Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Some apps no longer saving login info... by Howard Woodard
I recently had a problem with MSN Explorer that the MS techs thought might be caused by a corrupted user profile. They had me create a new account and then, using the procedure from the MS KB, copy everything over to the new account. It turns out that the MSN problem didn't have anything to do with the account profile but by this time the new account had been created, everything moved...
July 22nd 09 06:54 PM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
0 219
Some apps no longer saving login info... by Howard Woodard
I recently had a problem with MSN Explorer that the MS techs thought might be caused by a corrupted user profile. They had me create a new account and then, using the procedure from the MS KB, copy everything over to the new account. It turns out that the MSN problem didn't have anything to do with the account profile but by this time the new account had been created, everything moved...
July 22nd 09 06:54 PM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
0 277
I can not get pass logon screen and forgot password by ktyler37
I have Vista and forgot my logon password and when trying to sign on I only have the one account to logon to? how do I bypass this and use my computer again? Someone help!
July 22nd 09 11:41 AM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
5 408
Forgot password by dblgdee
I recently changed the name of the admin account, but forgot the password without a reset disk. The account shows but I cannot login. I have searched the threads but need some direction on the best way to go about doing this It is Vista Home premium x32 Suggestions appreciated
July 21st 09 08:30 AM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
8 344
User Account Recovery by Administrator[_13_]
I deleted my primary administrator account in error. Luckily I was in a second administrator account at the time. My user account settings and files are still there nevertheless. How do I reinstate that account again - it has all my Windows Mail messages etc. Thanks in advance
July 20th 09 11:13 PM
by Administrator[_13_] Go to last post
0 229
Windows Vista Feature Suggestion by Jimmy Cotreau
I wish there was a way to change my security question on my Vista User Account without having to change my password. Sometimes people can think of a better security question, but don't necessarily want to change their passwords.
July 19th 09 08:56 PM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
1 309
Account Type by vinnie
I recently changed my Guest account to an administrator account and my other account(formerly admin) to standard account. I have tried reversing the changes but its not letting me do it. I have done this in safe mode..........tried activating the in built admin account...still am not able.....i need help of doing this without reisnstalling the OS -- vinnie
July 19th 09 04:32 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 313
Account Type by vinnie
I recently changed my Guest account to an administrator account and my other account(formerly admin) to standard account. I have tried reversing the changes but its not letting me do it. I have done this in safe mode..........tried activating the in built admin account...still am not able.....i need help of doing this without reisnstalling the OS -- vinnie
July 19th 09 04:08 PM
by vinnie Go to last post
0 203
Incorrect password or name by azmick
Help please. I was the only administrator account on our computer and it is now saying incorrect name or password? Name is correct on login so must be password. I have never changed password or forgot it? Tried password recovery 5.0 but i can't even download or upgrade anything without admin password. Found thread to use netplwiz or control userpassword2 but it just shuts down computer. Another...
July 18th 09 06:18 PM
by azmick Go to last post
0 195
IE-8 Interferes with logging in by Paul Thorpe
I just uninstalled IE-8 to solve the "The command failled to execute" problem. I had been having problems logging in to Windows Vista, but no more. The problem was that if I didn't put the cursor into the password box, it would not accept my full password. I have never had to do this before, in any version of Windows. Now that IE-8 is gone, I no longer have to do it now. Please pass this...
July 18th 09 04:19 PM
by Flavius Go to last post
6 392
How do I disable standard user from changing password? by shood
I'm using Vista Home Premium. I know that there is no Local Users and Groups folder in Computer Management. I am the administrator, and I want to disable a standard user's ability to change their password. In other words, I want to have access to this user's account when I need--I want them to be able to be password protected, but I don't want them to be able to change this password once they...
July 18th 09 08:21 AM
by Dennis Lindqvist MCT Go to last post
4 300
How can I override my father's admin password?? by [email protected]
My dad got really anoyed with me and took away my control on MY labtop. (makes me mad) Anyway, I can't get into it through the password and i don't have any fancy software. I'm trying to delete old files that are cluttering up my comp and it wont let me cause I'm not the admin anymore! Help me, please.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 09 10:04 PM
by Sonny Wortzik[_2_] Go to last post
14 651
IE-8 Interferes with logging in by Paul Thorpe
I just uninstalled IE-8 to solve the "The command failled to execute" problem. I had been having problems logging in to Windows Vista, but no more. The problem was that if I didn't put the cursor into the password box, it would not accept my full password. I have never had to do this before, in any version of Windows. Now that IE-8 is gone, I no longer have to do it now. Please pass this...
July 17th 09 02:12 AM
by Paul Thorpe Go to last post
0 202
how do i retreive account username by cgcomeaux
I have a problem in my vista home premium I only use the original administrative account I was able to enter bios and reset password but i dont know the username so i still cant get into the account. How do i get the username? -- cgcomeaux
July 16th 09 04:59 AM
by Dustin Harper[_2_] Go to last post
2 286
user profile not loaded by sallymc
Hi there I've got a recurring problem with Vista. When I turn the computer on sometimes, I enter my password and it loads a screen that doesn't have any of my settings on and then the error message 'user profile not loaded....' appears. I have viewed a fiew forums with posts about this problem and have followed the advice of restarting, F8, safe mode, system restore. This solves the problem,...
July 16th 09 03:33 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
4 336
how do i retreive account username by cgcomeaux
I have a problem in my vista home premium I only use the original administrative account I was able to enter bios and reset password but i dont know the username so i still cant get into the account. How do i get the username? -- cgcomeaux
July 15th 09 05:21 PM
by cgcomeaux Go to last post
0 201
i need help with using 'runas.exe' by skynogi
Hello everyone! :) I had recently bought the game 'Anno 1404:Dawn of Discovery' from Ubisoft and played well for a few hours. Then I found out that those 'Autosaves' were corrupted and searched the net to find out what was the problem. Some people had the same problem as me, and they were a single users of Vistas and XPs, and to fix this, one said that I had to make another Admin User to play...
July 14th 09 03:30 PM
by skynogi Go to last post
4 320
i need help with using 'runas.exe' by skynogi
Hello everyone! :) I had recently bought the game 'Anno 1404:Dawn of Discovery' from Ubisoft and played well for a few hours. Then I found out that those 'Autosaves' were corrupted and searched the net to find out what was the problem. Some people had the same problem as me, and they were a single users of Vistas and XPs, and to fix this, one said that I had to make another Admin User to play...
July 14th 09 01:42 PM
by skynogi Go to last post
0 204
user profile not loaded by sallymc
Hi there I've got a recurring problem with Vista. When I turn the computer on sometimes, I enter my password and it loads a screen that doesn't have any of my settings on and then the error message 'user profile not loaded....' appears. I have viewed a fiew forums with posts about this problem and have followed the advice of restarting, F8, safe mode, system restore. This solves the problem,...
July 14th 09 08:44 AM
by sallymc Go to last post
0 197
Lost administrator rights in Vista business by davidmalloch
I previously had set up Vista on my laptop so that both userids had administrator rights. That's changed (I don't know how because I certainly didn't do it - Windows auto update I suspect !) and the user group for both is now "debugger users". When I try to change it back to administrator I get "access denied". I've tried starting in safe mode but it won't let me enable the hidden administrator...
July 14th 09 06:02 AM
by Flavius Go to last post

From The