new (and very annoying) behavior since XP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 24th 08 06:03 PM
by Nic Go to last post
14 372
Access Denied files and folders by Marilene
This is a Dell laptop, with Vista already installed on it. Not an upgrades. I have searched high and low and cannot figure out how to fix the problem. About a week ago I lost the ability to open files on my home network from another computer with winxp on it. Today I lost the ability to open files on my laptop that were created on my laptop, I keep getting the error "access denied" I don't...
April 29th 09 08:29 PM
by Jim[_49_] Go to last post
3 253
Access Denied for Registry Entries by Rich Bell
I am trying to change permissions for the registry keys associated with Norton Internet Security 2008. Norton technical support wants me to change permissions to allow me to change options from a non-admin account. The keys are owned by System and I am unable to change permissions or to take ownership of these keys. How can I take ownership of System owned keys? I have tried to run Regedit...
November 18th 07 08:16 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
7 187
Access denied in Backup error Code 0x80070005 by JustinG69
When I try backing up from my laptop (Vista) to my PC (XP) I keep getting Access denied error code 0x80070005. I have checked both hard drives to see that sharing is allowed as well as turning both firewalls off. I am now not sure what to do next????
June 24th 09 05:35 AM
by Ric50 Go to last post
3 220
Access denied in registry with regedit by Cuauhtemoc
Hi I need make changes in registry with regedit, but when i try access, appear a message "The administrator blocks registry changes". ¿Can somebody help me? Sorry for my English. Regards
June 29th 07 05:57 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
2 139
access denied in vista 64 bit by oldpaint
Apparently I, logged in as administrator don't have the authority to copy and paste files from one hard drive to another locally on my computer. I have a dual boot system with vista home premium 64 on c: and xp home on E: and I use D: for data files. I have 3 wd raptors in a raid 0 array partitioned roughly in half with vista on one and xp on the other and a separate hd for the data. Vista...
September 15th 07 06:02 AM
by oldpaint Go to last post
0 162
Access denied on file MSVCIRT.DLL when trying to install Software by Urban
Windows Vista Enterprice, working as Admin. Access is denied. (0x80070005) occurs when I try to backup the whole system (1st time, successful). Deleting partition, formatting, same error Thank you for every little hint!
November 26th 07 11:12 AM
by Chinatiger Go to last post

From The