Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
locked out of admin privileges. by zakkz
i was recently configuring my network in my windows vista premium on a dell laptop. so the next day i was locked out of all administration privileges. i did not create a new account or something so i'm still the local admin. now the problem is i cant do anything other than surf the net. i cant download anything, run the D: drive (it runs or 'spins' but wont open/read cd/dvds, it brings out a...
December 15th 07 08:26 PM
by zakkz Go to last post
0 292
locked out of admin privileges. by zakkz
i was recently configuring my network in my windows vista premium on a dell laptop. so the next day i was locked out of all administration privileges. i did not create a new account or something so i'm still the local admin. now the problem is i cant do anything other than surf the net. i cant download anything, run the D: drive (it runs or 'spins' but wont open/read cd/dvds, it brings out a...
December 15th 07 08:23 PM
by zakkz Go to last post
0 297
User Name by Jannie
I just bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium. I'm the Admin and the only user. I've changed the name of the computer. When I create a document, instead of my name, I get "C:\Users\CCity\Documents". How can I change "CCity" to my name? Any help would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 07 06:10 PM
by brink[_2337_] Go to last post
11 657
Calendar by Erik
Hi, I'M using Office Vista version and in the calendar want to set a specific task to remind me every thrid or fourth day to carry it out. The calendar is only able to alloe repeats on a weekly or monthly schedule. How do I configure the calendar to remind me every 3rd or 4th day to do my task? Any assistance on this will be highly appreciated.
December 15th 07 04:28 PM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
1 302
Forgot user password fro vita home by aggiesteph08
I changed my password ina bit of rage to my Tosibi Labtop when my husband and I got into a fight. I dont remeber what it was. I didnt create a password reset CD nor do I have another adminstrative account to log on to. Help please! My thesis is save in there.
December 14th 07 10:15 PM
by brink[_2329_] Go to last post
4 305
ERROR I GOT WHEN I INSTALLed the vista sp1 by Gloomy
Today I downloaded the vista SP1 RC by windows update. But when I finish the install, there comes a error. And also I got two pictures here as the evidences
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 07 08:00 PM
by brink[_2325_] Go to last post
11 546
Non Admins not able to login by KWalsh125
Hello everyone, I'm having a strange issue where non admin domain accounts are not able to log into Vista Business systems. These accounts all work fine in XP and they work if I make them local admins on the Vista laptops. The error I get is: "You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer. Please see you network administrator for more details." ...
December 14th 07 07:52 PM
by KWalsh125 Go to last post
0 325
REMOVE USER ACCOUNT by Justin Brown - SYNACS
On Dec 13, 10:39 pm, "Lindsay Graham" wrote: Thanks, Justin. But why should there "always be that additional Administrator account"? Looking at Control Panel User Accounts, I see that there are 3 accounts -- Owner (Administrator), Lindsay Graham (Administrator) and Guest (Guest account is off). The first is the one I want to keep, so I propose to delete...
December 14th 07 06:48 PM
by Justin Brown - SYNACS Go to last post
0 261
Double log on picture by Ewan
For about two months now, when I switch on my computer I have two log on pictures. This hasn't been that much of a problem, but since setting up accounts for my wife and son, there are now six pictures and it looks ridiculous! Any ideas how I can get the right number of pictures? Vista Home Premium on a Packard Bell Easynote BU45 sub-notebook.
December 14th 07 05:46 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 263
how do i get excel to recognise unique values eg badge # by techwiz101
how do i get execel to recognize unique values e.g receipt book # and pull the relevant information (text and number value) eg A cheque #15 , $120 was paid to cover traveling expense. how can i put #15 in A1 and automatically get Traveling Expenses in B2 and $120 in C3 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
December 14th 07 05:34 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 276
Startmenu lock/log off suggestion by Jaips
My computer in a home computer and is used by a number of people each day. We use "log off" about 4 times a day never use the "lock computer" button. I would like to be able to change the function of the "lock computer" button to be a "log off" button. On the whole i'm pretty impressed with Vista but this shutdown area of the startmenu feels like a user interface booch up. Vista is much...
December 14th 07 05:25 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 249
Log Off Shortcut by Jaips
Does anyone konw how to make a log off shortcut in vista. I've figured out how to create shortcuts for lock and shutdown but after searching the net i can't find any information on this one.
December 14th 07 05:01 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 242
Parental Controls - Internet Access by Meeee
When ever I put parental controls on an account i cant access the internet at all, if i restart the computer I cant login again unless i go into safe mode and do a system restore, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit any help would be greatly appreciated
December 14th 07 04:51 PM
by Meeee Go to last post
0 219
Vista Locked Me Completely Out by Randy
I cannot log in under Administrator or a user account that is also an administrator. The passwords will not work. Under the user account it says "account has been locked out". I had to reload windows on a different hard drive on my computer just to use my computer. I cannot access any data on the other hard drive it is locked. I need that data. Can someone help please.
December 14th 07 04:40 PM
by Randy Go to last post
0 286
Hidden Vista32/64 Tricks,Tools,Tips! by Russel Pitt
These Hidden Tools Will help you get max performance,What are Best of Vista, Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista,How Using USB keys to improve Vista performance and more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 14th 07 10:36 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
1 260
Stuck on User Account screen in Vista by Tom
I loaded Vista Ultimate over XP about a week ago. It hasn't been pretty since. Today, however, it started getting worse and worse. It booted fine; I logged into my user account; my home page popped up, but then I could do nothing. No apps would run, including Ctrl Alt Del. I was able to do a System Restore back to a few days ago when it ran. Now, it boots up ok; gets to the screen with...
December 14th 07 07:16 AM
by brink[_2320_] Go to last post
1 269
REMOVE USER ACCOUNT by Lindsay Graham
I'm really sick of Microsoft making each successive operating system more controlling, so that it becomes increasingly difficult to do things the way I want to, without being forced to follow the path that Microsoft in its infinite wisdom g thinks I should follow. Gripe out of the way, I made the mistake of using Windows Easy Transfer (WET is a suitable acronym!) to transfer files and...
December 14th 07 05:39 AM
by Lindsay Graham Go to last post
2 229
Can't login to remote comp. using Remote Desktop Connection on Vis by Luigi_1996
Hello, I have been trying to login to my remote computer (Vista Home Premium) with my own Vista Home Premium, but it says I have no permission. I look up remote desktop on help and I chose troubleshoot. I then clicked can't login. It told me to add my account to the remote group (I am an admin). So I tried (It told me to use Microsoft Management Console), but it said the snap-in isn't...
December 14th 07 03:14 AM
by Luigi_1996 Go to last post
0 244
System Icons by Abhijith
Hi, I am not able to find some system tray icons like Volume control,Network monitor and battery meter icons. I tried by doing a right click on the task bar and selecting the notification area . But the selections are disabled. Please let me know how can i restore them. Thanks in advance.
December 13th 07 10:11 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 255
Blackberry Software by DavidM
I try to install my desktop manager software and it tells me to "make sure I have appropriate privilages on this machine", but I'm the only person using it under the administrator. What do I do?
December 13th 07 04:39 PM
by Declan Go to last post

From The