Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Disable logon prompt? by wildtrout
HI Group, Just wondering if there is a way of disabling the user logon prompt? I've installed RC1 on 4 PCs now and 2 have logon prompts and 2 boot straight to desktop. I'm the only user here. Any ideas will be alpplreciated. Bob
October 11th 06 07:09 PM
by Desert ratt Go to last post
1 494
guest log in by jgrad561
installed rc1 and now get guest log in and password box, never had a password and no sys admin small home system only tried just clicking box and say not accepted, help
October 10th 06 01:22 PM
by jgrad561 Go to last post
0 799
guest log on????? by jgrad561
installed RC1 and presented with the screen you can not sign in anymore the way you did please check with your sys admin. then I get a guest screen with password... Never signed in before, always got welcome then right into windows... sys admin, hah, I have two computers linked together and a laptop at my home so I guess I am the sys admin, but have no idea what to do, tried just clicking...
October 10th 06 01:20 PM
by jgrad561 Go to last post
0 1,094
Unable to login to windows vista after upgrade by Taj
I have upgraded from win xp pro to win vista rc1. I onlz used Administrator account in the windows xp so i dont have any other accounts active. After upgrade when i try to login to my administrator account(i dont use password) it says that account has been disabled. Is there any way that i can access my files. I have backups made but I am really dissapointed in the way vista locked up my...
October 10th 06 05:10 AM
by DT Go to last post
2 608
Allways allow logon-script by Jesper Hauge
My Vista RC1 installation is running in a Small Business Server Domain - is it possible to tell Vista to allways allow the logon script to run, seem a bit silly I have to allow the logonscript everytime i boot my computer Jesper Hauge
October 9th 06 04:32 PM
by Attila Go to last post
1 568
Remote desktop RDP file settings list by David Lloyd
Does anyone have a complete listing of the supported settings for the RDP file of the new remote desktop client. Trying to get through htem through trial and error but not havign much luck with settings such as span. Somewhere detailed the setting span:i:1 for this one but this has not materialised. Thought that maybe 'span monitors:i:1' may be ok as span monitors got a hit in the the hex...
October 9th 06 04:08 PM
by David Lloyd Go to last post
0 570
Permissions by Richard
Hello I am running Windows Vista RC1 Evaluation copy. Build 5600 I am trying to install the Sony Ericsson PC Suite Software and I get so far and the installation stop and I get a dialog box telling me i do not have sufficient privileges and I should log in as an administrator. I have doe this and I still cannot install the software, I have noticed that for the program files folder and the...
October 9th 06 07:31 AM
by Richard Go to last post
2 582
Configure advanced user profile properties by ERWatkins
In the "User Accounts and Family Safey" there is an item under TASKS where you can Configure advanced user profile properties. When I select this task, a User Profiles window appears showing profiles stored on the computer, The Name of the profile shows the correct computer name but the user name after the \ does not match the name of the account I gave to the only profile on the machine. ...
October 8th 06 09:40 PM
by ERWatkins Go to last post
0 568
Parental Controls Activity Reports for E-Mail & Messenger by Mike
Looks as though this feature is not currently working, at least not for me. Any idea when it will be working? I'm using RC2 Build 5744
October 7th 06 03:47 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 567
RC2 Parental Controls & Mail by Mike
I'm testing out the parental controls in RC2 and it looks as though there is definitely the POTENTIAL for exactly what todays parents need. However, everything is not work so who knows if it all will be part of the final product, I hope so. Now, my current problem. I have an account for testing that I have setup parental controls on, Activity Reports are on, Web Filtering is on 'Medium',...
October 7th 06 03:45 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 513
Cannot Admin Vista RC1 after being on Domain by momilla
I Installed RC1, with one user account. The account was OK installing software, and making changes to the system. After all of my software was installed, I joined the machine to a domain. As a domain admin, I was able to join to the domain with my domain admin account. All was well. When I wanted to make changes, it prompted me for my domain admin account, which at the time was not an issue....
October 6th 06 06:44 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 555
Cachemov problems by Sorehead_5
I've been trying to use the old Windows 2000 cachemov.exe utility with no success. I stops on step 5 after creating the csc file but before it moves the cache ("Failed to move Offline Files Cache"). Is there a new version? Or is there a permissions problem? Or have I forgotten how to use the tool? The laptop is running Vista RC1, is a member of a domain, and the domain controller (if it's...
October 6th 06 04:49 PM
by Sorehead_5 Go to last post
0 537
:O Do I need a new product key? by Tommy1184
I have downloaded one week ago Vista RC1 64 bit edt... And then I found out that my audio chipset doesen't support a 64 bit OS... So actually I am downloading the 32 bit edt planning to format my 2nd HD and intall it there... Well... I am downloading it... But I haven't received the usual e-mail that says the product key... Do I need a new one? Or I can use the 64edt one?
October 6th 06 03:12 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 483
Parental Controls by randallm1985
hi i have made 2 account one for me and one for my brother well he is a standard user and i have noticed that when he is a user he cant use yahoo messenger but i can well if i made him a administrator it would work but i wont him to be on a time limit when he logs on is there anyway to let him use yahoo as a user or how do i configure it thanks
October 6th 06 02:56 PM
by tj548 Go to last post
1 514
Startup by Larry Hilley
Vista boots to user account selection. But I am the only user, so I want it to boot directly to my desktop. How do I set it so it does that? Larry Hilley
October 6th 06 02:46 AM
by Larry Hilley Go to last post
2 586
Cannot Admin Vista RC1 after being on Domain by momilla
I Installed RC1, with one user account. The account was OK installing software, and making changes to the system. After all of my software was installed, I joined the machine to a domain. As a domain admin, I was able to join to the domain with my domain admin account. All was well. When I wanted to make changes, it prompted me for my domain admin account, which at the time was not an issue....
October 5th 06 07:20 PM
by momilla Go to last post
0 453
Cannot Admin Vista RC1 after being on Domain by momilla
I Installed RC1, with one user account. The account was OK installing software, and making changes to the system. After all of my software was installed, I joined the machine to a domain. As a domain admin, I was able to join to the domain with my domain admin account. All was well. When I wanted to make changes, it prompted me for my domain admin account, which at the time was not an issue....
October 5th 06 07:19 PM
by momilla Go to last post
0 553
Problems with shutting down by Andreas Hennig
Hey, my Vista won´t shut down. I have waited for more then 10 minutes. I´ve tried more than once I have a Vista RC1 Build 5600 German My Computer is a member of a Small Business Server 2003 English Classification 4.0 Intel Pentium 4 2,8Ghz Dual Core 1538 MB RAM
October 5th 06 04:59 PM
by Andreas Hennig Go to last post
1 549
Using WDS to deploy Vista by swoody
How can I get the local administrator account enabled during a wds unattended install? I have created a wdsclientunattend.xml file with the SIM app and when I use WDS to deploy the base Vista image the admin account is disabled and the local account I setup in the .xml file does not create the local account either.
October 5th 06 04:53 PM
by swoody Go to last post
0 510
Using WDS to deploy vista by swoody
How can I get the local administrator account enabled during a wds unattended install? I have created a wdsclientunattend.xml file with the SIM app and when I use WDS to deploy the base Vista image the admin account is disabled and the local account I setup in the .xml file does not create the local account either.
October 5th 06 04:51 PM
by swoody Go to last post

From The