Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cant log in :( by precizion
Hi all! I have a laptop which is running vista ultimate, it has been altered to work with my high schools network. Recently I went into system and changed the settings, it was set to work on a business group or something (I can't remember exactly) but I changed it to use on a home network and then restarted my computer and to find that I now cannot log in. I don't go to this high school anymore...
September 29th 09 04:17 AM
by precizion Go to last post
0 263
Help can't log into Vista by Trondyne
Hi all, I had just changed the Administrator password and deleted an old account that I used to use. I planned to simply log in as Administrator at least for now as I was working on various settings that required admin... So I change the password, I know what it is but when I try to log in it just says bad user or password..
September 28th 09 03:12 PM
by Trondyne Go to last post
2 385
Help can't log into Vista by Trondyne
Hi all, I had just changed the Administrator password and deleted an old account that I used to use. I planned to simply log in as Administrator at least for now as I was working on various settings that required admin... So I change the password, I know what it is but when I try to log in it just says bad user or password..
September 28th 09 02:36 PM
by Trondyne Go to last post
0 221
Vista Task Scheduler can't run OK *.BAT file by Ron A. Zajac
Pretty straight up situation. I have a batch file: "C:\TclStuff\Batch Files\PlaySomething.bat" Annie This runs on a command line just fine. It won't run from the Task Scheduler: Task Scheduler failed to start instance "{DA573AEA-805C-4477-8152-53B595EF95C9}" of "\Wake for Annie" task for user
September 25th 09 09:49 PM
by jjman Go to last post
9 680
User name not the same as logon name? by Eyeonb
Hi everyone, I'm having some sharing issues, which I think could be related to the below. I logon to Vista ultimate x64 with the username: Charles it's also got a password. However, when I look under c:\users\ there is no Charles folder, but rather all my documents etc etc are in c:\users\user\ ?!? When I open the task manager and click on the last tab called users, it
September 25th 09 05:00 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
8 320
Can't write to registry by vmwebsites
I'm trying to install a new version of a program I'm using, but it fails every time I try. http://content.screencast.com/users/vmwebsites/folders/Jing/media/0439a9ac-62e8-4d6d-83ec-c2bd9a0f1992/2009-09-25_0020.png] Normally I'm running as an administrator and when I want to install the new program I right-click and select "run as administrator" This doesn't work and is giving the above error....
September 24th 09 10:33 PM
by vmwebsites Go to last post
0 232
User name not the same as logon name? by Eyeonb
Hi everyone, I'm having some sharing issues, which I think could be related to the below. I logon to Vista ultimate x64 with the username: Charles it's also got a password. However, when I look under c:\users\ there is no Charles folder, but rather all my documents etc etc are in c:\users\user\ ?!? When I open the task manager and click on the last tab called users, it
September 24th 09 11:23 AM
by Eyeonb Go to last post
0 211
Registry Issue Vista 32 Bit! by rebelme
Hello .. im trying to edit some regitsry key by using regedit.exe .. but this appears http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4110/reg2m.jpg] althou im logged in as an Administrator and both SYSTEM AND Administrator are added in the permission box! http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2733/regk.jpg] PLS HELP ASAP!
September 23rd 09 05:08 PM
by Flavius Go to last post
2 362
Unable to create new user account successfully by dan596
Hello, I've seen several posts on this same topic here, but none of them resolved in any resolution so I am hoping someone has since figured it out. In Vista, I am able to login using my own account which is an Administrator account. Then via Control Panel, use the User Accounts tool to create new account, Standard or Administrator. The tool appears to complete the action properly. The new...
