Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Lost administrator rights in Vista business by davidmalloch
I previously had set up Vista on my laptop so that both userids had administrator rights. That's changed (I don't know how because I certainly didn't do it - Windows auto update I suspect !) and the user group for both is now "debugger users". When I try to change it back to administrator I get "access denied". I've tried starting in safe mode but it won't let me enable the hidden administrator...
July 13th 09 05:03 AM
by davidmalloch Go to last post
0 271
Vista updates,downloaded, but wont install by LightMayo
Hey can anyone tell me why my updates for windows vista (quite a few of them too) are downloading but not installing?! neither can i update windows defender... any ideas? wb asap some one pls -- LightMayo ------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 11th 09 07:33 PM
by LightMayo Go to last post
0 248
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:54 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 273
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:54 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 259
Desktop Profile not saved on Log off - Server 2003 and Vista. by Richard Horne
Hey guys, Got a bit of a problem with one of the PCs on our network. We have a network run from a Windows Server 2003 server. One of our users has Windows Vista Business on his PC and every time he logs off, his desktop profile, i.e. the icons and shortcuts he's saved onto his desktop, are lost. Once he logs back on again, an old setup is loaded and the new shortcuts lost. Any ideas on how...
July 11th 09 12:14 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 265
setting a bootup password? by verymad
Hi im trying to setup a password for when my computer first turns on to be able to load vista i want it to ask for a password, i went into bios and tried to set a password and it says disabled? can anyone help me i would just set a password at the vista log in screen but my brother can bypass that somehow and im sick of it -- verymad
July 10th 09 06:25 PM
by Spook Go to last post
8 329
Desktop Profile not saved on Log off - Server 2003 and Vista. by Richard Horne
Hey guys, Got a bit of a problem with one of the PCs on our network. We have a network run from a Windows Server 2003 server. One of our users has Windows Vista Business on his PC and every time he logs off, his desktop profile, i.e. the icons and shortcuts he's saved onto his desktop, are lost. Once he logs back on again, an old setup is loaded and the new shortcuts lost. Any ideas on how...
July 10th 09 02:38 PM
by Richard Horne Go to last post
0 262
new comp vista by ajsv74
it wont allow access to cookies and other files like if i do a disk cleanup i like to look in there the comp also says locked on the main page where i log on how do i change the settings -- angie
July 9th 09 06:27 PM
by ajsv74 Go to last post
0 305
new comp vista by ajsv74
it wont allow access to cookies and other files like if i do a disk cleanup i like to look in there the comp also says locked on the main page where i log on how do i change the settings -- angie
July 9th 09 06:27 PM
by ajsv74 Go to last post
0 189
How do I move the users dir? by Mort
I have a second HDD and want all my user files to be stored there how do I move C:\Users - D:\Users?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 09 02:15 AM
by mrgcav[_3_] Go to last post
16 672
Can't Follow Hyperlink in Outlook 2007 Message by cwnidog
Hi, I'm unable to follow hyoerlinks in Outlook2007 e-mail messages. When I click on a hyperlink, I get and error: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on your computer. Please contact your system admiistrator". I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on a single-user PC, so I guess that makes me the SysAdmin, but I heven't a clue of what restriction there might be....
Can't Register Jscript and VBscript error 0x80004005 by minepassport
Hey, this probleme has been hunting me for weeks, I think there is something terribly wrong with my comptuer. So first I tryed to install this adobe program and then it said that Jscript isn't registered properly. Then i googled the probleme. Everywhere I look says that I need to type in "regsvr32 jscript" into a ADMINISTRATED Command Prompt. I did that and a error came up says "The module...
July 5th 09 03:58 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
4 343
Can't Register Jscript and VBscript error 0x80004005 by minepassport[_2_]
Hey, this probleme has been hunting me for weeks, I think there is something terribly wrong with my comptuer. So first I tryed to install this adobe program and then it said that Jscript isn't registered properly. Then i googled the probleme. Everywhere I look says that I need to type in "regsvr32 jscript" into a ADMINISTRATED Command Prompt. I did that and a error came up says "The module...
July 5th 09 07:11 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
2 293
Can't Register Jscript and VBscript error 0x80004005 by minepassport[_2_]
Hey, this probleme has been hunting me for weeks, I think there is something terribly wrong with my comptuer. So first I tryed to install this adobe program and then it said that Jscript isn't registered properly. Then i googled the probleme. Everywhere I look says that I need to type in "regsvr32 jscript" into a ADMINISTRATED Command Prompt. I did that and a error came up says "The module...
July 4th 09 10:21 PM
by minepassport[_2_] Go to last post
0 211
Can't Register Jscript and VBscript error 0x80004005 by minepassport
Hey, this probleme has been hunting me for weeks, I think there is something terribly wrong with my comptuer. So first I tryed to install this adobe program and then it said that Jscript isn't registered properly. Then i googled the probleme. Everywhere I look says that I need to type in "regsvr32 jscript" into a ADMINISTRATED Command Prompt. I did that and a error came up says "The module...
July 4th 09 10:13 PM
by minepassport Go to last post
0 204
Cannot log onto Admin Profile by Marie
Hi there. I have 2 profiles on my computer, one is the main admin profile, that me and my partner use on an everyday basis, and the other was one we set up for a friend to use while house sitting, and this is NOT an admin profile. Yesterday, my partner tried to log onto our profile, entered the correct password, and got the message that the user profile cannot be loaded, or something to...
July 4th 09 08:17 AM
by Brink Go to last post
4 296
Windows cannot change your password - BUT IT DID. by mattel-inc
Hi all, I'm currently using Vista Home Premium with 1 admin account and 1 guest account. Sadly when I went to change my password for my admin account, I was prompted saying that my password was unable to be changed. I thought nothing of it. I tried to change it again but it said my "current" password is incorrect? It was right the first time.
July 4th 09 05:21 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
8 421
Access denied to services.msc and mycomputer manage by Vistauser142
Hello, I am a windows vista home premium user. I am unable to access eventvwr,services.msc, computer managment and some options in adminstrative tools under control. I am an admin on the machine. I tried netplwiz and can see that I am the administrator user and I also tried adding another user as admin from here and tried logging with that account but no luck.
July 4th 09 05:05 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
4 255
Run explorer.exe as another user in Vista ? by Vilius Mockûnas
Hello, I have trouble trying to run explorer.exe as another user in windows Vista os. In XP things worked like that - 1. check "Launch folder windows in a separate process" check box in folder options for the target account. 2. use runas.exe to launch explorer.exe as another user. I can launch other applications as another user with no problems in Vista
July 3rd 09 01:35 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 264
Run explorer.exe as another user in Vista ? by Vilius Mockûnas
Hello, I have trouble trying to run explorer.exe as another user in windows Vista os. In XP things worked like that - 1. check "Launch folder windows in a separate process" check box in folder options for the target account. 2. use runas.exe to launch explorer.exe as another user. I can launch other applications as another user with no problems in Vista
July 3rd 09 01:27 PM
by Vilius Mockûnas Go to last post

From The