Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista mail profiles by huggibear
What ever happened to mail profiles? In windows XP, i was able to create mail profiles, so that when i started outlook 07, it would give me an option as to which account i was going to use. As of Vista RC1 build 5600, this option appears to have been extinguished. This option was listed in the control panel, under user accounts. The help section makes reference to this and explains that...
November 17th 09 06:57 AM
by SuperSwade Go to last post
8 597
Cannot revert (change back) folder permissions settings by Desperato
Hello, I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out all day and have come to a stand-still: This morning, I was trying to assign permissions to some folders on a network drive. However, I mistakenly denied permissions to Everyone for that folder. No biggie, I thought... I'll just set it back to what it was before! Upon trying to do so, I got this error message:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 13th 09 05:43 PM
by maglib Go to last post
14 786
WINMAIL.EXE by WINMAIL.EXE
INSTALL.EXE
November 13th 09 03:47 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 323
Drivers Deleted By vista by JackyKnukkles
Some how i have lost the driver for my cd/dvd rw hard ware. it was working and then i shut down my computer for the night and the next day tryed to load windows 7 and the drive is not responding. the drivers for the drive came diretly from vist upon intallation of the drive when the computer was built. also it gives an error message that usb devises are not installed. Any and all help would...
November 12th 09 09:31 PM
by CrucialHoax Go to last post
4 404
Drivers Deleted By vista by JackyKnukkles
Some how i have lost the driver for my cd/dvd rw hard ware. it was working and then i shut down my computer for the night and the next day tryed to load windows 7 and the drive is not responding. the drivers for the drive came diretly from vist upon intallation of the drive when the computer was built. also it gives an error message that usb devises are not installed. Any and all help would...
November 12th 09 02:25 PM
by JackyKnukkles Go to last post
0 280
cant log in!! by jeremiah valdez
Hey all, Im having trouble logging into my administrator account. Every time i do, i get a message that says log in service isnt working. im running wwindows vista premium, any thoughts or solutions?? frustrated! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SumColumn: Custom DataGrid Column that automatically shows Sum/Count/Average in DataGrid...
November 9th 09 11:53 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
2 458
cant log in!! by jeremiah valdez
Hey all, Im having trouble logging into my administrator account. Every time i do, i get a message that says log in service isnt working. im running wwindows vista premium, any thoughts or solutions?? frustrated! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SumColumn: Custom DataGrid Column that automatically shows Sum/Count/Average in DataGrid...
November 8th 09 09:47 PM
by jeremiah valdez Go to last post
0 271
Messed up C: disk administrations, help! by Seuthrian
In desperate need of help! I was trying to install something on my computer, and it kept telling me I didn't have administrative rights to do so. So I browsed through some older posts in this forum and set out to fix things on my own: big mistake. I right clicked on the C drive and went to Properties. I clicked the Security tab and then proceeded to go to both Authen. User and Users, editing...
