Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can't join Domain by Jacob Ballard
I had a problem with that build joining as well. When you enter the user name, i forget exactly which format it wanted but, it was either domain\username or username@domain. That worked for me. "Systems Administrator" wrote: I have a 5472 build and I can't join the Domain. If anyone has any insight let me know. Thanks, Tom
August 31st 06 04:21 PM
by Jacob Ballard Go to last post
0 758
NTFS file permission by Jacob Ballard
Try running as a member of Backup Operators. That should give some access reguardless of NTFS permissions. "Christophe" wrote: Hello fellow vis(t)ionaries, I have 3 questions: Recently I installed Windows Vista, like most of us. I didn't had the upgrade option, so I did a full install.
August 31st 06 04:13 PM
by Jacob Ballard Go to last post
0 777
activation - please don't let this be true by Chris
Hi. I clicked a link on Gizmodo.com today stating that MS is allowing 100k copies of Pre-RC1 Build 5536 to be downloaded. I downloaded just fine and did not see anywhere a place to register or a place to obtain an activation key so I, (foolishly), assumed these copies were somehow marked or tracked to bypass that. Now I get the '14 days to activate' message and I'm at a loss.
August 30th 06 02:44 AM
by B Barley Go to last post
1 824
sorry for redundancy by Chris
I posted previous activation message thrice- I was continually getting an error when I went to post and did not think they went through. Thanks, Chris
August 29th 06 09:41 PM
by Chris Go to last post
0 821
I can't run a Windows Explorer as Administrator with runas by Joachim
A normal User (non Administrator) can't start a Windows File Explorer with commandline "run as" or with right mouse "run as Administrator" A Explorer appears, but only as non Administrator Is this a bug?
August 29th 06 08:33 PM
by Joachim Go to last post
0 722
deleting user profile folders by backlot
i created 2 user accounts as admin and now i want to delete the user profile folder that it created am experiencing a permission error.. how can i delete the folder thank you for any help in this matter
August 29th 06 12:21 AM
by backlot Go to last post

From The