Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Question
I need Permission to open a folder by MCC124
Hello, I am a new member and looking for the answer to a problem. Vista Home Premium 32. I need to open Documents and settings, within "My Computer" I get a message to say I do not have permission to open this. I am the only user of my PC. Please how can I get round this?
June 9th 09 12:46 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
8 365
2 identical acounts on startup, and error on startup, please help! by dnt123
I just received my PC from cyberpowerpc.com I created my user accounts and i had some problems, basically i have 2 of the same accounts on the vista login screen. When i go to manage user accounts it only shows one account under my name. Also first thing when i turn on the PC before the login screen, i get "error, invalid user name or password" even though i have not entered anything yet. Anyone...
June 8th 09 09:20 PM
by dnt123 Go to last post
0 291
No password field by jaacka
We set up an administrator account on my ds's computer, and now everything you do requires an administrator password, it says enter password and click okay. There is no "field" to enter the password. Suggestions? -- jaacka
June 8th 09 01:54 AM
by jaacka Go to last post
0 269
No right mouse button by officer20
-i hope really you can help me. I just have my new laptop with windows vista home premium. i just have 1 account a administrator. But my right mouse button dosn`t work any more on internet browser en the front screen. if i want to enable the function run he says iām not allowed due to the systeem administrator. if i want to open the task manager iām not allowed if i want to enable it iām not...
June 5th 09 05:28 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 281
No right mouse button by officer20
-i hope really you can help me. I just have my new laptop with windows vista home premium. i just have 1 account a administrator. But my right mouse button dosn`t work any more on internet browser en the front screen. if i want to enable the function run he says iām not allowed due to the systeem administrator. if i want to open the task manager iām not allowed if i want to enable it iām not...
June 4th 09 08:01 PM
by officer20 Go to last post
0 195
Insufficient Privileges by Url
I've been trying to open an application with a self-extracting installer I've downloaded, and keep getting this error message: "Unable to write to the temp directory in C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\. Check that you have write access to this directory." Every account has full access and ownership of every file on my computer, and the account I'm using is the admin. I've checked this more times...
June 4th 09 04:04 PM
by Url Go to last post
8 297
Insufficient Privileges by Url
I've been trying to open an application with a self-extracting installer I've downloaded, and keep getting this error message: "Unable to write to the temp directory in C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\. Check that you have write access to this directory." Every account has full access and ownership of every file on my computer, and the account I'm using is the admin. I've checked this more times...
June 4th 09 03:29 PM
by Url Go to last post
0 208
Disk Management - Partitioning problem by Boblink
Hi, I have a 500G Hard Drive that I decided to Partition and now have a 284.6G "C" Drive, 9.77 Unallocated Space, a 87.75 "X" Drive, a 36.81 "Y" Drive and a 48.83 "Z" Drive. After moving files, folders,... , I noticed that the "C" Drive has 251G Free and tried to re-size (reallocate) some of the space Free Space in "C" (I don't think that I need more than 50Gs) but the Vista HP Disk...
June 4th 09 11:45 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
2 290
How can I delete a acount on vista without the password and make a new admin acount? by alyssarae
I have a admin acount on windows vista basic and I dont have the password and I want to delete both acount on her my admin and my standard acount and make a new admin acount. I dont have the disks that you can reinstal Vista on here and I need to be able to use my computer, If you know how please email me. Or talk to me on here -- alyssarae
June 4th 09 08:51 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
2 313
How can I delete a acount on vista without the password and make a new admin acount? by alyssarae
I have a admin acount on windows vista basic and I dont have the password and I want to delete both acount on her my admin and my standard acount and make a new admin acount. I dont have the disks that you can reinstal Vista on here and I need to be able to use my computer, If you know how please email me. Or talk to me on here -- alyssarae
June 4th 09 04:21 AM
by alyssarae Go to last post
0 212
Vista to XP network permissions by Rob
I have just started to try making use of Vista's ability to set permissions on network shares and can't quite do what I would like to - I'd be grateful for any help. I am trying to share folders on my home network in a particular way but am not sure whether it is possible to do what I wish? I have a Vista Home Premium computer with 3 folders that I want to share, the Public folder and two...