November 7th 09 06:44 PM
by Seuthrian Go to last post
0 302
Administrator Account by David Johnson
Seems I have the same problems as many users out there. I am the ONLY user on my computer and I can't do many tasks I enjoyed on past versions of Windows because I have to ask the "Administrator" to do t for me. I get enough of that on the Job. I am running Vista Home Premium. The latest "you can't do that!" involved installing my printer software and I'm told I can't use "Run as..". I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 7th 09 11:53 AM
by mz carolyn Go to last post
24 1,237
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error by Bruce
I am running Vista Ultimate. I moved a block of ASP.NET web content from my previous XP machine to a specific location on my Vista machine, and then in IIS Manager I reset the path of the "default web site" to that location. When I go to IE7 and try to navigate to that content via http://localhost , I get the error that I have pasted below. Any recommendations? Thanks, Bruce
November 5th 09 01:01 AM
by Nandastupid Go to last post
6 360
get an dminstrators password without changing it by nova-1250
hi i use windows vista and i want to know if i can access the password with out changing it i run it on the standard user my brother wont give me the password because i install too much program but he wont even let me install anything now it is like being handicap so please if anyone know how to do it please tell me -- nova-1250
November 4th 09 09:53 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 304
Joining a NT Domain by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com
Hi! 3 Nov I have a Vista Business laptop that has been running in a workgroup. I want to add it to the ofice NT4 domain. I have found a lot of instructions on how to do so: so maybe I will succeed. When I join the domain, and log in to it, will a new user profile be created? Will I have to trnanfer the original user data (mail etc) to this profile? Thanks
November 4th 09 08:15 AM
by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com Go to last post
6 397
Joining a NT Domain by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com
Hi! 3 Nov I have a Vista Business laptop that has been running in a workgroup. I want to add it to the ofice NT4 domain. I have found a lot of instructions on how to do so: so maybe I will succeed. When I join the domain, and log in to it, will a new user profile be created? Will I have to trnanfer the original user data (mail etc) to this profile? Thanks
November 3rd 09 06:11 AM
by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com Go to last post
0 295
Admin Account and User Profile Passwords Not Working by bnbn88
I have 2 user accounts on my computer, 1 is mine and the other my boyfriends. I also have an administrator account, which is me, with the same password as my user account. I cannot access my user account. I type in the password and it says THE USER PROFILE ACCOUNT FAILED TO LOGIN so I have been using my boyriends user account. But whenever the User Account Control box appears asking for an...
October 31st 09 09:06 PM
by myerscw Go to last post
6 367
Forgot Log-In Password in Windows Vista by BabbieRay
Hi, I haven't used my laptop for a while, and I forgot my login password. I can only recall the first half of it. Anyway, can you tell me how I can get into my laptop. Thanks!! P.S. I need it for homework. I'm in college. Please help soon!! Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 28th 09 09:41 AM
by John Aldrich Go to last post
10 777
Corrupt Permission Settings in Windows Vista by stantough
I'm using Windows Vista 32, and I am having the problem of not able to install software that uses Windows Installer. I get the error message saying Windows Installer could not be accessed. I've tried all the solutions on the net including: 1) Downloading registry fixes and running them 2) going into msconfig (Windows Installer is "stopped" and there is nothing I can do to enable / disable /...
October 27th 09 03:32 PM
by stantough Go to last post
0 248
Corrupt Permission Settings in Windows Vista by stantough
I'm using Windows Vista 32, and I am having the problem of not able to install software that uses Windows Installer. I get the error message saying Windows Installer could not be accessed. I've tried all the solutions on the net including: 1) Downloading registry fixes and running them 2) going into msconfig (Windows Installer is "stopped" and there is nothing I can do to enable / disable /...
October 27th 09 03:32 PM
by stantough Go to last post
0 328
Lost Administrator Password by Michael Armstro
If you forget the administrator’s password but still can log on Windows with other user names that have administrative privileges, you may follow the instructions below: Right click the computer icon on your desktop, select Manage, find Local Users and Groups, unfold Users folder, right click Administrator, click Set password… in the menu comes up. Click Proceed in the dialog, in the...
October 23rd 09 02:23 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
2 359
Lost Administrator Password by Michael Armstro
=?Utf-8?B?ZnJpZGF5?=;54101 Wrote: Help - my son has changed the (only) administrator password and forgotten it. How can I get round this? If you forget the administrator’s password but still can log on Windows with other user names that have administrative privileges, you may follow the instructions below: Right click the computer icon on your desktop, select Manage, find Local Users and...
October 23rd 09 01:41 AM
by Michael Armstro Go to last post
0 277
Lost Administrator Password by Michael Armstro
=?Utf-8?B?ZnJpZGF5?=;54101 Wrote: Help - my son has changed the (only) administrator password and forgotten it. How can I get round this? If you forget the administrator’s password but still can log on Windows with other user names that have administrative privileges, you may follow the instructions below: Right click the computer icon on your desktop, select Manage, find Local Users and...
October 23rd 09 01:41 AM
by Michael Armstro Go to last post

From The