Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Incorrect Password by Leigh
My daughter got a new laptop for Christmas with Windows Vista - we went thru the set up and now she can't sign on because of an incorrect password. I've tried to create a password reset disk but I can't even get to the start button to make the disk. Any suggestions?
December 25th 07 10:37 PM
by Leigh Go to last post
1 213
MERRY CHRISTMAS! by BENAGLIA
A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. AndyB
December 25th 07 05:58 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 271
Password Incorrect? by JamieM
I'm doing a normal Vista installation on a brand new laptop just out of the box. I have typed in my selected password and re-typed it again in the confirmation box. It then did the whole long installation process. Then it comes to the XP style "Users" page. I type in the password and it says it is incorrect. Surely if I typed it wrong the confirmation box would inform me that they
December 25th 07 05:45 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 230
what program to use to burn ISO file to CD? by Dan
image i cannot get this ISO image file to burn to CD for password problem. anyone know which Vista program i need. i have vista Home Prem. thank you- Dan i tried MMaker , gallery etc.
December 25th 07 10:36 AM
by Dan Go to last post
9 393
Wrong user name or password by Shirle
I get this error message each time my pc starts up, even though I do not have a password on my user account. I have set up a password to see if this will solve the problem but the error message still appears. I have reset the password too but it does not get rid of the error message - it's driving me mad!! Shirls
December 24th 07 04:39 PM
by brink[_2483_] Go to last post
1 239
Can't run as administrator by crashes
My user account is administaror but I can't open file or stuff that have "run as administrator symbol". It always give me "cannot locate file or folder" notification. --
December 24th 07 03:16 PM
by crashes Go to last post
0 226
Internet access for standard user by Albacore33
I have MS Vista and just set up parental controls for my young daughters. I first created them as a standard user. It seems that everytime i change users to the standard user account (I do not log off the administrator), no broadband connectivity is established and the standard user cannot access the internet. When i try to establish a connection, the wizard appears and attempts to trouble...
December 24th 07 12:45 AM
by Albacore33 Go to last post
1 216
Crash following 7 Win Updates by MPS[_2_]
Hi all -- During install recommended 6 Win updates + 1 nVidia my machine crashed, leaving me with black screens; cursor blinking top left, as in good old DOS-days ;-)) Restart in Safe Mode no joy; screns stayed black; no action anywhere Restart Safe Mode using System Recovery option: same result Again Restart Safe Mode selected Option 1; Win started in Safe Mode ; then selected Windows...
December 23rd 07 07:20 PM
by MPS[_2_] Go to last post
4 282
Administrator account cannot log on by I. Kinal
Hi, I cannot log on to my machine with the administrator account. Here is the error from the event log: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Date: 2/13/2007 5:53:21 PM Event ID: 1505 Task Category: None
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 23rd 07 05:59 PM
by Jack Go to last post
18 443
Vista Product Key Probldems by Brian J
Last week I tried to get some drivers off the Windows Vista Home Basic 32 from the from my desktop and installing them on my LapTop that came with pre-installed, without thinking I regestered the computer, now MS wont accept the code that came with the laptop, is there anything but buy a new code, I became totally disabled after a freak accident in 2006 so I dont have much money to spending...
December 23rd 07 04:16 PM
by brink[_2467_] Go to last post
4 258
Administrator Security by Chuck
I am the administator, I installed an address book from my XP machine on to Vista, created an Icon for it, now when I click on it, it opens but the data is not there. when I right click and click run as administator the data is there, and the program works fine. I have gone to the security tab and clicked edit, from there I don't know what to do! Will some one please tell me how to edit the...
December 22nd 07 11:56 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
7 233
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by johns
"Jimmy Brush" wrote: Hello, I've noticed that a lot of the questions in these newsgroups are either directly or indirectly related to UAC (User Account Control). In this post, I will go over what UAC does, how it works, the reasoning behind it, how to use your computer with UAC on, why you shouldn't turn UAC off, and answer some common questions and respond to common...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 07 11:37 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
18 442
Unknown Account On Vista Welcome Screen - Can't Delete!!? by [email protected]
I have an account on my vista home basic welcome screen which is labelled 'other user', this account is not listed in user accounts in control panel. Anyone got any ideas how to get rid of it? It is not possible to log into the account in question as it asks for username & password. There is also no sub folder in c:\users for 'other user'.
December 22nd 07 06:39 PM
by jimmuh Go to last post
9 333
run automated disk check with task manager by jatman
good afternoon, i would like to run disk check on all drives using the task manager. i am using home premium and my account is the administrator account. i have it set to run the task as the Administrator account, but i get the following error message: An error has occurred for task Disk Check. Error message: The following
December 22nd 07 06:19 PM
by jatman Go to last post
0 324
not able to uninstall program/s by Rajesh
I'm the administrator, but I'm not able to unistall program and got a message os not having sufficient permission.
December 22nd 07 06:00 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 244
Upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate question by Quilnux
Hello Vista users! I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium (Upgraded from Windows XP Pro OEM). The upgrade was downloaded from the internet using Circuit City and The Windows Marketplace. I do not have an Anytime Upgrade CD. I have two questions. First off, My step father has an Upgraded version of Vista Home Premium which included an Anytime Upgrade CD. Can I use his CD during...
December 22nd 07 03:15 PM
by Quilnux Go to last post
0 259
Problem logging in with newly created user by Joe
Created a new user account on MS Vista Home Premium. The user account created normally (NO ERRORS) but when I logon to the account I get a message the Microsoft Mail 7 failed to initialize MSOE.DLL is missing. Did a search for the file and it's not on the system. I do have MS Office 2003 loaded and working. Any help would be appreciated.
December 22nd 07 03:13 AM
by Joe Go to last post
0 268
stopping vista public folder from interferring with program instal by Barry D
how do I stop the public folder from grabbing installing program icons and putting icons on every user's desktop. Program was directed to install in specific drive, but somehow, public folder steals run icon and puts it on everyone's desktop. I cannot delete public folder, and when I tried someone's suggestion of moving/dragging icon out of public folder, another icon (wordpad script)...
December 22nd 07 01:02 AM
by Barry D Go to last post
0 223
Roaming profiles between Vista and XP by pete0085
I'm having some serious issues getting roaming profiles to work between Vista and XP. I've looked at this article from the Vista MVP site of how to use roaming profiles between the two systems, but I'm not having any luck. My desktop does not carry over and displays an error that I can't figure out where the setting is comming from, something about not having permission for the desktop and...
December 21st 07 11:12 PM
by pete0085 Go to last post
2 287
Error message 80070714 by dd45
Hi, I have a brand new Acer pc with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-loaded. When I want to upgrade Vista it gives error 80070714 I searched all ove but they are almost all related to windows defender upgrade but mine is windows update. Ok anyway I dont have spyware doctor or skype running. I have two questions (When I do update on defender runs smoothly)
December 21st 07 03:07 AM
by Shadowblade1210[_2_] Go to last post

From The