Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
My windows by Kokto
Hei! I bought an computer with an original window vista home premium, now want to activate, and I can't get it!!!!! Why?????? If it is wrong I and my family, and friends will never buy a microsoft things!!!! If I buy a thing, that woking corectly !!!!!
December 20th 07 08:12 PM
by brink[_2427_] Go to last post
1 448
Vista Password Problem After Microsoft Update by asperrott
My father has a Vista PC, today he downloaded the latest updates as usual, however after reboot the machine will no longer accept his account password. He's not the most experienced user and I forgot to get him to make a reset disc. I know I can do the .iso image and reset the password next time I visit him, but does anyone know why the update caused this? It's only since he downloaded...
December 20th 07 06:08 PM
by malteser Go to last post
3 434
Enabling the Real Built-In Administrator Account by coa0103
I have an HP computer running Vista Home 32bit with 1 Administrator account. I have tried to enable the 'real built-in Administrator Account' following the instructions published in this Forum in April, 2007. When I right click *cmd* and click *run as administrator*, the command prompt shows c: HP Administrator How do I fix this? --
December 20th 07 05:24 AM
by brink[_2418_] Go to last post
1 410
Windows Vista SP1 Evaluation Copy. Build 6001 by MKFMedic
I downloaded the SP1 Evaluation Copy for Vista Home Ultimate. I just received a message from the information bar that my registration number for my copy of Vista is already in use and that I will need to either enter a new number or purchase a new copy of Vista. I'm sure that this is just an error, but anyone else run into this problem? Is there a fix, short of restoring to the previous...
December 20th 07 05:01 AM
by brink[_2414_] Go to last post
1 481
Shell Verbs and File Associations by Mike
Hi, I know how to change the 'default' behaviour of a file... I want to be able to change the default behaviour of the 'edit' 'play' actions from Explorer. How do I do this, either through a GUI or registry? Mike.
December 19th 07 07:31 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 408
Second user by Rob
I have set up a second user but some of the files on my original user are appearing on the desktop of the second user - how do I stop them from appearing -- Rob Harris
December 19th 07 04:43 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 473
popup permissions by bobbya
how do i turn off the permission popups??? -- Bob Adkins
December 19th 07 04:31 PM
by brink[_2400_] Go to last post
2 429
anoying permission popups by bobbya
how do you turn off all these permission popups in vista? -- Bob Adkins
December 19th 07 12:20 AM
by bobbya Go to last post
0 449
cannot download from internet by RENEE
I have Incredimail and that (plus other programs) now tell me that "Windows cannot access the specified device path. You may not have the proper permission to access the item" The path is C:\Users\Irene\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\Content\IE56IAZ.... can't see the rest I am on my own computer and I am the administrator. When I try to follow as to where this...
December 18th 07 05:54 PM
by RENEE Go to last post
0 425
Computer Administrator error by TTBlue
My account has been the administrator acct for some time...now out of the blue I am getting an error..I am not able to manage other accounts...help
December 18th 07 02:19 AM
by brink[_2377_] Go to last post
5 436
Permissions by CharlesMiller
I am the sole account on my machine (and am therefore the Administrator) yet I am constantly receiving messages that i do not have the Administrator's permission to delete or even save some files. Whenever this happens I try to change the properties for the file to allow access to all users but it makes no difference. I wan t to have access to everything and be able to do with it as I want....
December 18th 07 02:01 AM
by brink[_2376_] Go to last post
5 414
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by johns
"Jimmy Brush" wrote: Hello, I've noticed that a lot of the questions in these newsgroups are either directly or indirectly related to UAC (User Account Control). In this post, I will go over what UAC does, how it works, the reasoning behind it, how to use your computer with UAC on, why you shouldn't turn UAC off, and answer some common questions and respond to common...
December 17th 07 06:11 PM
by johns Go to last post
0 388
wow help by Dan
somehow my wife set me a administror password which i never had. now we have 3 new users and have a password that i never had. \unfortunitly she forgot the password. i cannot log on to the addmin but i can log on one user account. anyone have any ideas?/? thank you -Dan
December 16th 07 10:49 PM
by Dan Go to last post
2 469
Unable to create 'Guest' account by MapleE.
Hi: By using 'Guest' account, I attempted to create another, a brand new account for my cousin who may need e-mail box when she stays with me at X-mas time. After having created both Mail and MS Newsgroup, a rectangular box popping up in the middle of the screen, .... "Server NOT found, .... " I am unable to upload any for this, Guest Account although I did 'turn-on' button by accessing...
December 16th 07 08:29 PM
by brink[_2357_] Go to last post
4 491
User Issue by Gilberttt
I just started my notebook by first time, is new, i updated with windows update and when i restarted iappears 2 identical users in welcome screen, i have one user only administrator, but in welcome screen appears 2 administrator with the same name Example : My user is Admin when i restart in welcome says admin twice and with the same picture and allow the same password, what happened ?
December 16th 07 07:43 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 482
Product Key Help by dnagel
I purchased two product keys for Vista and have used one of them on my current computer. Now I'm going to install the second one on my other machine and I'm not sure which key was used already. I there a way to tell which one was used and activated and which one wasn't? I don't want to use the one that was already activated and have Microsoft tell me it's counterfiet. Thanks
December 16th 07 06:35 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
3 442
How to logon to my system administrative by newbie
Dear All, I am new to windows vista. So I created an account and made it as administrator. Then within this same account I install a software but unfortunately it doesnt work. It says that I required the system administrative to allow this program. The problem now I am stuck I dont know how to login into this administrative I know in xp it is ctl + alt + del. So I have tried using...
December 16th 07 03:32 AM
by brink[_2345_] Go to last post
5 409
Cardspace selector turns off cleartype? by PW
In testing live id and cardspace it seems to me that the cardspace selector is disabling cleartype. I have to re-enable cleartype thru the display settings dialog.
December 16th 07 01:03 AM
by PW Go to last post
0 396
Administration block when installing from CD by Alan
Hi, I'm trying to set up broadband at home on my mums new laptop (Windows Vista). I've popped the CD into the drive and I'm getting told I have to be logged in as administrator, strange I thought as the account I'd set up for her already had admin rights. So I decided to right click and run as admin, unfortunately the 'run as admin' option didn't appear in the list!! I'm stumped and annoyed...
December 15th 07 09:01 PM
by Scott Go to last post
6 454
autorun task based on external firewire hdd connection by Radek Hulán
I need to create a Taks which will autounlock an encrypted external hard-disk when it is connected to Vista x64 Ultimate machine via Firewire interface. Problem is, connecting Firewire HDD does not generate an event in EventLog, so I have nothing to "subscribe" to. Is there any workaround for this? Can I force Firewire HDD to create an event in EventLog when switched-on? (I cannot use...
December 15th 07 08:44 PM
by Radek Hulán Go to last post

From The