Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Users profile still showing by Mario Savard
Hi, I'm creating an image using Imagex of WIndows Vista Enterprise and I'm creating a default user profile using another account to setup keyboard and some other minor changes. When I'm deleting the test account that I created, It is actually removed. It doesn't show anymore. But when I run the sysprep, and the computer comes back after the minisetup the test profile that I used for the...
December 13th 07 03:48 PM
by Justin Brown - SYNACS Go to last post
1 274
vista administrative problem by Crimson Tide Fan
Just got a new computer with Vista on it....I have a storage device connected by a USB port. When I attempt to SAVE a document to the storage device, I get a message that "I do not have access privileges, see my administrator". I AM the administrator. I have a second device attached to a USB port that I can save to with no problem. Anyone have any idea where I might go to give myself...
December 13th 07 03:43 PM
by Justin Brown - SYNACS Go to last post
3 291
Administrator POWER ON Password by morticianme
When I purchased my Dell Dim/C521 I set up a power on password, along with a user account to which I'm suppose to be the administrator. I done some work on the pc then shut down. Later Rebooted, and my "Power On password" did not work, so I was locked out of my new Pc. lol. Then I phoned Dell, and the technical staff told me to take the side panel off my pc and move a clip "i think it was...
December 13th 07 09:16 AM
by roy69[_95_] Go to last post
8 282
Restore user accounts from back-up file by John
I backed up from vista home basic to a remote drive. Installed (not upgrae) vista ulitmate. Can I get my old user profiles back? -- John
December 13th 07 12:57 AM
by Justin Brown - SYNACS Go to last post
1 272
internet access by adlyon
Hello, Is there any way to password protect the internet browser, so that users without the password knowledge cannot access the internet at all? I am having some internet abuse going on in my household, and I dont want to completely get rid of the internet, but I dont want my children to have access to it. Is this possible? Please Help!!!! -Angela
December 12th 07 08:18 PM
by Justin Brown - SYNACS Go to last post
1 230
how do I disable safemode in my bios if it is no longer showing up? by jewelks
I changed my bios so my computer now starts up in safe mode, so I would have time to fix it and recover to the last update. now I can't get it out of safe mode. I no longer have this option in my bios, I tried recovering to the new update, but that didn't work, so I'm going to recover back to the other update. I made the change in my bios, so I'm not sure where to go to make the change now that...
December 12th 07 03:26 PM
by GTS Go to last post
2 309
AD Domain Local Groups and Vista by James A. Buker
I have recently installed a clean install of Vista Business on a workstation in my home/office. I had the workstation join the domain and everything seems to be working ok with one fairly major exception. For some reason, I haven't been able to ascertain, my domain local groups are not showing up when I go to assign security settings for the workstation. Is this normal?
December 12th 07 12:25 AM
by cherry01 Go to last post
2 230
decryting a file after keys r lost in vista due to formatting by Vicky-Aryan
Hi, i am using windows vista business in my sony vaio laptop. nd i made some of my files encrypted during normal use with the help of fingerprint sensor without providing the additional password , only swiping the finger on sensor could unlock those files but it can not be unlocked by a password bcoz i didnt provide it at the time of encryption. nd then recently i formatted my ...
December 11th 07 08:38 PM
by brink[_2272_] Go to last post
3 307
password issues with new Vista machines by Justin Brown - SYNACS
I'm having a Microsoft moment here. Are there a set of new, Vista-only AD schema for password expiration and complexity enforcement? In a server 2003 domain, I have a host of new (2 month-old) Vista machines whose users are being told their password will expire in 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 day(s). When they try and change the password, they are told it doesn't meet complexity requirements, even with...
December 11th 07 06:11 PM
by Justin Brown - SYNACS Go to last post
0 212
Adding new user - coming up with error when loggin in by Spark25
HI there im having a problem with windows vista , i have added a new user to login to the home pc but , after i have added the user name when you login using that user profile comes up with error msg saying unable to load user settings and loggs off back to main user log in page any help would be greta as i have tried so many diffrent ways to reslove this
December 11th 07 03:57 PM
by brink[_2266_] Go to last post
1 259
¤â¾÷²M³f¦U´Ú¦U«¬¸¹ by ip
December 11th 07 03:32 PM
by ip Go to last post
0 298
"Identity cannot be saved" - Error for new user by Marco Solinger
Hello I just moved a Vista business to another domain, but now I cannot login with any new user, nor domain-admin nor domain-user, I always get the error : "Identity cannot be saved. Not enough user licenses available" I removed already any local and old-domain account (besides the local admin). Where can I manage the Vista-User-licenses ? Tnx
December 11th 07 07:44 AM
by Marco Solinger Go to last post
0 330
Program works for one user but not another by VandyPops
I am using MS Vista Home Premium and have been successfully using an older version of Photoshop. Now when I try to load it, it says "Program Not Responding...". I decided to uninstall the program and reinstall it, but I was not permitted to reinstall. Screen asked for permission to run program and then would just stop trying to install. I created a second user account which allowed me to...
December 11th 07 01:46 AM
by VandyPops Go to last post
0 236
HP J 5740 Cant pull of the fax on vista hp solution center by eodmaui
72;748017 Wrote: I sent a fax. I'm sure if it was received or not. When I go into the HP Solution center on my vista home-- the fax log will not come up. What do I do. After Hours of wasting time with the HP help line, I fixed both problems I had. 1. Fax Log did not show on PC and 2. The screensaver did not work. Turns out, Windows has a few gliches! I solved both problems by going to...
December 10th 07 11:49 PM
by eodmaui Go to last post
0 257
Cannot upload photos to any website using Vista by juliejoo
sorry Mr Leonard- have been having huge probs with system and couldn't get back online all day yesterday. We tried your solution, but no joy- sorry! Dad managed to do something with FTP so that I can now upload photos 1 by 1, but cannot use anything requiring active X controls- unfortunately he is currently out of action with food poisoning, so i cant be more specific, but I can find out what...
December 10th 07 09:40 PM
by juliejoo Go to last post
0 244
DVD Acces is denied even to an administrator by Zander C
I recently tried to ue a flash drive but was unsuccessful because Vista advised it was locked even although there was no encryption or password software etc. One I removed it I have now found out that my DVDdrive is not accessable even to an adminstrator and the suggested solution for changingowner returns access denied. It is also preventing me from backing up as a back up returns an eror...
December 10th 07 06:27 PM
by Zander C Go to last post
2 276
Virus Help by sokee04
Hey, my anti-virus software has said it has deteced a virus, it cant delete it, and ive tried following the insructions, but failed to remove it, could someone maybe help remove it for me, by remote assistance? Thank you
December 10th 07 06:23 PM
by sokee04 Go to last post
0 252
Can't access my own documents? by Ryan H
I'm an administrator on my PC, using Windows Vista Home Basic. When I try to access my Pictures, Documents, etc, it says that access is denied. What gives?
December 10th 07 04:19 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
7 261
cant install VB6 (Interdev) by SpaceMarine
hello, i am trying to install VB6 onto a Windows Vista Enterprise machine. everytime i try, it reports this error: "The installation wizard detected that you are not a member of the administrators group, which is required for running the installation wizard"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 07 03:43 PM
by SpaceMarine Go to last post
13 438
User Profile Failed At Logon by Yomi
Hello, I have this problem with a windows vista home basic in my office. It says "User Profile Failed the Logon". NOw it wouldnt even boot beyound the logon page. What can i do? I am thinking of slaving the HDD onto another Vista system, wld i be transfering the same problem to this other laptop? --
December 10th 07 01:56 PM
by Yomi Go to last post

From The