June 3rd 09 08:12 AM
by Rob Go to last post
0 220
Parental Controls - Internet Stops Working by AlexWP5
I'm having a little bit of a problem with making a new account with parental controls. I don't know if it's just me being thick headed or if it's actually the computer. :sarc: I'm on an administrator account and whenever I try to set up parental controls, both of the accounts internet stop working. To fix the problem I had to use System Restore. Just deleting the standard account wasn't enough....
June 2nd 09 06:11 PM
by djshaggyswag Go to last post
4 359
Vista Home Edition - Roaming Profile Problem by Mikey Oakey
Hello, For some reason my user account in Vista Home Premium edition seems to have changed to a roaming profile. There seems to be no option to change it back to local. In addition to this, there seems to be an extra profile in the Users folder called Mike.V2 which seems identical. Does anybody know whats going on here, how my profile changed to roaming
June 2nd 09 03:44 PM
by GTS Go to last post
2 330
Vista Home Edition - Roaming Profile Problem by Mikey Oakey
Hello, For some reason my user account in Vista Home Premium edition seems to have changed to a roaming profile. There seems to be no option to change it back to local. In addition to this, there seems to be an extra profile in the Users folder called Mike.V2 which seems identical. Does anybody know whats going on here, how my profile changed to roaming
June 2nd 09 09:52 AM
by Mikey Oakey Go to last post
0 264
Solutions for recovery windows admin password if you have forgotten/lost windows administrator password. by dizzyturkey
What should your do when you forgot the password to login to windows system? Ask an administrator to reset the log on password for you. If you yourself are administrator, and you can’t remember the administrator password, the problem get a little tricky, and probably hard to recover the “forgotten password” again. Before you search for recovery CD or Windows DVD to format and reinstall Windows...
June 1st 09 07:36 AM
by dizzyturkey Go to last post
0 230
I cannot change my account to administrator please HELPPPP! by lpellerin
Hello, my daughter and I share the same computer. She changed my account that was administrator to Standard and then clicked on this : require password when computer wakes. Now everytime i download something the download works but then the security question pops up and says i require a password and i have to type it below but it wont let me type it below because the setting : require password...
May 31st 09 08:44 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
5 328
How to delete Users. by Kirti
Folks : I need some Information. I have a HP Desktop running Windows Vista Home Premium. Sing In is my Wife Name and also a Pass Word. It is also a Administrators Account. When I click C Drive. I see a Folder called Users. In that "Users" Folder ... I see just my Name. Can this Folder name be changed to reflect her name. If so How ? Thanks for your help in advance. Regards ! Kirti
May 31st 09 08:43 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
2 273
Parental Controls by LilyMarie
I think that my teenager has gained access to my account and has been clearing the Parental Control history when I'm not around. I've already changed my password in hopes it won't happen again, but is there a way I can see if the logs have been cleared? I haven't had the chance to talk to her yet and want to know for sure before I do, if I can. -- LilyMarie
May 31st 09 06:22 PM
by LilyMarie Go to last post
0 189
Parental Controls by LilyMarie
I think that my teenager has gained access to my account and has been clearing the Parental Control history when I'm not around. I've already changed my password in hopes it won't happen again, but is there a way I can see if the logs have been cleared? I haven't had the chance to talk to her yet and want to know for sure before I do, if I can. -- LilyMarie
May 31st 09 06:22 PM
by LilyMarie Go to last post
0 259
What if you were only .00005% successful by [email protected]
In baseball, if you get a hit 30% of the time you're an All-Star. In online direct marketing, if you convert 1% of your visitors - you can make big money. But what if you only had to convert .0000005% to be successful? What if you only needed 3 people out of 600 million prospects to get into profit? When you join AllXClub, we put the odds in your favor! 600 million prospects and you only need...
May 31st 09 03:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The