Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Hidden Vista64-32 Tricks,Tools,Tips! Windows Server 2008 Advices AndMore ! by [email protected]
These Hidden Tools Will help you get max performance and to Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista,How Using USB keys to improve Vista performance ,What are Best of Vista,Improvements in Windows Server 2008 and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 10th 07 09:41 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
1 247
Fingerprint not recognised very first time I try to load Vista by Hilary
I bought a destop and a laptop, both with Vista Home Premium preinstalled, nearly 2 weeks ago. I've only turned on the laptop so far, and that only 2 or 3 times, because of the problem - if it's because I made a mistake I'd rather know what I'm doing before letting myself loose on the desktop too! When I turn on the laptop, Vista starts loading, then presents me with a log on authentication...
December 10th 07 03:33 AM
by brink[_2248_] Go to last post
1 235
product key problem by G-Unit
I think the product key is not more. ! I have lost it. Can they me the product key?
December 10th 07 03:27 AM
by brink[_2247_] Go to last post
2 313
Yaf Türk Yokmu? by CryForMe
Slm VİSTA kullanıcısıyım İlk pc aldığımda Media Player 11de müzik dinleyince simge durumunu küçüllüğümde ekranın sağ alt köşesine yerleşiyodu Pc ye format attım ama artık simge durumunu küçültünce geçmiyor nasıl düzelte bilirim -- HELppppp
December 9th 07 06:51 PM
by CryForMe Go to last post
0 278
Windows Server 2008 Tips and Tricks ! by Russel Pitt[_2_]
How To Install and configure Windows Server 2008 core?, 10 things to consider when making a Windows Server 2008 upgradedecision, Three exciting improvements in Windows Server 2008, Vista Tips, Tricks and more ... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 9th 07 12:37 PM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
1 267
user account issue by bek1
I tried deleting the user account and i get a respond that say user account can not be deleted, it won't let me change the password for this account, seems like its stuck
December 9th 07 02:22 AM
by Mike Douglas Go to last post
1 270
Why is my Sims 2 game crashing? by Kue
I have Sims 2 & the Nightlife Expansion pack installed in my computer. I downloaded the patches for both. I have Vista & I have a NVidia Geforce 8500GT graphics card. The error message "the application has crashed. the application will now close." keeps popping up after a few minutes when playing the Sims or in Bodyshop. I've tried using XP Compatibility mode but it still crashes. If anyone...
December 9th 07 02:14 AM
by Mike Douglas Go to last post
1 272
Samsung SCX 4725FN with Paperport 11 under Vista by steff3
I am having the same problem with my Epson scanner. At the end of the scan I receive a windows error saying the scanning engine has stopped and the only way to close at that point is thru task manager. Has anyone found a solution? -- steff3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ steff3's Profile: http://www.techtalkz.com/member.php?userid=12211
December 9th 07 02:07 AM
by Mike Douglas Go to last post
1 240
Name Change on newly aquired laptop by RDelcampo
Hi. I recently aquired a laptop from a friend as form of payment for money she owed me. I have been able to change the name to appear as mine in most files but it still appears as ....rdelcampo/hernamehere. How can I make sure I delete all of her info off the computer without deleteing any programs or files that I have already saved? Also, please note that she created a user account and...
December 8th 07 09:11 PM
by dacsoft Go to last post
3 259
Asp-Net Machine Account in user account vista premium by lady-bird
could anyone tell me why this account has been set up and by whom? is it ok to delete this user account or do i need it there for a reason.
December 8th 07 07:00 PM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
3 252
Administrateur by Axel
Bonjour, Je suis l'administrateur de mon ordinateur et démarre toujours toutes mes sessions en tant que tel. Seulement Vista ne me laisse pas le contrôle total de l'ordinateur. Par exemple: J'essaye de supprimer ou d'ouvrir un dossier particulier mais Vista m'informe que je ne dispose pas de l'autorisation nécessaire. Comment puis-je régler ce problème? Merci Hi, I'm the administrator...
December 8th 07 08:44 AM
by Axel Go to last post
2 252
Acces to new accounts denied by EvB
Hai, I have created 2 new acounts, one administrator and one standard. If I try to open them (either one) at in the Welcome window I get a message like 'service user-profiel-service does not allow to open this user'. It seems there's no profile to open. How come? How to repair? Thanx upfront Eric
December 7th 07 09:04 PM
by Thomas Go to last post
5 255
Can not create new user account by xraydr22
I am trying to create additional standard user accounts--I go thru Control Panel/User Accounts/Create a New Account, type in a name, click on Standard User, and hit "Create Account", and nothing happens--any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 07 08:58 PM
by Moany[_2_] Go to last post
11 413
Cant Access/create new User Account by BANTAR
Since Vista day 1 I created 3 accounts one with admin the others without. Had it for almost 6 months. Yesterday I switched users, it cliced over, the screen went black and I waited for it to load for 5 minutes, an NOTHING happened. I could ctrl alt del, and it would bring up the menu instantly, things were running, and could switch back to the user with admin. It does it on both the...
December 7th 07 08:29 PM
by Rick Go to last post
2 266
Need Help Immediately! by Shep72-Seeking to Understand Win. Vista
I have Windows Vista 32 bit and 64 bit on the same computer. The 32 bit wasn't booting up very well so I put in the boot up disk and made a repair. So far everything worked out fine. The next time I tried to get into my 64 bit that hard drive wouldn't boot up correctly. So, I did the same thing to my 64 bit interface, but I used the 64 bit repair disk. Here's the problem! I am unable to...
December 7th 07 01:40 PM
by Mike Douglas Go to last post
1 230
Vista Reinstall by frankc
Hi, I am having so many little problems that I think the only thing left to do is re-install Vista Home Premium. I have an upgrade disc. I don't want to format the computer etc I just want to reinstall windows. Is there a guide somewhere on here? Or do I just do what I did when I installed vista in the first place i.e switch off computer, insert
December 7th 07 01:33 PM
by Mike Douglas Go to last post
2 254
windows sidebar wont load by n jones
it states it has to be an administrator to open it, I am the only user and logon using admin password, can anyone help please so I can get sidebar loading again -- n jones
December 7th 07 03:15 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
3 223
Getting FULL Admin rights to delete folders by inhisgrace007
I need/want to delete a folder. When I right click on the folder and choose delete, a message comes up saying I do not have permission to delete. How do I, full owner of a private HP Pavillion laptop (windows vista) give myself permission to do this simple task?
December 7th 07 01:31 AM
by brink[_2205_] Go to last post
2 270
password problems by kosmo24
I just purchases a used hp laptop with windows vista home premium. When I turn it on it wants a paasword from a user named gary. I am unable to get the the password from previous owner. How do I get by this ? I can't get to the desktop until I get passed this . Any suggestions from anyone -- kosmo
December 7th 07 12:56 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
1 251
Laptop Shutdown by Tom Risely
When i turn my laptop off (using power button on laptop), instead of shutting down it just restarts. I have to hold in the power button to turn off my laptop and i know that isn't good. What's wrong?
December 6th 07 08:24 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post

From The