Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Problem with Protected mode on by vhegde
Hi, I have an ActiveX application that intercepts keyboard inputs from the user and responds to certain key combinations. Application is delivered as a signed cab file, that is invoked by a java script from an html page.This works fine when protected mode is turned off in Vista/IE7. But when protected mode is on, i am not able to get the key stokes. Also certain Windows messages do not seem to...
February 5th 10 03:21 AM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
2 442
Problem with Protected mode on by vhegde
Hi, I have an ActiveX application that intercepts keyboard inputs from the user and responds to certain key combinations. Application is delivered as a signed cab file, that is invoked by a java script from an html page.This works fine when protected mode is turned off in Vista/IE7. But when protected mode is on, i am not able to get the key stokes. Also certain Windows messages do not seem to...
February 4th 10 08:58 PM
by vhegde Go to last post
0 254
LockWorkStation and WTSLogoffSession return error code 5 in a Vist by Santosh Panchapakesan
Hi, I have written a service with "requestedExecutionLevel level="highestAvailable" " in the manifest file. In the service I call into LockWorkStation or WTSLogoffSession, which do not seem to be working on Vista. GetLastError to both the functions returns error code 5. Is there anything that I need to do. Please help.
February 4th 10 10:21 AM
by Santosh Panchapakesan Go to last post
0 249
KB978207& SP1 for Vista Fails by Mega t
Hi, I have run into problem with consecutive tries to update Windows Vista automatically and manually with some of the latest patches which constantly fails. Hope someone can provide an suggestion. Thanks in advance. Mega
February 2nd 10 12:18 AM
by Anonymous[_5_] Go to last post
4 369
Smart UAC Replacement 1.0 by Victek
I just discovered a program called "Smart UAC Replacement 1.0". It's supposed to, well, replace regular dumb UAC. I haven't tested it yet and I don't know if it has anything to do with the true UAC mechanism in Vista. FWIW it claims to also work with XP and Windows 2000. I'd be interested to know what others think about this (once you get over the revulsion and disgust g) Here comes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 10 05:53 PM
by Tom Ponta[_2_] Go to last post
18 748
Error Code 737D by Louise[_4_]
Hello Everyone I am having a nervous breakdown due to my Laptop, I am running a genuine copy of Windows Vista Home Edition Premium. For the last month it has been trying to install a update but appear to be failing each time the update it is trying to do is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Park 3 (KB70892) It keeps giving me the error code of 737D, I am only a basic user of a
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 10 02:59 AM
by danafrog Go to last post
10 755
Can I delete a file that is in use by Michelle[_4_]
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks
January 28th 10 12:41 PM
by DreamBrother Go to last post
8 411
KB978207& SP1 for Vista Fails by Mega t
Hi, I have run into problem with consecutive tries to update Windows Vista automatically and manually with some of the latest patches which constantly fails. Hope someone can provide an suggestion. Thanks in advance. Mega
January 28th 10 04:51 AM
by Mega t Go to last post
0 272
Can I delete a file that is in use by Michelle[_4_]
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks
January 27th 10 10:40 PM
by Michelle[_4_] Go to last post
0 228
Bypassing the login screen by PT[_3_]
This is a Windows 7 question, but I’m hoping the answer is the same as for Vista. I'm the sole user of my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 computer. There is no security problem of misuse by others. By default, the Windows 7 file structure has set up as users: All Users Default
January 27th 10 01:24 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
4 405
Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy? by john
Hi, all. I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can not do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to the safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account before. Now I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the window popped up,...
January 26th 10 02:21 PM
by richc46 Go to last post
2 369
Problem with Windows Defender by rppb
I scanned my computer with Windows Defender every day last week and I still get the message you haven't scanned your computer for 9 days.Is there a way to reinstall Windows Defender?It isn't listed in programs and features for Vista.
January 26th 10 09:14 AM
by rppb Go to last post
8 388
My documents opens at start up (after downloading RAR) by psu027
I downloaded a RAR file, and while the file did have the files I wanted it also had an "extra" folder, and when I clicked on it I think it's safe to say it installed something on my computer. I ran Adaware, and Spybot Search and Destroy, and removed what was found, however, at start up "My Documents" still opens every time (sometimes in two windows). Here is the log of HiJack This. Can you guys...
January 26th 10 03:49 AM
by psu027 Go to last post
6 398
My documents opens at start up (after downloading RAR) by psu027
I downloaded a RAR file, and while the file did have the files I wanted it also had an "extra" folder, and when I clicked on it I think it's safe to say it installed something on my computer. I ran Adaware, and Spybot Search and Destroy, and removed what was found, however, at start up "My Documents" still opens every time (sometimes in two windows). Here is the log of HiJack This. Can you guys...
January 26th 10 12:43 AM
by psu027 Go to last post
0 273
Bypassing the login screen by PT[_3_]
This is a Windows 7 question, but I’m hoping the answer is the same as for Vista. I'm the sole user of my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 computer. There is no security problem of misuse by others. By default, the Windows 7 file structure has set up as users: All Users Default
January 25th 10 10:43 PM
by PT[_3_] Go to last post
0 255
Problem with Windows Defender by rppb
I scanned my computer with Windows Defender every day last week and I still get the message you haven't scanned your computer for 9 days.Is there a way to reinstall Windows Defender?It isn't listed in programs and features for Vista.
January 25th 10 09:20 AM
by rppb Go to last post
0 236
How can I block other machines from having access to my computer? by SomeOldGuy
I have a new computer from HP that has Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit installed. Mostly, it seems pretty good. It has been quite stable since initial trouble got ironed out (blue-screened severely, fresh out of the box from day one). Here's my current problem... My daughter came to visit over the holidays and brought her laptop with her. When she connected to my wireless network...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 24th 10 07:09 PM
by MowGreen Go to last post
10 516
How can I block other machines from having access to my computer? by SomeOldGuy
I have a new computer from HP that has Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit installed. Mostly, it seems pretty good. It has been quite stable since initial trouble got ironed out (blue-screened severely, fresh out of the box from day one). Here's my current problem... My daughter came to visit over the holidays and brought her laptop with her. When she connected to my wireless network...
January 24th 10 03:57 PM
by SomeOldGuy Go to last post
0 211
DEFENDER turned OFF by WILDTOPIARY
Defender is turned off and notice says that it can only be turned back on via "GROUP POLICY". How do I do this? Information on group policy seems very complicated and I'm hoping there is an easy solution to turning Defender back on. Help!!! I am running Vista -- WILDTOPIARY
January 24th 10 09:13 AM
by richc46 Go to last post
4 353
Email From Microsoft? by JamesJ[_4_]
I received an email claiming to be from Microsoft Awards Center saying that I won $2m. There IS an attachment which I WILL NOT open. Would it do any good to report this to someone and/or send it to an abuse center?? This email was filtered and placed in my Junk email folder by Windows Live Mail. Thanks, James
January 22nd 10 06:47 PM
by JamesJ[_4_] Go to last post

From The