September 23rd 09 04:54 PM
by Flavius Go to last post
4 351
vista - forgot admin pwd by rjackson700
_forgot_admin_password_on_vista_-_any_ideas_ cannot log on? -- rjackson700
September 23rd 09 03:44 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 292
vista - forgot admin pwd by rjackson700
_forgot_admin_password_on_vista_-_any_ideas_ cannot log on? -- rjackson700
September 23rd 09 03:40 PM
by rjackson700 Go to last post
0 228
Parental controls ignores https? by nickdu
Not sure if this is the correct group. We had setup Vista for our kids such that only sites on the allow list were allowed. However, it appears my son found a way around this (from school of course) by going to https://www.vtunnel.com. Why does vista allow access to this site if it's not on the allow list? -- Thanks, Nick
September 23rd 09 03:31 PM
by nickdu Go to last post
0 333
Parental controls ignores https? by nickdu
Not sure if this is the correct group. We had setup Vista for our kids such that only sites on the allow list were allowed. However, it appears my son found a way around this (from school of course) by going to https://www.vtunnel.com. Why does vista allow access to this site if it's not on the allow list? -- Thanks, Nick
September 23rd 09 03:31 PM
by nickdu Go to last post
0 242
Help me with Users by j03uen
Hi guys, Hope you can help. My uncle has a son who uses the computer.. He messes up the system files a lot so my uncle put him as a limited user.. When he did this, his son couldn't instal anything and kept calling my uncle to install it.. So I want to know how to make an account be able to say do the major things people need to do like install, defrag, remove viruses and what not.. But not say...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 22nd 09 04:31 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
12 569
Help me with Users by j03uen
Hi guys, Hope you can help. My uncle has a son who uses the computer.. He messes up the system files a lot so my uncle put him as a limited user.. When he did this, his son couldn't instal anything and kept calling my uncle to install it.. So I want to know how to make an account be able to say do the major things people need to do like install, defrag, remove viruses and what not.. But not say...
September 22nd 09 09:17 AM
by j03uen Go to last post
0 219
Registry Issue Vista 32 Bit! by rebelme
Hello .. im trying to edit some regitsry key by using regedit.exe .. but this appears http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4110/reg2m.jpg] althou im logged in as an Administrator and both SYSTEM AND Administrator are added in the permission box! http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2733/regk.jpg] PLS HELP ASAP!
September 22nd 09 06:54 AM
by rebelme Go to last post
0 206
Admin Account Locked/Deleted by lufcboy
A work colleague has locked/deleted his admin account in error. I have followed the guide for recovery but nothing will work. Safe mode - system restore - repair console - NT offline recovery all failed. Could I connect his drive to my computer and access the user accounts to create a new user or promote an existing user to Admin? Or does anyone know another tried and tested way to recover or...
September 18th 09 10:40 AM
by lufcboy Go to last post
8 347
Admin Account Locked/Deleted by lufcboy
A work colleague has locked/deleted his admin account in error. I have followed the guide for recovery but nothing will work. Safe mode - system restore - repair console - NT offline recovery all failed. Could I connect his drive to my computer and access the user accounts to create a new user or promote an existing user to Admin? Or does anyone know another tried and tested way to recover or...
September 17th 09 11:32 AM
by lufcboy Go to last post
0 195
yardım by aaa
mrb,adım senem ve golden cınsı bır kopek ıstıyorum ve uzun suredır arastırıyorum ve gercekten saglıklı bır golden yavrusu bulamıyacagım kanısındayım cunku kıme sorsam nereyı okusam cvp olumsuz. petshoplardakı kopeklerın hastalıklı ve bel cıkıgı gıbı hastalıkları oldugu soylenıyor ve kıme sorsamda aynı sorunla karsılasılıyr.barınaklardan almak ıstedım ama barınaklardada yavru golden bulmak...
September 14th 09 11:01 AM
by aaa Go to last post
0 202
1406 error requiring admin privileges to install? by Erika
I give up. I'm trying to install Office 2007 Pro full version onto Vista home Premium. I have admin privileges but setup fails because of "Problem Signature 06: Error 1406.Setup cannot write the value command to the registry key \Word.Document.8\shell\OnenotePrintto" The only suggested solution is to install programs while logged in with admin privileges, but I am already logged in with...
September 11th 09 02:25 AM
by Torchlander Go to last post

From The